F2F assessment report

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, everyone.

My husband had a f2f for his PIP award review 3 weeks ago.

As a lot of people recommended in the forum, I requested a copy of the assessment report few days after his f2f.

The lady who answered the phone read out what she was typing for the request "Please send a copy of assesment report when it's done, blar blar

blar...".

I am still waiting for the repor to arrive, and am wondering it is normal to wait for three weeks to get an assesment report?

At the f2f, his assessor told us we might  get the decision in 2weeks time, even the letter says 4 to 8 weeks.

I didn't believe it and quite understandable we haven't got the decision yet as they say 4 to 8weeks, but assesment report wouldn't take so long, I guess.

Can anyone give me any idea how long usually take to get an assesment report? 

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Still waiting for the report... It's definitely with DWP as we had a phone call from them asking more detail of his medication. 

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you have yet to receive your assessment report as one would have hoped you would have got it by now Skippinghare but sadly that is the chaotic nature of the DWP systems yet again.
    • Posted

It maybe the case that they're holding off sending you the report until a decision has been made. While most people are sent it before the decision is made, there's some areas that won't send it before the decision has been made.

• Posted

Thank you. Yes, it might be the case. I just wanted to see it before the decision arrives, so I could prepare for MR or appeal if the report is not what I expected...
  • Posted

The report finally arrived but it doesn't seem good....

According to the report, he will not get anything. He has been awarded enhanced rate of daily activity but if the decision maker takes this report shows his condition (which doesn't) he has only 6points! She focused on his depression and ignored severe insomnia which is his main problem.

We haven't got the decision yet but if he doesn't get any award, I will ask MR with a letter from his insomnia clinic. (He was on their waiting list when he had f2f but now he's seeing a sleep doctor weekly.

I compare the current report and the previous report, and in the current report, he can do almost everything himself, which is not true. I was wondering. why they don't think everything improved so much in a few years are so unnatural. I hope  decision maker read the previous report as well and question them self.

Or do they more likely to just add up the points of the report? 

• Posted

Generally decision makers go by the assessors report in a lot of cases so yes whatever points the assessors gives they total them up and if you have not got 8 points at the minimum then claimants will get nothing.
    • Posted

Yes normally the Decision maker goes with the report. I have heard of them going against it but this very rarely happens. I would start to gather more evidence just in case his PIP does stop very soon. Remember that most MR decision remain the same so expect to have to take this all the way to Tribunal Appeal. Hopefully this won't happen.

• Posted

Mysterious amount of money from DWP PIP was paid into his account yesterday. I guess money came in before the decision letter. Does anyone know how many days they back up for the new decision? Do they apply the new award from the date the decision was made or the review date?

• Posted

Mine was paid from the review date i think but i'm not sure. I know i had back pay. Ring them and they'll tell you what the decision was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.