Fast heart rate which wakes me up from sleep? Anyone else have this?

Posted , 8 users are following.

once a week my heart will race and wake me up just as ive fallen asleep 120-150 beats but will calm quickly. What does this mean? how can i stop it happening?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Margaret, thanks for your support. Yes, keep calm Amy!

You can achieve this state much better if your doctor has told you there is nothing to worry about having done the tests, or if there is something that needs fixing to put you on the appropriate medical path.

But that first step is to consult a Doctor.

• Posted

My heart races when I start falling asleep - it is triggered by exercise, everytime I exercise it will happen duing the night, heart rate goes up to about 113 then wakes me up sweating. If I don't exercise during the day it doesn't happen. My heart rate on the treadmill is only about 95 walking.

My guess is an electrical problem, I am 55 it started happening about 2 years ago but has gotten worse lately.

• Posted

Hi what have you done to help yours? is it dangerous?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.