Eyelash Loss

Posted , 27 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I started losing eyelashes about 4 months before I was diagnosed with blepharitis.  My doctor thought it was due to my anemia and put me on iron pills.  I have now been treating my blepharitis for the last 4 weeks with antibiotic ointment, warm compress/massage, tea tree oil/baby shampoo eyelash cleaning and upping my omega3’s.  Although my eyes feel a bit better and are also a little less swollen I am loosing even more eyelashes than before. 

I haven’t been able to find a lot of information about eyelash loss and blepharitis and I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar- where your eyes get better but your eyelashes fall out even more.  I wonder if maybe the eyelash loss and blepharitis are not related after all and I need to look at my iron levels again.

Thank you for any help! 

erin

0 likes, 87 replies

87 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i know this is a bit late but i recently found out that i have blepharitis, and a lot of my lashes have fallen out especially the bottom ones, now i have as few gaps in between.

anyone know of anything that would help with lash growth? as if worried that they will all fall out and I'll have none left.

Also i was told by the doctor to cleanse my eyes with boiled water, can anyone tell me whether this actually works or not as lashes feel less sticky but still falling out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.