Facial hair!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone any tips or advice for how best to deal with facial hair please?  Would hrt help this amongst other things?

At the moment I'm tweezing maybe 10-12 darker hairs out of my chin, but now I'm starting to see a finer pale downy growth around my lower cheeks. 

I have a fear of being unconscious in a hospital bed with husband and visitors watching my beard growing! 😷   I've given my sister instructions to visit with tweezers! 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This is too funny when it shouldn't be. My chin is horrendous. I shave it every other day. If I don't I will have a full beard. The hair is hard and course and brown and grey. I absolutely hate it. Hopefully someone will leave some tips as to how to get rid of it for a longer period of time.
    • Posted

I know I can laugh about until I see myself in a sunlit mirror and wonder if others can see what I see! 🙈
  • Posted

Electrolosis treatments should help. My sister-n-law does it all the time. I'm sure it's pretty expensive and not sure how often you have to do them. I won't spend the money though.

I do have an electric facial hair trimmer and I tweeze too, cause I just don't have the money for Electrolysis treatments.

• Posted

Yes I tried electrolysis many years ago but it is expensive and as hairs are continually renewing or popping up in new places it's an ongoing expense. And I once ended up with a boil from a blocked hair follicle. Ouch. Ironic that as our hair thins on our head it appears on the chin!
  • Posted

Hi there

I must admit I carry a pair of tweezers in my bag as I would have a beard. It's the white ones that are like thistles to remove - you may laugh at this I do or I would cry as I'm 44.

I just put it down to one of those things. Is it a symptom of peri? I would feel better if it was as that would explain a lot of other bizarre emotions - yet the doc looks at me like I don't know my self and I'm talking rubbish- I think they just don't want to do a hormone test despite me asking numerous times. I would love to know the best way to remove unwanted facial hair as chin can get quite sore using tweezers twice a day.

All tweezered out for now

Take care

Keep me posted for possible answers.

Wax strips?

Sazzie42

• Posted

It is one of the symptoms of peri we seem able to laugh about, like you said, or we'd cry.

I nearly cried when my six year old granddaughter said 'ouch Nana you pricked me then' when I kissed her! Oh dear

• Posted

Hi, there are lots of hair removers for the face (google facial hair remover brush-on) which you just literally brush on - leave for 4 minutes or so (test first), scrape off with spatula in box (or an old credit card will do) then rinse. Please don't cut, snip or shave, the hairs go into 'defence mode' and come back stronger and often darker. I do mine every 10 days or so and have no problems with the product or the process, nice and straightforward smile
    • Posted

Thanks, yes I should try that, it should stop that stubbly feeling on my top lip. My mum goes for waxing every 4 week or so but has to let it grow long enough for the wax to grab hold of!
  • Posted

The Remington I light are very good I have one
  • Posted

If you are considering natural alternatives, add drops of pure spearming essential oil and pure lavender essential oil into your face cream/oil/moisturiser and drink several cups of speamint tea daily. Research published showed that drinking this tea helped to reduce mild facial hirsutism in postmenopausal women due to its ability to suppress androgens in the body. 

Other herbs that have similar effect include vitex, black cohosh, saw palmetto. If you decide to support your body with these I just mentioned, it's wise to consult with a professionally trained  herbalsit who can provide you with info, right dosage in a prescritpion.

• Posted

Thank you for that info, I'm ordering the spearmint tea now! And will be looking for the essential oils. Definitely interested in the natural alternatives

Thanks x

• Posted

Hi Maisie I have a few chin hairs started on my 40's. Just about 3 small ones though nothing much yet I shave them off SD well haha
  • Posted

Hi Maisie05, I really laughed when I read your post, we sound like twins ! 😀  for the past  3 years since being peri,  my facial hair has really become a problem. ( on my chin and upper lip ) Everyday I have to pluck dark course hair......if I didn't I'd look like a billy goat !!😂 I'm scared of what would happen if I had some sort of accident that would stop me using my hands and was unable to remove the hair. I'd be totally mortified if my partner and friends saw me turning into a man before their eyes ! I really thought I was the only one who thought this way.  I may take the advice of  Laura-lee and try a hair removing cream.....it's worth a go. It's nice to know I'm not alone 😀
    • Posted

😄 Yes we are silly what makes us worry aren't we! My mum said that when my Gran died and she went to visit her in the Chapel of Rest that she had hair all over her chin and a moustache! Apparently your hair carries on growing after you die. I'm going to write instructions that no one comes to see me after I die.

Love and laughter xx

• Posted

Oh how funny 😀 When I die I don't care what people think ! I can imagine my boys both laughing and saying " I didn't know Mum had a beard ! " 

Men don't have all these worries !

Thanks for making me laugh 🌺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.