Facial numbness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I keep getting right side face numbness it comes and goes does anyone else get this? Feels as if my face is drooping but it's not!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No i don't, but maybe some do. Have you tried smiling in a mirror and does one side of your mouth droop a little.  When you raise your arms is one weaker and not able to raise as fast as the other or as high.  When you speak a sentence do your words slur or mix up.  Can you stick your tongue out straight.  If any of these are questionable you should get to emerg in case of stroke.  You have only a few hrs after symptoms to get the right medication that limits most of the damage you may get if you are having a stroke.  I hope it isn't, but you never know, and I hope you get some more answers from people who may have these symptoms.  hugs to you!
  • Edited

I get numbness in my right lower jaw, and sometimes underneath my left eye. This is part of fibromyalgia dr told me. You have to be sure especially if it's the left side. As can be symptoms of s possible stroke....I do not want to startle you but best get checked x
    • Posted

Hi all.

Jacqueline26101 is right if u get this on ur left side it could b the start of a stroke and if its the first time yes u should get it check but please dont worry if the docs says its part of fibro they are right its one of my symtoms and it happends more when steessed run down ive been like this for 3yrs.

• Posted

Hi what is yours like? I have had it now on and off for around 6 months and is always worse when I'm stressed and have been clenching my jaw! But always on the right side!

• Posted

Yes mine is on n off. Its always the left side. Its numb n tense abit like when u have then injection when having a tooth out. It starts around the mouth then up towards the eye then all the left side sometimes it gose into a migraine as its so bad. I grit my teeth every night/day as my whole body is tense every day
    • Posted

Yes that sounds like mine, I also get a feeling of fullness like a pressure with it and feels as if my mouth is dropping but it's not! It's such a horrible feeling and quite scary really! It's strange how it only effects one side though isn't it?

• Edited

Yep u got it. It also feels like its puffing out but its not. So dont worry about it its definalty part of the fibro not a stroke mines always the left side and has been for 2yrs n im still here. U have to laugh or u would cry i would anyways i was working 24/7 till i got this n now i cant work n walking with crutchs if im not stuck in bed. And ive just been coming of all meds because of something which is making it worse

#somuchpain

• Edited

It's awful isn't it? I was only diagnosed with fibro 3 weeks ago but have been feeling awful for 2 years now! I have 4 children and find it so hard to cope with it all as well as extreme anxiety!

• Posted

Omg feel sorry for u Kerry...I only have a 6 year old to look after n my 4 year old grandson who comes over quite a lot. I know how tired n drained I can't imagine how u cope with it and four children to care for....what medication are you on? I've noticed the numbness/pain in my right jaw has lessened since I started Amitriptyline especially once the dosage was doubled or maybe just stress easing away too...I still get it but not as often.

• Posted

I wonder if you felt awful after having a child. My symptoms began near the end of pregnancy and for roughly the last year and half I have had Costochondritis which is linked with Fibromyalgia. I've been off work for several weeks due to go back in Monday and I still don't feel great as I've recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure too...falling to bits lol....

• Posted

It's always the right side and has been going on for a while, there is no change in facial muscles etc can still speak, smile etc and have been to the doctors twice and they just brush it off as anxiety!
    • Posted

Well mines is on the right side too n possibly stress with me, did go away slightly but back again cause I have more stress 😳 you take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.