Fast heart rate on standing and walking around

Posted , 8 users are following.

so along with all my other physical symptoms i have noticed i feel horrendous the minute i stand up and walk around. i have not been out of the house because of the virus and lockdown for 10 weeks but also because i am struggling to do even the simplest of things like tidying up or walking around the house without feeling dizzy, like im going to faint, shakiness. i have low iron which maybe doesnt help but my heart rate spikes the minute i stand up and do any form of exertion. it spikes after food too and ive just read that this could be symptoms of POTS. so now im worried. my resting heart rate was 70bpm laying down and went to 109 upon standing. is this normal?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

mine is the same when i stand up .I am doing a tilt table test next week . Ive thought pots as well . I dont think its normal but its also not the worst . Pots usually is 130 plus when standing . I cant do daily activites either . Im trying to make it to the grocery store today and then keep my kids entertained . Im going to push through today . Im always worried about passing out. Im going to see if I push myself if I actually pass out or if its the anxiety. Im going to put myself in an uncomfortable way today . Have you ever actually passed out?? Our fears amplify our symptoms, I promise you that .

• Edited

melissa we are living the same life. I feel the same way . We can get through this . I promise . Hang in there ok! You can always reach out if you have any questions or concerns Ill be honest!

• Posted

no ive never passed out before but its the one thing i fear. all day though ive been monitoring my heart and it shoots through the roof when i walk around and my partners doesnt so im getting all worked up about it now thinking its got to be POTS. does your doc think that is what is causing your symptoms? i was only washing dishes before and it was 113

• Edited

I was trying to attach my heart rate rating to this post so you could see mine . I went to grocery store and walking around it got up to 115 which is good for me normally its 140. Just putting away groceries it got to 126. I have days where just walking uo the stairs its 135 then I panic and it gets to 170, and I almost pass out. Ive been thinking mine is a mix of low iron , low blood pressure and pots as well . Make sure you are drinking a ton of water and eating light small meals all day . I feel better when I do this . look at my pictures below . This is two different days . Today is the good day . The other day not so much . My pulse is high ! Also everything has come back normal . If this doesnt make you feel better 😃) I dont know what will .

• Posted

what i go through everyday, my dr told me is because maybe you get up too fast and your blood pressure can drop which may cause your blood to pump more and force your heart rate up, low iron could be the cause and anxiety as well, try doing things slow.

• Posted

ive been trying that and getting up slow. i just walked the bathroom and it went to 133 . worried now

• Posted

if your concerned go to dr and speak with them but this sounds like anxiety, have u take anything for iron? do u drink alot of water, do u know if u have any sinus issue or ear problem? your not alone this is me 24/7 and most the time i just dont get up off the couch just cause i dont like the feeling

• Posted

also try to not pay too much attention to your heart rate because if u do then trust me it makes anxiety worst

• Posted

yes i take liquid iron but apparently it is normal again too. if i knew that it was normal for your heart rate to go this high when standing i would be ok but most things suggest its not, thats why i worry

• Posted

hey Melissa your not alone

i feel the same. i think with being stuck at home and falling out of a daily routine really messes with out minds.

one minute ill feel fine then the next ill get a sudden rush of weakness and shaky legs and lightheadedness

in the past ive had multiple ecg's chest xrays

echocardigram and a 24hr monitor

everything came back fine

please keep us updated

remember your not alone

• Posted

hey Melissa your not alone

i feel the same. i think with being stuck at home and falling out of a daily routine really messes with out minds.

one minute ill feel fine then the next ill get a sudden rush of weakness and shaky legs and lightheadedness

in the past ive had multiple ecg's chest xrays

echocardigram and a 24hr monitor

everything came back fine

please keep us updated

remember your not alone

• Posted

its just scaring the hell out of me at the minute. ive woke up this morning and walked the bathroom and it went to 151. surely this is abnormal. i genuinely feel like im dying and i dont know whats wrong with me

• Posted

can anxiety cause this?

I have noticed I have palpitations and feel weak and shakey a lot of the time especially when I eat it seems to get a lot worse. my heart rate doesn't go up too far but I can feel it pounding in my chest everytime I get up or eat.

this morning my heart rate was 150 when I got up. I do feel a lot more anxious in the mornings though. are anxiety and this related? image

I haven't checked my blood pressure too often but this is mine

• Posted

well thats what im wanting to find out too because im having CBT treatment at the moment for health anxiety so i dont know whether anxiety can make it do that just by walking around or whether it means its POTS straight away because it says the rule is that your heart rate must increase by 30 beats or more upon standing or over 120bpm and mine definitely does that

• Posted

Are you working out with those numbers ? It says cardio ? My numbers are high all the time . when yours increase do you get sumptoms ?

• Posted

no that's when I wake up in the morning x and it's pretty much constant throughout the day. then it spikes again when I eat something and I get shakey and a headache when i eat too. I'm not really sure whsts going on tbh x

how long have you been suffering with your symptoms now? I'm not sure if it is anxiety or not as mine only started when my antidepressants stopped working for me.

• Posted

yours sounds like withdrawls . How long have you been off your meds ?? also could very much be anxiety. Thats pretty high though . Do some yoga or meditation . Mine is 100-110 while walking around my house . Chores take me to 130. Oddly enough mine went up to 130 driving yesterday . driving stresses me out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.