Failed

Posted , 14 users are following.

Sorry not been in touch but I've failed. Looking back is a full time job..re posts. I'm ruined now

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I fail every day, as most people do. It is 100% not a reason to give up. 

We dust ourselves down and get back up. 

I'm a relative newbie here (4mths) but I'm already aware that people like you help others like me more than you could ever know. 

• Posted

As I always say (and believe strongly), there is nobody here that has failed, just some who haven't succeeded YET! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
  • Posted

I agree with Paul, you just haven't succeeded yet. I can't be 100% sure obviously, but the majority on this forum seem to be finding a cure or a way to be able to drink 'normally' again without any face to face personal interaction with other addicts. Maybe some meet, I don't know.

No smiles, no hugs, no back slapping hand shaking and not seeing first hand the joys of success in peoples faces. Just ink on paper. For some, It's just like being alone with drink - fighting it all day with no real companionship. Better than nothing but it's not the best in my opinion.

Many friends here with great words of wisdom and years of advice to ampart - but how many get to meet and really talk and listen to each other?

It's like going round the world on google earth but never having been anywhere.

You're not ruined, you just haven't found the answer yet. When I found my answer, I was off like a steam train - a whole new and much better life but some have pooh, poohed' it so I don't talk about it. 21+ years of sobriety with no medication and no fairy stories after having had one foot in the grave.

Whatever you're doing isn't working......... not yet maybe or you're doing it wrong.

All the best, try to be positive and your day will come. 

• Posted

We all see things differently and we all have our preferences. Personally, I've had far more help and advice since joining this forum than years of going backwards and forwards seeing 'so called professional experts' .

What I've found invaluable is the non judgemental attitude of forum members. For the first time I'm not looked down on or made to feel abnormal. Yes I talk to other people, close friends about problems I have had over the years. To be honest and I know my friends mean well, unless they've experienced how alcohol can alter peoples' lives, they don't really understand.

So whilst I don't see forum members face to face, I feel I can talk about anything and with people who fully empathise with each other and offer first hand experience.

youve done amazingly well, 21 years sober and no medication is a brilliant achievement. Congratulations, how ever way you achieved sobriety, well done

• Posted

I second all that you said, Vickylou.  Thank you for putting it into words better than I could.
    • Posted

"so I don't talk about it. 21+ years of sobriety with no medication and no fairy stories after having had one foot in the grave."

So what fairy stories is that Colin, I've never seen any here?

• Posted

It was a non judgemental comment; I hope everyone achieves what they want, the way they want to.

Thank you and best wishes. 

• Posted

Hi patricia, to make things clear, to some, I didn't mention in my post the route I took; I mentioned my years of sobriety - whatever path people use to take is their business; I'm surely entitled to my opinion (as you are yours) voiced without judgement or criticism of others. 

Regards.

• Posted

I could easily have taken 'fairy stories' as judgemental, only because it sounds like people are making up their problems with alcohol.

i haven't read any posts poo pooing your recovery and how you achieved it. I'm curious about how you got there. I certainly don't get the message that most people on this forum have found a cure, or way to deal with their drinking.

The words of wisdom and kindness from Robin and the more practical views from RHGB are the only ones I can think of. The rest of us struggle, the majority on a daily basis

• Posted

Hi, 

If you read my post again, you will see that I was talking about myself when I mentioned 'fairy stories'. Part of the same paragraph with no-one else mentioned and no inferences about anyone else.

Regards

• Posted

Hi vickylou,

I think you have stated, really well, what some people on this Forum think.

I started it, then panic set in. I started it, again... then panic set in.

This is my third go on the Forum.  I find it really hard to do "face to face" about my A.U.D. ...I learned that term on here... Alcohol Use Disorder.

I just love having this Forum : to learn from others, to empathise, to connect with others, to offer helpful advice.  This Forum is a big LIFELINE to me.

I am so grateful for the help and support from other members.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, Colin.  I neither judged nor criticised you.  All I said in my post was that I agreed with Vickylou.  You are a brilliant contributor to this forum and I would never, ever think anything else about you.

Pat.

• Posted

I'm trying to understand this "cryptic" message to colin..lol.

​Are you saying....he mentioned 21 years of sobriety with no medication.  And that you have not seen how he achieved that because he has not typed out his story? 

​I have learned his story thru bits and pieces of his replies to posts.  Much the same as ours...probably had one foot in the grave at one point. Its hard to keep up with this board....the notification part of the board..gives us notifications from every person that we ever replied to a post...and even if you haven't replied to another post from that person for months.

​What I am saying is....if it is a colin story you are missing..its probably because the board is not very good at giving notifications.  I wish it would only give notifications on the stories and posts that I have participated in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.