Fast heart rate on standing and walking around

Posted , 8 users are following.

so along with all my other physical symptoms i have noticed i feel horrendous the minute i stand up and walk around. i have not been out of the house because of the virus and lockdown for 10 weeks but also because i am struggling to do even the simplest of things like tidying up or walking around the house without feeling dizzy, like im going to faint, shakiness. i have low iron which maybe doesnt help but my heart rate spikes the minute i stand up and do any form of exertion. it spikes after food too and ive just read that this could be symptoms of POTS. so now im worried. my resting heart rate was 70bpm laying down and went to 109 upon standing. is this normal?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your heart rate will go up when moving versus sitting still. I would call my GP. You want to be safe when it comes to matters of the heart. So i would call and get checked out, first and then worry about other things if the doctor says everything is fine. Also, stay away from sugar and caffeine as they can increase your heart rate. But go get checked out first and go from there.

• Posted

hi david, id never noticed until i put the watch on. last year i had a 24 hour holter monitor and they didnt say anything was wrong so unless something has gone wrong since then i dont know. when i was at the GP surgery last week she listened to my heart and done my blood pressure and they must have been ok as she didnt say they wasnt. i dont know if thats enough though to say my heart is ok

• Posted

i was was experiencing similar symptoms. i was just stuck at home too due to covid alone and twice i felt dizzy like wanting to faint when i stood up my heart would beat fast then suddenly slow down. o ended up in ER because i felt horrible. chest xray and ekg came back normal only had low potassium. i went for more blood work & urine test still havent gotten results back. my family thinks its due to my anxiety and doctor said many ppl are experiencing heart palpitations due to covid. you should go get checked but maybe theyre right and its due to anxiety. i been going for walks at night or to my cousins house since she doesnt go out either and honeslty i have been feeling better. best of luck if u need someone talk to message me .

• Edited

i was was experiencing similar symptoms. i was just stuck at home too due to covid alone and twice i felt dizzy like wanting to faint when i stood up my heart would beat fast then suddenly slow down. o ended up in ER because i felt horrible. chest xray and ekg came back normal only had low potassium. i went for more blood work & urine test still havent gotten results back. my family thinks its due to my anxiety and doctor said many ppl are experiencing heart palpitations due to covid. you should go get checked but maybe theyre right and its due to anxiety. i been going for walks at night or to my cousins house since she doesnt go out either and honeslty i have been feeling better. best of luck if u need someone talk to message me .

• Edited

thanks erika, yes i do suspect it is down to anxiety. im not really fit either as i work at my desk all day, i dont exercise and i drive everywhere so again thats probably to blame for faster heart rate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.