Facial numbness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I keep getting right side face numbness it comes and goes does anyone else get this? Feels as if my face is drooping but it's not!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kerry I've been suffering for about a year now with the feeling of pressure in my face but my doctors always brush it off and say my sinuses are playing up and I'm put on a course of antibiotics but they never seem to clear it. I'm yet to be diagnosed with FM even though I have all the symptoms. If you don't mind me asking how did they find out you had FM X 

• Posted

I was referred to a rheumatologist after seeing a neurologist and all coming back fine! The rheumatologist done blood tests and a scan and they come back normal apart from inflammation in the bursa in my shoulders! He basically said that because all tests were normal and the fact that I have so many other conditions that come into fibro like anxiety,depression,ibs,tmj,insomnia,coeliac that he was able to make the diagnosis!
  • Posted

Hello,

Just happened across this forum as I search for comparisons in my own quest for a diagnosis. I too am having similar symptoms and my new gp has mentioned not only fibromyalgia but tmj and multiple sclerosis. My old gp said

it was likely anxiety. Hence old gp.

I find it interesting that so many agree that fibromyalgia can feel one sided. I asked my gp that very question and he said it would not be.

-Becca

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.