Facial symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have ongoing problems with stiffness in my facial symptoms, which makes chewing difficult, sore jaw muscles, cheeks. Associated with this is stiff, semi numb nose together forehead stiffness. Hope that makes sense. Anyone else experience this?

I must say that some of these symptoms have been there in some form or other for more than 12yrs, although much more severe during the past 18 months

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i have recently experienced facial problems. starts with excruciating pain in my lower right jaw which feels like someone is drilling then spreadsthroughout the right side of my face. if the painkillers dont work i end up completely numb from my ear to nose. my vision blurs and i cant hear.

• Posted

Thank you. I do get the occasional sharp jabby pain in various parts of my face, however I would more describe my symptoms as stiffness and altered sensations. My jaw muscles get fatigued easily and I do get sore in the jaw joint area close to my ears.

• Posted

they are not one of the main symptoms which are

wide spread pain,sensitivity,stiffness,poor sleep,fibro-fog,headaches and I B S.

others at are associated can be,fatigue, concentration,anxeity,depression,morning .stiffness,numbness in your hands arms and feet,also certain

foods can as well like tomatoes,potatoes,eggs,dairy products and caffeine,you can also get muscle cramps lack of energy, if you do get the cramps the best thing to use is tonic water,it was my physio who told me that and it does work.there are so many different things relating to it i had 3 people yesturday with veins but it is not the main cause ,this could be a new one,judith from southport

• Posted

judith we all have different symptoms. Because what is being described is not one of the main symptoms doesn't mean it isn't fibro.

• Posted

there are about 7 main ones which is wide spread pain all

over your body which i had,sensitivity is another one which i have in the uscles ,tendond and joints the next is the stiffness normally in the morning it can take 10 to 15 minutes to get out of bed,then i have trouble then walking,

some times i lose my balance then i have the fatigue numbness in my ands and fingers cramps in the legs,but i have been drinking tonic water which the physio said to use and it works.My fibromyalgia was caused by the death of my mums 3rd cancer been lokking after her for over 23 years,and then i had anxeity and depression which i still have that is how mine started,,but it seems that anything can trigger mine off, judith form southport

• Posted

i don't understand why you keep referring to the main symptoms. all sufferers are familiar with them. This discussion started with a question about facial pain. I'm not sure how helpful it is to say that such pain is not a main symptom and then list those that are . ANY pain is real and devastating whether common or unusual.

• Posted

not many people ave said they have facial pain,but there are new people coming on the site mote than i thought would,not just in the UK but also the USA and there are new people coming on board every dayand they want to know the main symptoms so i tell them,so itwill go to the other people on the site. judith

• Posted

I think you will find Judith that the vast majority of people who are diagnosed with Fibro will look up what that means so will know the main symptoms. The point of forums such as this is to seek and offer support and reassurance from and to fellow sufferers, particularly when they are experiencing non-mainstream symptoms. My facial attacks are excruciating. They may not be common amongst sufferers but are completely debilitating and should not be dismissed, which is what it feels like you are doing.

• Posted

what do you mean by what it feels like you are doing so far i have about 30 on line,and out of 30 there are only 4 people,that is one thing that i have not got,mine started like the proper flu joints,tendons,and muscles all very sore,going hot and cold the legs are weak in the calfs and feet the quads and h/string are very tight numbness and tingling in my hands and fingers and the cramps ,but the physio told me to get tonic water and it works,now i am getting the burning sensations in my muscles then i get the fog-in dropping all sorts of things falling over,plus i also have clonus which oes,nt hep it can also make you make spelling mistakes as well. and bruising. judith

• Posted

I don't think I am going to be able to explain to you what I see as the problem.Might I suggest that you look at the Heading and the original question, and then your response.

I wish you well.

• Posted

so far has i said out of 30 people there are only 4 people with facial problems so i would suggest you talk to them the only facial problem i had was bruising on the face,some have pains in there jaw and headaches but with so many on the group i would put it out to the 4 people that have the facial problems,thank goodness i have,nt got that i have got enough probelems with all my body and my clonus,so if you look on the site it should give you the 4 people who have the problems which i now done have anymore

• Posted

You have entirely missed the point. It is not for you to determine the significance of a sufferer's pain based on the number of responses. WE ARE ALL IN PAIN. Incidentally, 16 replies does not equate to 30 people. I joined this particular discussion because I identified with the SPECIFIC problem that the author raised. You have given answers to questions that were not raised in this discussion. This probably isn't the discussion for you if you're not interested in Charlie's problem. This discussion is about facial pain and again you are trivialising it.

• Posted

NO I AM NOT all i am saying is why you don,t talk to the other 3 people who have problems with there facial problems ,you may have the same problems ,mine was just bruising and scratches,but mine has gone,all over my body

i can take you off the site if you are getting nasty.all i am saying just to talk to the other 3 people who have facial problems this is for people who have fibromyalgia,and there symptoms and what they do how they feel what helps them

what othe symptoms they are getting like mine i have got now 23 the burning has started in my neck and upper arms so i use and ice bag

• Posted

In terms of the face and the head I came across a poster on one of the fibro facebook pages which lists symptoms. The list is huge....the only thing for sure with this is that everyone's condition seems a little different and certainly diffuse. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the thread so far.image

• Posted

Sorry I meant to add in my last post, does anyone suffer from strange altered sensations? In my case my nose becomes tingly, almost numb....it feels like it is throbbing but clearly it is not. These sensations can either develop to or originate to my forehead and temples. Not only odd but scary.

Thanks for listening everyone.

• Posted

had full blood test donefibromyalgia is difficult to diagnose i started with my fingers they looke like they had been in water for a long time,then i had the motelon my feet then nothing for a while,then i started with very bad flu syptoms had no temperture i just monitored mine till xmas,then i went to the gp ,he gave me avery good check up,then i had a full blood count the only thing it showed was that my body was not retaining vitamin DPLUS ALL THE OTHE MEDS I AM ON FOR MENTAL HEALTH mine fibrmyalgia was caused by the deth of my mum having 3 cancers and trying to hold down a full time job doing 47 hours,so i went to my gp and he said because of what i was doing both at home and work,my body was closing down i have 2 friends they both are like me theres has been caused by thyroid problems and the other is with arthrtus in hands and feet so it can strike people in so my ways when i go i am asking them to check for lupus judith from southport

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.