Face ache !

Posted , 11 users are following.

Good evening ladies, a strange question I know but it's really bothering me so much I couldn't work this afternoon and getting myself in a right old pickle about it. Along with all the other horrid things happening right now my cheekbones are really aching and I acts not through laughing either ! I rang my mum and she said she remembered her face changing when she was going through it and told me not to worry, but I am........for gods sake I think every part of my body has had some sort of ache and pain and now my face. So of course ive been staring in the mirror and anxiety high right now , so sick of it all - has anyone else had anything similar ? someone please say yes ! thank you xx

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi lou! Yep achy face here hunni. BUT having checked it out a little while ago my dentist (yep dentist!) said i was gnashing and grinding my teeth when sleeping due to my increased anxieties and this in turn has strained the facial muscles and started jaw and gum aches.

Not sure its the same for you love but just wanted you to know id had similar to ease your worry. Have you been to the dentist at all?

So sorry to hear its been a worrying day and hope this helps you in someway. Take care xxxx😄

• Posted

Hi Louise and thank you for reply , so sorry you have been having similar and yes I do go to the dentist fairly regularly even though I hate it. Teeth are all ok but I can see a change in my face, just been looking through some photos of a year ago and I can definatley see changes - horrible, my face has lost some plumpness in the cheeks and I look so much older because of it, I hate it. All these changes are hard and just sends anxiety sky high, wish I could just go to bed and wake up in five years time feeling amazing Uugghh like that Gonna happen. Every days anxiety ridden right now. Thank you so much for support and Hope you're ok xx😥
    • Posted

Aww i know what you mean about the loss of plumpness! Sometimes when I catch my reflection when Im not expecting it (say in a shop or bus window or something) I feel really sad as it just doesn't look like me 😂. I look so tired sometimes! I try so hard to be positive to get through this but now and again its just such a strain. Im sure we will both get through fine - lets just grin and bear it and keep smiling (although that might set our faces off aching again-LOL😄)

I hope you are feeling a little more reassured now hun and have a much better day tomorrow.

Lastly I went to my Slimming World class tonight (only a few pounds iff my target weight now) but I had a whoozy head and spaced out episode hit me half way through the class. Normally this would have freaked me out and kicked of the speedy heart beat panic session BUT I honestly just took a deep breath and stuck it out thinking of all the ladies here on this forum that would support me if they knew how I felt...... And it really really helped me get through it alot better - so thankyou to you and the other forum ladies for being there with me in spirit. Big hugs xxxx

• Posted

Oh wow good for you going to slimming world, well done that's great that you've lost weight that boots confidence loads. Also for managing the awful panic attacks. .....I so badly need to lose weight and every day I think I'll start today but never do, in fact me and hubby have just shared a large bar of galaxy and I ate it all in one go, such a pig, I eat more when I'm anxious and it's not good as the weight has piled on so I need to do something about it as I feel like a sloath, all slow and lethargic so I'm not helping myself. Yes I feel better thank you knowing I'm not alone. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it, take care xx
    • Posted

Awww Louise,

I'm glad you were able to get through it. You and these lovely ladies are my support also. I didn't have you all I would be a basket case. Knowing you guys are here also helps me to make it through. So thank you as well. Big hugs to you and be kind to yourself!!!

• Posted

Kinda made me chuckle inside. I would go to my doctor up north and tell him oh this hurts and that's bothering me. He surprised me at first as he would answer, oh that's good. It could be worse, you could be six feet under. First, what is Slimming World? I used Weight Watchers some years back and lost 60 lbs, then I lost 40 more on my own. Seems I have found some of it, none too happy 'bout that. Is your face still hurting? Do you have a sinus infection? I used to know if I bent over and my face would hurt worse! My son used to get them and his breath would smell awful. Could be?neutralquestion
  • Edited

Sorry you are feeling bad today. Hope it turns around for you. Just giving you a shout to let you know that I have that too sometimes. My face feels like I been constantly chewing gum and that scares the mess out of me. Then again, this whole weird body thing scares me. I don't have any suggestions for you but you are not alone in that symptom. Hope you feel better....
    • Posted

Oh god you poor thing . Thank you very much for reply im relieved to know I'm not alone with these horrid things going on. Yes it is all very scary for us and I wonder what tomorrow might bring. Hope you sleep well xx
    • Posted

Thanks Lou,

This peri stuff is tough. Hope I don't have too many more years of this.

• Posted

Me too - two years four months for me so far and it's all just crap, I'm coming back as a cat so I can lay on the bed all day sleeping x
    • Edited

I don't want any parts of a female....I'm over this whole female expierence. Men have it sweet. When they go through midlife crisis they buy a sports car and date women four times under their age. Just too easy....hahahahaha
    • Posted

I'm coming back as an overly pampered house cat with several plush pillows, a gay friend of mine is coming back as a blonde bombshell. We should be happy together!biggrin
    • Posted

That's sounding like a great plan, goose down pillows and a best friend - heaven ! 😉x
    • Posted

I'd like to come back as woman and hopefully into a world where they have managed to stop the menopause from happening. I've enjoyed being a woman until peri began.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.