Eyelash Loss

Posted , 27 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I started losing eyelashes about 4 months before I was diagnosed with blepharitis.  My doctor thought it was due to my anemia and put me on iron pills.  I have now been treating my blepharitis for the last 4 weeks with antibiotic ointment, warm compress/massage, tea tree oil/baby shampoo eyelash cleaning and upping my omega3’s.  Although my eyes feel a bit better and are also a little less swollen I am loosing even more eyelashes than before. 

I haven’t been able to find a lot of information about eyelash loss and blepharitis and I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar- where your eyes get better but your eyelashes fall out even more.  I wonder if maybe the eyelash loss and blepharitis are not related after all and I need to look at my iron levels again.

Thank you for any help! 

erin

0 likes, 87 replies

87 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Actually less eye lash growth on eyes looks not so good. Concern with doctor and then you can use the best eye care product for increasing eye lashes growth.
  • Posted

I also has same problem. I am now consulting my doctor about this thing. You should consult to expert first and then apply any product.
  • Posted

Erin, I have the dreaded Blef, and haven't lost one eye lash that I know of. Dena

• Posted

Dear erin,

Jill, who posted on this site, had blepharitis for over 20 years. She used the Wet Ones, U S, and her lashes grew back. She worked so she used them 2 times a day.

Others, on this site, have mentioned that they have had lashes grow back too. 

Just make sure you are not allergic to detergents or fabric softeners or lanolin. The wipes last ingredient is leaf juice. Some of the red Wet Ones have changed. The yellow Wet Ones come in the box of 24 and end in leaf juice too. I tried the yellow ones on my eyelashes even though I no longer have the Blepharitis.

I found that Staph was the problem for me and these wipes kill that.

I wore mascara and eye shadow as eyeliner

but used throw away applicators after buying new makeup. I never double dipped into the mascara and never do now. I use 1 wand for both eyes now but never put a used wand into the mascara.

Hope this info helps you,

Lynda79

• Posted

Lynda, I can't help but to notice all the help you have given on this board. It's people like you that make these sites so productive. I'm sure there are many along with myself, that appreciate your time and self sacrifice. smile. Dena

• Posted

Dear Dena,

Thank you for your nice comment. 

I am trying to not add too much but it is hard when you see someone suffering. Especially, the girls, with their eyelash loss. 

There is a saying "In my wildness dreams" and that describes how this thing grew. I thought it may help a few and I was really surprised how many.

Are you the Dena who tells about the Tea Tree Oil? I tell those who cannot use the Wipes that Tea Tree Oil can kill Staph too. It is what they use in that BlephEx machine. The Dr told me that was for mites only. I thought while she said that "It is called Bleph Ex". I did not say anything though.

The ratio I mentioned was posted by tintin25 and he said 50/50 of Tea Tree Oil to Olive Oil (the best kind) for 2 times a week. He mentioned that 10/90 for daily use. 

If it is safe for mites it could work for the Bleph too. 

As I am rambling on again, thanks again.

Lynda79

• Posted

Lynda, yes, I was using the tea tree oil and no tears baby shampoo, and am now using Manuka Honey. It really works well for me. Thank you for all your help. 😊

• Posted

Dear erin,

Jill, on this site, used the Wet Ones and she had Blepharitis for over 20 years and her Dr told her that her lashes may not come back in as it had been such a long time. Her lashes grew back and she gets comments on how lovely they are now.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

DermalMD Eye serum is very amazing! I wasn’t sure at first but it’s worth every dollar. After 4 weeks  of daily using... I started seeing the results. Everywhere I go people asked me if I’were wearing fake lashes. I recommend this product 100%.
    • Posted

You must be on the wrong forum as this product seems to be used for cosmetic purposes.
  • Posted

Hi just wanted to update on my blepharitis/eye lash loss.

I started using the Wet Ones wipes with the red lid online from Amazon(US) twice a day everyday. Before bed I would line my eyelash line with a mixture of Rosemary, Castor and Tea Tree oil. 

I started seeing improvements very quickly! After a couple of weeks I cut down the Wipes use to once a day but conintued with the oils.

4 months later I only Wipe my eyelashes if they feel irritated and I no longer use the oils. My eyelashes have grown back in full and I haven't had any complications e.g. styes since 

I hope this helps some of you let me know if any questions! 

• Posted

Thanks fellow friends for this communication. Was searching about this and found this. My 14 years old son lost his one eyelash all the way 6 months ago . We went to dermatologist and ENT doctors and they says sometimes its happened. they didn't came up with any full proof condition. They prescribed Lattice and we have been using for last 6 months but eyelash not growing back. Today after 6 months we saw 2nd eyelash start to fall. Only half left. We are so worry about it. He looks nervous due to this problem. Can anyone please advise what can be done. I read this wet wipes trick here and not sure which one to buy. I am in US , can anyone post a link for that wipes. 

Thanks in advanced. 

Sam

• Posted

Dear samadam and erin,

The Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes, can be purchased at Walmart or drugstores. Just make sure the last ingredient is the Leaf Juice. There is another Red ones that have different ingredients. The yellow ones can be used too. I used them on my eyes to make sure even though the Bleph was gone.

Jill, who posted on this site, used the wipes on her eyes and she had the Blepharitis for over 20 years and her lashes fell out. The Dr told her they would probably not grow back. They did and she says she gets compliments on her lashes now. 

I found it to be a Staph infection in my lashes and the wipes kills Staph.

Some are allergic to the wipes. People who have sensitive skin and are allergic to detergents, fabric softeners, lanolin and spermicidal jellies should not try them.

It took over 3 months to kill it but the last couple of months I used them 2 times a day. Jill, who worked, used them only 2 times a day and her lashes grew back

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.