Facial hair!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone any tips or advice for how best to deal with facial hair please?  Would hrt help this amongst other things?

At the moment I'm tweezing maybe 10-12 darker hairs out of my chin, but now I'm starting to see a finer pale downy growth around my lower cheeks. 

I have a fear of being unconscious in a hospital bed with husband and visitors watching my beard growing! 😷   I've given my sister instructions to visit with tweezers! 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes! There's a process called dermaplaning, which can be done with an esthetician and even stmulates collagen. However, all it means is dragging a razor down your face which is much easier! (Dont go against the hair, shave downward.) So dont be scard to use a razor. That will get the fuzz taken care of! You'll stil have to pluck the pesky black ones if you so choose. They will stay at bay longer as you're pulling out the entire follicle, but it will grow back. Sadly strange hair growth is part of our aging process. There's also an eyebrow razor you can get called Tinkle for smaller areas and it works above the lip too. A more permanent solution is to get laser hair removal from a board certified dermatologist which is easy, just pricer. 
  • Posted

IPL works and is permanent. But the results depend on your hair colour and skin. You can buy one or get it done at a salon.

Takes a few months though and several sessions.

• Posted

I've had 5 ipl treatments and now have no black hairs coming up anymore (yayyyyy!!!) However it doesn't work on the nasty white ones so I still have to pluck them which is annoying but I am not spending anywhere near the amount of time in front of a mirror anymore. The white ones tend to be less noticeable when they grow back which is good.
  • Posted

Hi Maisie & all the other ladies with this problem! I have had this before peri started, & once a week I use B**TS smooth care facial hair removal cream . I use it on sides of my cheeks, top lip, & all round jaw/ chin going about 2inches down my neck from my chin & jaw. basically i look like santa when i do it!! (so you get the area i do!!) You must not leave it on more than 5mins tops as can leave the odd tiny blister if you do. it starts to tingle when its done but read the instructions before using. you just smooth it on with included spatula, leave it 4 to 5mins max, then take off gently with spatula or tissue. i also usually wipe my face with a luke warm wet flannel after to remove every trace, then use the finishing cream(included) to soothe/hydrate skin afterwards. JOB DONE! I get the odd single hair pop up in between each weekly treatment which i only pluck if it looks obviously visible & wont wait til next treatment. I had waxing on my neck at a beauty salon years ago & it ruined the skin on my neck -left me with chicken like neck in my 30's - SO LADIES PLEASE DON'T WAX YOUR FACE AT HOME OR IN A SALON - facial skin is too delicate & any damage by waxing is irreversible. I have moderately sensitive skin & the cream method suits me fine. if you are going to try it for the first time, i would do a little patch test 1st in the least obvious place you need to use it & do stick to the time it says on leaflet. the odd time i have got a tiny dry patch/blister is if i have guessed the time rather than set my cooker or mobile alarm. i have just dabbed a bit of savlon cream on & it goes away in a day or 2, so do time it. my skin is used to it now & my timing is 5mins- no longer. hope this helps ladies!!xxx
    • Posted

Thank you LooLoo for taking the time to share your tips. I will certainly be trying that out. It is getting to the point now where I struggle to apply foundation evenly on my lower cheeks due to the fine hairs and face powder is a definite No. The powder seems to cling to the hairs.
  • Posted

Forgot to add ladies - after using the wet flannel to wash off every last little trace of the cream, i rinse it under tap & put in the next washload before using that flannel on my face again. xx
  • Posted

Also! the cream i buy from B**ts is in a white box with blue writing. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.