Face to face assessment report

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all I see a lot of people are asking for a copy of there face to face assessment to see what they have been scored on and are working out if they will get the PIP benefit, or can the descion maker give you less point? Anyone else done this before? Thanks all

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Deano,

The PIP Application Form as a lot of weight on the actual award, the way in which the content is entered, any additional content added on additional sheets of A4 paper and also letters backing up any hospital admissions, doctors, consultant, or occupational therapist reviews, will all aid the application.

Under special circumstances the PIP Application is enough for the decision to be made, whether it is standard or enhanced, also depends on how the form is filled in.

A typical question might ask you something, but there is just 2 optional boxes labeled either Yes or No. Let's say you did tick Yes. To the DWP you have justed stated that you suffer from a certain problem, but they do not know what from you just answering 'Yes'. This is how most claiments look at the form, but if you ticked 'Yes' and then wrote next to the Question 'Please see page 2 of attached additional pages then you can then describe how and in what way this problem affects you on a daily basis, you can go in to much further detail. Everyone is different, none of us are the same.

Say you stated you stated you were autistic, the DWP does not know which type or anything else unless you enlighten them further, with austism there are over 200 variations, the DWP does not know which one you would suffer from.

It is essential to fill in the application form in correctly, if you have a mental issue then I would suggest that you get a friend that knows you well, or a family member. Never use CAB, the DWP have rejected PIP Applications filled in on your behalf by CAB because they cannot read the writing in many cases.

I'm not on PIP yet, I am still on DLA Top Rates on both components, this could change to '0' on a PIP application if I sent back a form with minimal answers. Everything needs to be on the form, if you take medications then list them all and the intervals, before, with or after food. Everything needs to be on paper.

I am about to start firing a few emails at Stephen Crabb MP, regarding the DWP and how it is run, the answers I get back I will share with anyone, unless there is personal details which would be removed. There is many sick people on Twitter than do not see the point of an assessment for PIP when we have been given DLA either 'for life' or 'indefinite'. Which is true, my circumstances have not got better since being on the top rates of DLA, I have a disorder that continually becomes worse as the years go by, PIP is not going to make me better, but I have a car on Motability - I cannot even drive, I have to rely on my wife as a carer, and she is not as strong as she used to be. She receives Carers Allowance looking after me, not much considering its a 24/7 job with me!

If we lose the car I will be housebound, yet I require injections every 10 weeks at the hospital and on top of that comes doctors appointments, medication changes are now done at the hospital level, not my doctors because of how complex my health really is, and the DWP expects us to live like this!

Personally, I know the DWP is a mess, Universal Credit well that is now on roughly a 17 year roll-out. Okay, some people that are on it already, but 25% of Claiments spend the Housing Benefit! And then the Gov't wonder why so many Landlords are now only accepting Privately Renting from Working People!

As for PIP, I'll be emailing Stephen Crabb MP tomorrow, just hope he answers quicker than my own MP that took 5 weeks to reply!! Even then he evaded the real question I put to him!

All the best,

Les.

• Posted

If you need it they could send a nurse to your home to give your injections. My doctor sent a nurse to take blood and we have phone appointments because he knows it's hard for me to get to the surgery.
    • Posted

What you have to remember Georgia is not all Health Borads or GP Surgery's offer the same services.

• Posted

Hi Georgia,

Long time no speak! I've had the up's and down's, quite a lot lately.

Gawd, you make life sound so easy! lol I wish it was that easy. I can have a Nurse or Doctor call around anytime, like yourself.

But, with Botulinum Toxin injections which I have to have of, each time have to be done by a Neurologist Consultant at an Outpatient Clinic held once per month, when a whole team of Neurologists are on.

There is a reason why they will not do these injections at your home, firstly I have to have 6 each time - these are injected into the neck muscles at the top behind the inner ear, you can hear the fluid being injected because it is thick, and the Neurologist must inject it exactly in the correct area.

There is rare side-effects that can happen with these injections, one is a system-shock, which normally leads on to a seizure - so you're kept in for about 5 minutes after being injected. The other side effect is what puts off many people that have this injection, which is the BoTox runs down the muscle to the throat area, then it is a case of staying in hospital for at least 2 weeks, because your throat muscles nolonger function, therefore you need to be fed via tube for 2 weeks.

There is another option, which I could arrange in advance at my doctors surgery, whereby they will organise transport to the hospital, but you stuck in the hospital for a fair few hours, because of other people that have also arranged transport.

All the best!

Les.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.