Face Pain and Puffy!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good Morning Everyone!🌞

Well here’s another blip and I need your help. During my 18 weeks I’ve had tooth pain and face pain come and go. Well last night it started again out of the blue! Go to the tip of your nose and go straight across 1 1/2” and that part of my cheek is puffy. On bottom side of cheek I feel a small bump and if I put pressure on the gum right below that, is slight pain. I’m deciding if I go back to dentist which I was there 2x and had exrays all good😬! Or if I go back to ENT dr. Or just sit tight! I did restart my Flonase which is helping! 

I read a discussion a couple of months ago about antibiotics. I need to know 

Which ones are not good with our meds. I think the blog was with Michelle and Kelly. I just can’t find it. 

Or if anyone knows or had experience with antibiotics please let me know. I’m being proactive. Thank you my friends. 

Will😎

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey everyone,

I just came home from an emergency dentist visit. I woke up today with more swelling and more pain. Actually I didn’t sleep much. The doctor put me on Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium 875/125 for 10 day. I’ve been on this in the past and I had no reaction but I wasn’t on citalopram back then. I did my research and I should be fine🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻. I need root canal. I never had that and the price is insane 2,100 + 1700 for the restoration of the tooth. I’ve asked around and friends/family say it’s a good price. That’s my next career in my next life lol. I hope you all are good this weekend and thank you all for your posts with advice and comments. It’s so important to be connected with our journey! 🌞🌲🌴🌵🍀🍁🎋🌹🌻🌎

Will😎

• Posted

Yes me too! Thanks for all your input/advice/enthusiasm/experiences..........….
    • Posted

Hi Will, sorry to hear you have an infection and want to wish you a speedy recovery,  if you have a similar thing in future go straight to the dentist without delay am not a dentist but could avoid another route canal hopefully and a hefty bill.  These infections can kill the roots which damage the teeth, that's what happened to me.

• Posted

Hi Paula,

Funny thing is I’ve been to my dentist every 6 months in the past 20 + years and 4x in the past 2 months I even had a cleaning and exrayslast month.  I’m now thinking of chxnging dentists. I’m on pill #3 what a difference it has made. The pain is almost gone. I’m gonna sleep tonight. 🙏🏻🙏🏻😴😴😴😴😴

Will😎

• Posted

Just to warn you Will, I had to have a second lot of anti biotics to try to get rid of my infection, so do not be surprised if the first lot do not get rid of it. In the end he had to drill into my tooth and drain it. Just dont want anyone to go through that if its avoidable. These infections can come on quickly.
    • Posted

Forgot to mention like you I go very regularly too and have to warn my hygienist to go easy as have had an abscess through treatment too.
    • Posted

Paula, 

Wow you and I sound the same. I’m wondering if my teeth were the cause of my headaches and all this mucus. It makes me think. I’ve now been educated that endodontist just do root canal. I’m trying to find one that is referred from someone. The antibiotics are working good. My swelling has gone down a lot and I slept OMG 8 hours that’s unheard of. 

Will😎

• Posted

Paula, 

I’m still thinking Do the infections show up on exrays? 

• Posted

I bet your teeth did contribute to your headaches and the mucus :-). No doubt the face pain, too.

?I had a root canal done in April; the worst part was the expense;-). The actual experience wasn't too bad.

?I originally thought some antibiotics that I took may have contributed to my citalopram no longer working, but in retrospect I think they just "pooped out", and the antibiotics didn't have anything to do with it.

• Posted

It probably was the cause of your headaches, those roots are long so will be affecting all the areas around them, and infections can really make you feel ill.  Regarding the xrays am not 100% sure about that Will, I suspect they may not, but do show up splits and holes in the teeth that can lead to abscesses, because the Dentist showed me mine, looked horrible ha!  I always know I have the start of an abscess because it throbs, and I get swelling.  That's why in my first post I said to you, check for an abscess as recognised what you said.

• Posted

Kelly,

I’m learning a lot about teeth. I’ve always been a dentist person. I go 2x a year for cleaning and check ups. I guess I was due for something to happen. Thanks for sharing your good root canal experience. I now learned I have to have a endodontist do my root canal. 

Will😎

• Posted

Kelly, 

How long were you on citalopram and what mg were you on? Are you still on it?

• Posted

Hi Paula, 

First I hope you are well. I have My root canal scheduled for this Tuesday at 8:30Am. The antibiotics areworking ok. I’m on Day 6 and I still have some swelling but 90% went down. I spoke with this dentist whom I never met yet. He said I might need another round of antibiotics after Tuesday. I’m now thinking will he have to drain it like what happened to you? It just can’t be cut and dry always with me it gets involved. ????

Will😎

• Posted

Hi Will, it was a relief when they drained mine., pain disappeared almost immediately. The thought of it is worse than the procedure. Make sure they give you loads of numbing injections and you will be just fine. It may not come to that, am not surprised you may need another lot of anti biotics with what you described, you must have been in alot of pain. I used to rub lots of sensitive toothpaste on my tooth to get relief and also rinse my mouth with salt water. Clove oil is good too for inflamed gums.
    • Posted

Hello will there is a rinse that you can only get from your dentist that kills all bacteria and takes away swollen gums called periomed.it will kill any bacteria your mouth has .. including helping increasing protection against tooth sensitivity it's amazing..hope this helps

• Posted

Lois, 

I need you to move next door to me, lol 

You are really the best! I will definitely ask the dentist for periomed. 

Will😎

• Posted

Paula, 

Yup I’ve been through a tube and 1/2 of sensodyne toothpaste. And the disgusting salt water. I’m actually pain free today. 👍🏼 Still have a swollen spot in my upper cheek. This just makes me crazy that it happened now. I’ve had this before starting celexa and not one Dr picked it up. 😬😬😬

Thanks for responding and keeping in touch. 

Will😎

• Posted

Will, I really do despair with doctors and dentists and have learnt a hard lesson that I need to question and research everything and take full control of my health.

I have gum desease and my dentist confirmed its due to meds. I was on a cocktail of meds. They only told me when I asked. Absolutely disgraceful! Look after your gums. Glad your pain has gone.

• Posted

The periomed will get rid of the gum desease..it did for me..you can only get from dentist..and it's only a rinse..

• Posted

Thanks Lois, I cannot find it here in the UK have noticed it has fluoride, I use Corsodyl and a fluoride mouthwash, plus little brushes to clean between my teeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.