Eyes keep twitching

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the past 1 month I've been in severe stress. Have gone through panic attacks, anxiety disorders and what not! It was a few weeks ago that my right eye started twitching and it lasted for bout 3 days. After that it was my left eye that started twitching and its been almost 10 days but the twitching hasn't stopped. It twitches for bout 5 6 seconds and then stops. There were a few days when there wasn't any twitching at all.

Does anyone else have experienced this ever? Is this something to worry bout or it's just normal?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

this is going to seem fake it's so easy but I've never had problem eye twitching my entire life and I'm 53 years old. This past several months I noticed the inner area above the tear duct of both eyes had this swollen area it looked like an allergic reaction but it was worst in the morning. The last two week first my right eye upper lid started twitching which I've had happen but infrequently. It increases a couple of weeks ago and then the left lower eyelid started in. i drank tonic water I read that quinine was a muscle relaxer and it stops the twitching so I tried it and it instantly stopped the twitching but it was very temporary. After two very annoying weeks, I took one Claritin and all twitching completely disappeared. So an allergy? I had recently bought a new line of mascara and facewash..? but the swelling in eye came before that so basically no clue what im allergic to. just take the claritin.

• Posted

has this gone now? mine has been 6 months every day but is a few seconds only randomly. docs are not concerned but having some bloods done in a few weeks

• Posted

Hi

Ive had a left twitchy upper eyelid now for over a month. It comes and goes, probably once every 8 or 9 months and lasts anything from a week to a month or so.

I do have a stressful job and also a lot going on privately at the moment. I think im reasonably good at supressing it rather than addressing it. And so i have unconscious anxiety that i just ignore. Its either that or have a breakdown. Life is stressful lets face it.

Like others i revert to Google and read about brain tumours or MS or Parkinsons. Which all terrify me obviously. And do not help the situation. However it does say eye twitching is rarely a sign of these and would have to be accompanied by a whole load of other symptoms. Some of which i manifest im sure. Seems easier for your body to tell you its the worst thing possible rather than not know at all.

I sleep pretty well, i get a decent amount of exercise, havent lost any strength when training in the gym and yes i get tired but im usually up at 6am. I had my eyes tested last year and my vision, all be it not amazing, had barely changed in 10 years. I dont have slurred speech or balance problems. Ive got what i think is tendonitis in my left bicep but its manageable and whilst doesnt seem to be going away it doesnt stop me training.

Im 40 years old and work from home mostly sat infront of a computer all day. I got really stressed out about going in to the office to do a presentation a month ago and had a really bad day of it. Had loads of other symptoms then those finished and this started. Im kinda glad this is the only one as its pretty minor compared to the other rubbish.

I do get anxious feelings in my gut most days even though im not always sure what its about. When you read anxiety symptoms theyre the same as some more serious diseases so its easy to see why people who have anxiety make matters worse by thinking its something else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.