Face Pain and Puffy!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good Morning Everyone!🌞

Well here’s another blip and I need your help. During my 18 weeks I’ve had tooth pain and face pain come and go. Well last night it started again out of the blue! Go to the tip of your nose and go straight across 1 1/2” and that part of my cheek is puffy. On bottom side of cheek I feel a small bump and if I put pressure on the gum right below that, is slight pain. I’m deciding if I go back to dentist which I was there 2x and had exrays all good😬! Or if I go back to ENT dr. Or just sit tight! I did restart my Flonase which is helping! 

I read a discussion a couple of months ago about antibiotics. I need to know 

Which ones are not good with our meds. I think the blog was with Michelle and Kelly. I just can’t find it. 

Or if anyone knows or had experience with antibiotics please let me know. I’m being proactive. Thank you my friends. 

Will😎

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Will, have you checked with a dentist to see if you have an abcess? I was at my dentist recently as have had lots of problems in last few years and since coming off a bunch of meds its improved, so asked my dentist if it was the meds that caused the problems and he ever so casually replied yes. I wanted to shout at him and say why didnt you tell me, didnt bother because I have learnt no medical people tell you anything unless you ask, thats my experience anyway, my message is question them.
    • Posted

Hi Paula, 

Yes I was at dentist 2 x in the past 2 months. I had full set of exrays and nothing. I have a sensitive tooth in the top side where above that is this. He said just keep an eye on it but most likely he said it could be the meds. It’s very frustrating. Since I posted this the puffiness has come down and I also started my Flonase again which I guess is definitely helping it. 😬😬

Thanks for your info. I know Lois always tells me it’s the meds but sometimes my anxiety runs away and I get more anxious. 

Will😎

• Posted

Sounds like a sinus infection.  I had one before I got put on the celexa.  My face hurt so bad--teeth, checks and pain in the sinus pockets by the eyes.   Flonase usually helps me when that happens from allergies also an allergy med like zyrtec or claritian can help relieve pressure as well.  I know you can take those with the celexa, not sure which antibiotics are best--either your gp or an ent would know.  Hang in there--those types of infections are hard but this too shall pass.  I would go see a gp and see if you can get an antibiotic. 
    • Posted

Oh yeah doing sinus rinses a few times a day can sometimes help as well.  
  • Posted

Good morning will..I do know that I also developed a lump on my hip when first started celexa but it subsided in two days... could be related to celexa..and also I think the antibiotic your referring here was due to a pregnancy I could be wrong..also the pain in my jaw and teeth lasted quite a while...if it waxes and pane is the celexa .
    • Posted

Also the ephephrenine in the dentist office to numb also causes weirdness with celexa..dentist will have back up drug with no ephephrenine..
    • Posted

Thanks Lois, I’m not sure what you were saying “if it waxes and the pain is the celexa”

But I really like that tip about the no Ephephrenine 

• Posted

Pardon me will.i meant waxes and wane.if the pain comes and goes it's the celexa...

• Posted

Lois, I have reactions from the injections and didnt put that down to celexa, this thread has really opened my eyes with interactions with antibiotics too, am really annoyed with my dentist.
    • Posted

OMG Paula...I had a bad experience with that horrible injection even though I told him the dentist the situation .when I got up from the dentist chair my legs went all wobbly I had to go on my phone and show the doctor..it was horrible..so now they know not to give me epeniphrene..
    • Posted

That is horrible! You have been through so much, am so happy for you that you have recovered. This forum is very lucky to have you. Thank you so much.
  • Posted

Hi Will it was me i was perscribed doxycycline for a chest infection which turned out not to be x On my 4th day of taken them i was doing well on 10mg of cit up until then . I had an adverse reaction it was awful the doctors will look at you in disbelief and say oh i havent heard of that before . I googled the drug afterwards and there are plenty of stories on there . You will be ok on the penicillon group they will be fine
    • Posted

Ok I’ll stay away from doxycycline. And hopefully I won’t need it. The Flonase works but it wore off already after7 hours. I’m still puffy. I’m going to ENT on Monday. I hope I can last till then. Thanks Michelle I know your out of the country in my bucket list. Lol. Enjoy everything from the food liquor scenery. 

And the people! 

Will😎

• Posted

I’m too getting pain down one side of my face, I’ve been to the dentist and he’s going to remove a filing and see what’s going on behind it, he says I may need root canal surgery. I know I’ll need pain relief, just not sure what will be ok with the citalopram. Sorry to hear you’re in discomfort too Will.
    • Posted

Hi Gemma,

How are you doing? Did you have your filling removed? 

I’m on antibiotics and the pain has subsided but still there. I’m having root canal on Tuesday. Let me low how you are. 

Will😎

• Posted

Hi Will, I’m booked in for this coming Friday, it’s the earliest I can get in so I’m trying to get by on paracetamol every four hours. It’s causing my face and head to ache. I hope you get on well on Tuesday, I bet you’ll be glad once it’s over and done with.

im managing my anxiety better though and I’m so happy that I’ve had two days anxiety free which is good for me, I think I’m better for been on the 30mg. I know I’ll still get bad days like I know my parents go away tomorrow and they’ve been a great support for me and my daughter through the bad times. I have to start to come of the zopiclone in two weeks two but I’m trying to keep my head up and remain positive.

I hope your doing well though despite the nuisance tooth, it’ll soon be over and done with though.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.