Familar Surroundings

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

Does anyone else get paniky and anxious when going out of their familar surroundings? After being diagnosed in November with large PE in both lungs I have been trying to go out and about a little and recently been wanting to go further than the village we live in, however once we get out of familar surroundings I can feel myself getting anxious and just wanting to get home.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Debbie, yes I do too, and like you I had massive clots in both lungs ! It's scary the thought of it happening again! My main problem is the breathlessness and chronic fatigue .. it's so depressing. I hope you get better with time .. mine was a year ago!!

• Posted

Hi Cocohanel2910

I get the feelings of chest heaviness, a bit breathless, rapid heartbeats and just feel horrible, it is really frustrating.

I hope you are get better too, they say it can take ages to feel 'normal!'

• Posted

I feel as though I'm going to be like this forever .. my life has changed dramatically.. it doesn't matter how much rest I get I still feel tired and out of breath even after short walks ... 

• Posted

I totally understand how you feel. I used to love going out walking and cycling, now I hardly go out and feel like I am never going to get back to something how I used to be.

I have another CT scan this Friday to see if the clots have dispersed at all and I am getting pretty nervous about it, I want it to be good news but the way I feel at times makes me think otherwise.

Just have to try and keep positive smile

• Posted

hi Debbie I hope they've gone .. mine have so I can't understand why I'm like this ... fingers crossed for you and all the people like us ..

• Posted

Hi Cocochanel

Thank you smile

I am so happy for you that your clots have gone, it could be because your body has gone through a major trauma and it does take time to heal both physically and emotionally. I am sure that given time you will be back to your normal self.

Take care x

• Posted

No, I think I will be on them long term
  • Posted

Hi Debbie. yes me too. Catch the bus instead of walking. Scared I might get ill somewhere. Tend not to go out if in doubt. Frustrated. Mine was diagnosed in august but had felt bad for a few months before. Bad pain either side of back when walking after just short distance and breathless. where is your pain or discomfort.? x
    • Posted

Hi Lizzie

I was diagnosed in November but had ben feeling bad for about a month before and was getting worse, kept getting told it was viral or anticbacterial before finally being diagnosed.

Now I get feelings of rapid heartbeats, a little breathlessness, and generally felling horrible, this also comes on when I am at home and for no apparent reason

• Posted

I get that way sometimes. I dont live that far from a hospital so when i go somwhere where there is not one i get anxious.
  • Posted

I am planning a vacation with the boyfriend and a couple friends next month and am a little cautious being so far from home but remembering to pack all my meds and inhalers and I know I c go to any dr any hospital because my insurance is awesome helps.
  • Posted

My bilateral p.e's were three years ago. Been on warfarin since then but have developed anxiety too about things which didnt bother me before.  I am considering apixaban as dr says i wont need inr checks.  I am looking for anyone with experience.

• Posted

hi Ann. I chose Apixaban when the doctors said I would not have to attend check ups regularly. It has worked well for me. Been on it for 7 months now.
    • Posted

My rivaroxaban there are no one check ups either but I still worry because I have had bariatric surgery and don't absorb medications normally. That's why I have to take 3 vitamins a day 7calcium pills, b-12 shots, 100,000 units of vit D a week. Yet the Dr is sure the 1 20 mg pill is absorbing correctly. I don't absorb vitamins from my foods I eat just the calories. My iron is low.

Forgive me Doc if I just don't trust you.

• Posted

I agree with you. it is so hard to trust someone when your body and instinct is telling you something else. Enjoy your vacation 🌴. x

• Posted

Thanks for your input.

i have read a lot of bad reports about these new thinners and at present am of a mind to stay on warfarin. You are right, dont trust drs as they have messed me up too much over trying out meds and making me worse

• Posted

Hi Ann

I am Apixaban twice a day and have been since being diagnosed in November.

It seems to be working well and I have not had any side effects.

I am suffering with anxiety too and it is difficult when your body is going through these problems and trying to cope and recover.

Take care x

• Posted

Well thats decision made, started apixaban last week. See how it goes. Meantime caught a cold virus so no energy. Is it the med change or the virus making me feel so tired out.  Th anxiety is still,there so i really agree with you it is difficult to cope when going through all this.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.