Fainting

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi again 

Does anyone else have the symptom of feeling faint with their CFS ? And have you actually fainting ?

I constantly have a faint type feeling and I’m worried one day I’m going to faint . 

Any tips to help with this symptom ?

Many thanks again

Cath 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I have had this feeling. Almost like I start feeling hot all over and feel like I am going to faint. I have never fainted, just that weird scary feeling. It lasted a few months and then all of a sudden it was gone. No tips on how to deal with it because I was trying everything and nothing helped.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply

I get the faint feeling most days but some days are more overwhelming than others .

Just curious whether anyone’s actually fainted rather than just feeling faint .

I hope you feel better soon . 

• Posted

Hi Cath,

Feel faint constantly but don't believe I've fainted.

Tips: do less as it's your system telling you you are doing or have done too much.

Beverley

• Posted

I’m in the middle of moving houses so it’s really hard as I can’t rest as much as I’d like sad

Hoping for a better day tomorrow 

• Posted

Oh no! Well maybe make yourself a rest and activity chart. Allow yourself a good period of rest after doing some packing. Try to get help as well, the more the merrier! Heavy lifting uses more energy so minimise anything that will mean longer recovering. Also, plan to rest when you get to your new home. Unpack the essentials and again enlist as many people as you can to help. Good luck with the move !

Beverley

• Posted

This is one of my main symptoms. I'm so terrified of fainting that I have never *actually* fainted in my life - I can get really close, like losing vision, hearing, going numb etc but I will battle against it as hard as I can because I'm so scared of losing control. I thrash my arms and legs, dig my nails into my skin etc to try and stay conscious. Not suggesting you do this as I don't think it's healthy! But it's why I've never actually fainted.

It seems like low blood pressure is common with CFS. Has your doctor checked this? Staying hydrated will help, as will eating salty things. Sometimes sugar helps too but if you have too much it can actually make things worse.

As another commenter in this thread says, feeling faint is your body's way of trying to shut down so it can get some rest, but you can't always do that unfortunately. I know how hard it is moving house with CFS. I hope you can catch up on lots of rest once it's all over smile

• Posted

I keep trying to tell myself over and over again I won’t faint even though it feels like I’m about to collapse . It gives me major anxiety if I’m outside or driving . I really don’t feel good today. Can barely stand up and had to eat laying down

I’ve had my blood pressure taken a few times over the past 5 months and it always comes back as normal .

I try and eat if I feel faint . Although it doesn’t really help I’ve tried to convince myself it does just so I feel a bit better about the situation .

I’ll try and rest as much as I can for the rest of the day now 

• Posted

I have same problem with feeling faint. Legs feel like jello. I have been diagnosed with  orthostatic intolerance. When they would check my blood pressure it was always a little low but then I asked them to check it after I stood for a couple of minutes and it drastically dropped. It is very difficult for me to do anything like shopping or just walking slow things like that. It’s easier for me to walk a mile at a brisk pace date is for me to walk one block at a slow pace 
  • Posted

I am dizzy most of the time and if i go out and walk somewhere it gets worse and my vision gets blured. Never fainted though.
    • Posted

Not for dizzyness no, I went to my doctor about it, she gave me a steroid nasal spray. That didnt help, so had blood tests now i am waiting for her to get me into an ME clinic. Over 3 years with the illness and olnly now i get sent to an ME clinic. I asked my local pharmacy about meds for dizzyness and they recomended something but i never took it.
    • Posted

I found betahistine helped with dizziness and feeling faint, but the doc said i shouldn't take it for more than a month because it would lose its effectiveness. I've had CFS for 30 years to different degrees and i've tried most things during that time! I think Evening Primrose Oil is helping me so i've kept on taking that.

• Posted

I already take primrose oil for another issue but I can’t see any difference taking it for my CFS symptoms .

I’m really depressed as I feel so terrible everyday I don’t know how I’m gonna cope as this is a long term Illness . My life has been turned upside down and I don’t know who I am anymore sad 

• Posted

Perhaps you need to get your depression treated. I have had many phases of depression so i do know how horrible it is and how it makes everything feel 100 times worse. I'm on 2 different antidepressants and that's helped with the depression. CFS isn't always long term, i guess i've just been unlucky but i've had better phases. I worked part-time for 6 years, but i'm retired now.

• Posted

I’ve been and off medication for depressed for the past 20 years so my depression is being treated. I just feel a whole lot worse as I’m not coping very well . 

I couldn’t imagine working feeling like this . I could barely walk yesterday 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.