Facial symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have ongoing problems with stiffness in my facial symptoms, which makes chewing difficult, sore jaw muscles, cheeks. Associated with this is stiff, semi numb nose together forehead stiffness. Hope that makes sense. Anyone else experience this?

I must say that some of these symptoms have been there in some form or other for more than 12yrs, although much more severe during the past 18 months

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I suffer from pain in the face and in the jaw. couldn't go to the dentist for a year cause i was afraid to open my mouth... i ate a lot of "easy" foods for a period of time like smoothies, soups, mash potatoes.. and tried to relax the jaw and the face, took magnesium .. it helped a bit but sometimes it comes back. 😕 louise hay says jaw problems come from Anger or Resentment. so try to think about that - can't hurt.

goodluck 😃

• Posted

these are the main symptoms of fibromyalgia they are

1 wide spread pain all over the body

2 sensitivity

3stiffness

4 poor sleep

5 fibro-fog

6 headaches

7 i b s

but also associated with it can be fatigue, concentration,anxeity,depression, morning stiffness,numbness in your hands ,arms and feet,also foods can trigger it off like tomatoes,potatoes,eggs,caffiene, and dairy products.

others can be the neck,cramps in the muscles,tingling muscles burning,going hot and cold,itis not easy to detect,because it it as the same as me and parkinson

• Posted

Thank you. My symptoms seem like a perfect blend, if that is the correct way to put it, of fibro and CFS. I know that is not an unusual situation. I do have widespread pain but it is usually aches and pains, although cramps and numbness are common too. Luckily I have not really suffered from brain fog at all or indeed IBS. Headaches and altered sensations in my head are a feature, indeed they were my presenting symptoms 18 months ago. Sleep continues to be an issue, especially in terms of leg pain.

• Posted

hi Charlie19

i have had fibro for many years and about two years ago my face on the left side had altered sensation, sharp stabbing pain along my trigeminal nerve into my forehead , jaw and cheek the pain is excruciating it is accompanied with tingling, burning and full on numbness. i get pain in the base of my skull and down my neck. i have been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and im now on carbamazapine which is helping alot. but i also get what feels like cramp in my myofofacial sheath its effing painful.

i think fibro is a progressive illness. yes it has main symptoms but not everyone suffers these each person suffers in a very individual way. thats what makes fibro so hard to correctly pin point and cope with.

i believe this discussion group is helpful if we can support each other no matter what symptoms we are suffering. my advice is any new symptoms should be checked out by GP, don't automatically assume FM and share to inform and educate others in the hope it will lessen worry and prompt others to take appropriate action. fibro seems to umbrella a lot of other conditions too. there is some very interesting studies and research going on that i follow on a site called health rising well worth a look.

i hope this has been informative, and i wish you all the best x

• Posted

this fibromyalgia is so diverse some people have facial problems so far that is 4 alot get cramp my physio told me to get just tonic water,and it does help with mine i have weakness in the legs but i am using a leg machine all the muscles and tendons are very tight and sore you can get bruising on your face and hands your body can go from being vry warm to very cold,you can also get that you are dropping things on the floor,or on yourself,yyou can also fall over which i have done outside 3 times,twice at a rugby match and the plyaers picked me up,and the last one was on gravel and grit,and that triggerred off my fibromyalgia,i had it for 12 days i have another illness called clons it can come from your brian or in my case it is coming from the spinal cord. judith from southport

• Posted

Hi Charlie19,

I found your question interesting as i am recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but also have Trigeminal Neuralgia and rheumatoid arthritis. i was just looking online earlier to see if there is a connection between and of them.

I did find a few recent surveys which suggest that there is a connection with facial pain and Fibromyalgia, something to do with neuro transmitters and nerve damage.

i hope this answered some of your question? and certainly something i will be discussing with my neurologist when i next see him.

Sorry if someone had already answered in a similar why. i got bored of reading the squabble conversation above and jumped to the end.

Best of luck in your quest for pain free days.

T

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.