Fairly large freckles appeared on my breast

Posted , 5 users are following.

about a week and a half ago these large freckles appeared on my left breast. honestly thought they were chocolate stains until i realized today they were still there and i had showered plenty since then. they are peeling a bit and feel rough. I feel no lumps but I am still worried that it could be cancer. Any thought? image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Tjb,

Without a history and physical exam, it is difficult to say for certain, but they look like seborrhea keratosis. As they came on suddenly, yes, I would see your gynecologist, ask for a breast exam, and DIAGNOSTIC 3-D DIGITAL MAMMOGRAMS BILATERALLY. It is important to go to a place that offers 3-D DIGITAL MAMMOGRAMS.

As I don't know your family history of cancer, or breast cancer, nor your age, I cant begin to tell you if this is significant for you.

However, as a family nurse practitioner for over 20 years and RN for over 47 years, the adage, when in doubt, check it out, applies here. I used to perform a lot of breast exams as part of my employment, and find breast cancer. I would diligently order the appropriate imaging and biopsies. I saved lives.

My twin and I developed many seborrhea keratosis on our scalps suddenly (acutely) before we were diagnosed with breast cancer.

My mother developed a huge number ofseborrhea keratosis on her back before she was diagnosed with lung cancer.

It is called the sign of Leser Trelat. Most physicians are not aware of it.

My twin and I were diagnosed in 2015 and are doing well as it was caught early.

Our prognosis is excellent!

Please feel free to write if you have any more questions!

Best Regards,

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Merry Juliana,

thank you so much for the reply, i am 25 years old and although many other types have tore through my family (liver, pancreatic and lung) none that i can recall or was made aware of had breast cancer. im hoping its nothing to worry about as i found 2 small ones on my stomach as well. i called my OBGYN today and as of right now its been 4 hours since the nurse told me she would pass it along to my doctor to see what she said. I can inly imaginr she is incredibly busy. I confided in Dr. Google last night and of course all i got were scary answers. Thank you so much i am glad to hear you and your twin are doing well.

• Edited

Any odd symptoms on your breast should be checked out by a professional. Totally agree with Merry....."when in doubt, check it out".

Dont automatically assume we are saying its cancer related because we are notIts just common sense.

• Posted

TJB,

Please know that I am not saying it is cancer. I am stating, just check things out.

Wishing you all the best, and stay healthy during this pandemic!

I have learned not to worry about issues you have no control. The stress is never worth it.

Best Regards

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Its not cancer. Its normal to have abnormalities on your breasts, it maybe something that you might have to live with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.