F2F assessment report

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, everyone.

My husband had a f2f for his PIP award review 3 weeks ago.

As a lot of people recommended in the forum, I requested a copy of the assessment report few days after his f2f.

The lady who answered the phone read out what she was typing for the request "Please send a copy of assesment report when it's done, blar blar

blar...".

I am still waiting for the repor to arrive, and am wondering it is normal to wait for three weeks to get an assesment report?

At the f2f, his assessor told us we might  get the decision in 2weeks time, even the letter says 4 to 8 weeks.

I didn't believe it and quite understandable we haven't got the decision yet as they say 4 to 8weeks, but assesment report wouldn't take so long, I guess.

Can anyone give me any idea how long usually take to get an assesment report? 

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Mine took about 1 1/2 weeks but still waiting for the decision 3 weeks later. Got a letter this morning saying they have all the info needed and will write again with the decision but think it depends on which area you're in.

Try not to worry x

• Posted

Some have had their assessment report sent to them after about 7 days whilst others have had to wait anything from 2 weeks to 8 weeks apparently.
  • Posted

I can only comment personally, but I rang for mine a few days after the F2F and received it within a week.  It may be a good idea to phone again.  Please let us know how you get on. x  
  • Posted

Thank you for the replies. I will ring them tomorrow and I will let you know what they say.
  • Posted

It's possible that the DWP haven't recieved the report yet. If they haven't recieved both copies (electronic and paper) they can not send you a copy. You should give them a ring tomorrow and check. For decisions wating times vary and the HCP really has no idea how long these take and to tell you 2 weeks she clearly was wrong to do that. Decisions can take 8 weeks and sometimes longer.

• Posted

Good morning.

I rang DWP just now and asked when they sent the report.

They said they received it yesterday! Means it has taken 3 weeks to reach to DWP.

The lady who answered the phone said "usually it takes a few days... I don't know why it took so long, We will send it today or tomorrow."

As we were told by HCP we might get the result in 2weeks, even if I thought it's too good to be true, I didn't expect just sending a report would take this long!

• Posted

Yes it can take longer or shorter  as remember each case can be different
    • Posted

It's possible that the HCP did get the report finished very quickly.  Most people have their report sent to DWP the same day or the next.  If an assessor was taking weeks to send the reports to DWP I'm sure they'd be pulled up about it very quickly.  I received my report 4 days after my assessment and had my result I think 10 days after my assessment so 2 weeks doesn't sound unreasonable to me although they do sometimes get a backlog at DWP and then the average times do increase.

The assessment providers have audit procedures in place which can delay the report being sent.  I wonder if this is what has caused the delay in your husband's case.  If his report was randomly chosen for audit it could easily delay it by 3 weeks.

Hopefully now the DWP have it you will receive it quickly and you'll both be happy with what has been written and with the result when it arrives.

• Posted

Thank you for the detailed reply. All we can do now is waiting... Fingers crossed! 
  • Posted

Hi i requested a copy of my report 3 days after my assesment should be here today or tomorrow. Ring them and ask they will send it out no problem
    • Posted

I have already requested, like you I rang a few days after F2F. It's been three weeks since then but the report hasn't arrived.

I talked to them again today and they said they just received it yesterday.

• Posted

I rang them this morning and asked. DWP received the report yesterday and they will send it today or tomorrow. They said they don't know why it took so long to reach DWP.

• Posted

Apparently with the DLA to PIP assessment period transition now in full flow the caseloads have increased quite a bit l hear and this is why it is taking longer then usual yet again sadly and allied to that in some areas there are not enough disability assessors either.
    • Posted

My husband's case is award review, but I guess the DLA to PIP's delay could affect other cases delay...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.