Falling apart.

Posted , 13 users are following.

Does anyone see a light at the end of the tunnel with this peri and menopause? I feel like I am falling apart. My head hurts, I stay bloated when I eat anything, my anxiety seems to come out of nowhere. I haven't had a regular period for several months, just spotting. I think I would feel better if I had a normal period. I get aggravated and stressed out too easily. I am probably driving my husband and son crazy. I have no desire to go anywhere or do anything. I can't even drive right now, for fear that I will have a panic attack. I think I am going through a bout of depression, but I know that will pass. I have gained weight in my stomach and it is killing me because I was always used to being thin. I look horrible in my clothes, and it seems that I just stay hungry all of the time like some kind of ravenous wolf. Oh my! I don't even feel like a woman anymore, just a big blob of craziness. Out of the 66 symptoms of menopause, I have literally had everyone, right down to the itchy nipples. I have complained so much on here that I get tired of hearing myself complaining. I try my best to act like nothing is wrong, but on the inside I feel like I am falling apart. My home life is good. I have a wonderful and understanding husband, great kids, and an awesome Church family. I am blessed beyond measure. I may not have everything I want, but I do have everything I need, so why do I feel so bad when there are people out there who are in so much worse shape than I am? Any suggestions about how to get myself back on track and how to lose some weight would be greatly appreciated. I can't take hrt because of my fibroids. Hugs and love to all of you ladies who feel like they are falling apart too. It has to get better eventually. Kudos to all the ladies out there who breezed through menopause because I would not wish this mess on anyone.

7 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That's another thing. I get these itchy red bumps and psoriasis in spots. Seems like it takes forever for them to go away. I am always scratching somewhere or another. The other day my nipples and vagina were both itching. Lol had to send my husband to the store to get some vagisil. It helped and now the itching is gone. I was telling my daughter about it and she thought it was hilarious because I told her I was going to just take my itchy nipples and vagina and give up and go watch a movie. She said she sure hopes she never has to go through that. I have 2 Sisters and they never went through anything like this. Guess I am the lucky one. It honestly seems like I was fine and healthy one day, then bam the very next day I was falling apart. And, the icing on the cake is that my hair is thinning on my head, but growing on my face. I am forever plucking and doing hair maintenance. I used to have really nice eyebrows, now they look like someone has stuck 2 big caterpillars on my forehead. Pluck, pluck, pluck. I also wouldn't mind the hot flashes so much if they burned off some of this belly fat. Anyway, I sure hope today is a better day for all of us ladies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.