Eyes, mouth and tongue problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi dear all.

I have been on Mirtazapine since February. Currently I have been on 7.5mg for almost 6 weeks. Past few weeks I struggle with burning/dry feeling eyes and sore tongue and mouth. Is this really what i could expect from Mirtazapine withdrawal? Or could it be anything else? Thank you for any reply!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, 

Just thought I'd check in and see how you are doing? 

• Posted

Hi Ness.

Well, not so good today. Very very tired since I woke up. It was sooo difficult to get out of the bed. Finally I made it. Now I am already at work, have mild nausea and am really tired that I could fall asleep immediately.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. I think the fatigue is normal at the low dose you're taking although I don't imagine that makes it any easier to deal with. You're doing really well to push through and remember it will have an end point. Nausea is horrible, have you tried something to settle it? You can't get anti-nausea medication which may help otherwise ginger is supposed to be good for sickness.

Hang in there!

• Posted

Dear Ness, thank you for another the dose of encouragement :-)

Also thank you for the advice about ginger. I will try it. As I said, it is just mild nausea, however, I am not feeling comfortable with it. What I also noticed is the fact that despite the nausea is influencing my appetite, the weight gain is still present :-( ... I already gained 8kg while on Mirtazapine (4 months).

BTW, where are you from? If you are from US, it's pretty late for you, isn't it?

• Posted

No problem.

One of the sensations I hate the most is nausea. Weirdly mines being very minimal since stopping completely compared to the tapering. I think the weight gain once you're off should fix itself. My doctor told me that as well as tiredness at the lower doses it can impact your appetite. Try not to worry about it too much as I'm sure it will happen.

I'm in the UK so its morning for me. How about you?

• Posted

Oh, I see. I am from Czech Republic. So it's after 10am right now. What is the most difficult me is to really accept the fact that something like this happened to me, although I am pretty young (28). It is cruel.
    • Posted

Life sometimes throws things at and they're not particularly wonderful. It's rubbish but we still have to figure out how we move on from them. I'm sorry this has happened to you but you are doing what you need to do to change things and you should be proud of that. It's not going to last forever. You have the rest of your life to begin to feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.