Eyes keep twitching

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the past 1 month I've been in severe stress. Have gone through panic attacks, anxiety disorders and what not! It was a few weeks ago that my right eye started twitching and it lasted for bout 3 days. After that it was my left eye that started twitching and its been almost 10 days but the twitching hasn't stopped. It twitches for bout 5 6 seconds and then stops. There were a few days when there wasn't any twitching at all.

Does anyone else have experienced this ever? Is this something to worry bout or it's just normal?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi esha, your eye twitching is all anxiety related. The adrenaline in your blood causes muscles to tense and twitch, it is very normal for people who suffer from anxiety. I too have anxiety,  but have not had the eye twitch. Maybe post in the anxiety forum, tthe people there are friendly, helpful and know a lot about anxiety and it's symptomsThey have helped me the last few weeks. I'd recommend drinking plenty of water, and eating more fruit and veg ( if you do not already do so) as this can help relieve the annoying symptoms. If it worries you, go to your doctor, but it's just all anxiety. But as I said maybe ask in the anxiety forum. 

Hope this helps, Jack

• Posted

Hey Jack, thank you so much for your reply. Yes probably you're right. I've been to the neurologist twice but she told me the same thing both the time that I'm fine and there's nothing wrong with you (as I started fearing that I have a brain tumour) and it's just anxiety that's bothering you. She even prescribed me an antidepressant which I started taking a couple of days ago. It's kinda working but I think that my anxiety has gone to extreme levels and it's gonna take a hell lot of time to get a bit in control.

Well according to your suggestion, I'm surely gonna join the anxiety forum too.

Thank you so much! Take care. smile

• Posted

My anxiety also started because i thought I had a brain tumour, but it was all stress related. My symptoms have improved massively over the last few weeks, and my fears are almost gone, they are great help and would know more than me 😂

• Posted

Hahahaha omg. I'm sure it was google that made you start thinking that way! It was in my case though! 😂

Yess you were right. People there seems really helpful. Thanks once again! And I'm glad to know that your symptoms have improved. Feel better! smile

• Posted

Haha, yep, Google made me think like that, I know now never to Google my symptoms
    • Posted

one claritin is all it took me i swear - must have been an allergy

• Posted

my left upper eyelid has been twitching for almost 6 months now and im going crazy!! ive done all types of eye exercises and cleanses but nothing seemed to help. i finally went to my doctor 3 weeks ago a he gave me 10mg Cyclobenzaprine and Oflaxcin eye drops and nothing has gotten any better. I really dont have any stress or anxiety, but do notice my sleep pattern is off.

What can i do?!?!?

• Posted

hallo!!! i have the same problem! i want ask you if you are ok now??

• Posted

Hi, I am going through the same thing right now. Mine started 6 weeks ago when I was going through some stress, and because I only get 6 hours of slept broken up it to 4 parts it is not getting any better. 2 nights ago I did manage to get 5 solid hours and the next day my eye didn't twitch at all.

My advice would be to get plenty of sleep (if you can) meditate (if you have time) avoid caffeine and sugar! And try not to put as much pressure on your self then go make an appointment with your gp.

Last resort.. but they can prescribe Botox if it is not improving and effecting your every day life.

I get very self conscious as I can physically see my upper lid moving and sometimes it's constant all day with only 20 mins breaks then an hour of full on twitching (at it's worst)

Hth

• Posted

take claritin it will take a few hours to kick in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.