Facial tightness

Posted , 34 users are following.

All,

I know anxiety is said to cause multiple symptoms across the body but I still can't accept it as being solely at the root of the issues I have.

For seven weeks I have had a facial tightness on the left side of my face. It's not severe, just a feeling that my skin is a bit stiff, as if glue has dried there. I had the exact same issue last Christmas and it went away.

This is a particularly stressful time of year for me but I don't understand how anxiety can affect one side only and how it can persist for weeks? Has anyone else experienced this?

4 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

did you manage to find out how to treat the condition

• Posted

Hi, thank you so much for this post! I am experiencing the same thing. I've been really stressed for a while now, and the past few days the left side of my face around my eye/cheek and a bit of my jaw has been tight/it feels like there's pressure behind it, or like I just need to stretch it out. It comes and goes, and now that I think about it, it's pretty in sync with when I've been the most stressed. I genuinely don't understand it and honestly thought I was having a stroke or the onset of Bells Palsy (being stressed definitely spikes my anxiety about health issues). So does anyone know what it's actually from? Or what to do about it?

• Posted

For the past few week, I have been this condition, a feeling of tightness in my face.It feels like my nose is being squeezed when it happens.Relief from this feeling often comes when I am relaxed or lying flat on my bed.I am just 20 what happen to me

• Posted

For the past few week, I have been this condition, a feeling of tightness in my face.It feels like my nose is being squeezed when it happens.Relief from this feeling often comes when I am relaxed or lying flat on my bed.I am just 20 what happen to me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.