Fatigue?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I know that fatigue comes with RA and I have had fatigue associated with mine. But in the last 3 weeks I have been way more fatigued than usual. When I wake up in the morning I take my daughter to school come home eat breakfast then sleep till 1130 get ready for work work 1 to 530 come home fix dinner shower and bath for her and me then in bed my 9. This is my routine for the last 3 weeks and still tired all the time. Any ideas on why the fatigue is getting worse? TIA

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I understand all about the fatigue. When I have a flare the old fatigue comes back. 

One thing that can help is to take a pain killer before bedtime. Ask the rheumy which one is safe for you.....depends on the meds you are on. This helps me relax enough to go to sleep. 

My doctor put me on a muscle relaxer....what a mistake. I was a zombie until 1PM after taking half a pill before bed. 

Here's hoping for the best for you....

• Posted

I am on a pain killer now because I suffer from chronic pain.  I am just really tired all the time and it gets pretty depressing.  I had a sleep study done in hopes of figuring out what is going on.  Can I ask what some of you are taking for your RA?   Just tired of being tired
    • Posted

Fatigue is an integral part of almost all autoimmune disorders - and the medication you take for most autoimmune illnesses doesn't change that part, the part of your immune system attacking your body, they manage the symptoms and damp down the autoimmune part but usually not entirely.

Fatigue in autoimmune illness has to be managed by you making lifestyle changes and resting appropriately. It's hard - but that is the way it is.

At the end of the post this link takes you to are liks to info about pacing:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pmr-gca-website-addresses-and-resources-35316

The fatigue will get more during a flare - and, unfortunately, there is nothing to prevent you developing another autoimmune disorder so if the faitgue symptom gets worse someetimes it may need more medication to calm a possible flare down or to identfy other problems. You need to speak to your rheumy.

• Posted

Thanks for the warning. I take pain killers only if I really cannot stand the pain. I value my liver. And I value my sleep. My rheumatologist told me I could only use tylenol because I occasionally use meloxicam. The tylenol is like taking candy.....no help at all. So I very rarely use another popular preparation and that does the trick.
    • Posted

I know you are probably going to think I am a wimp but I have had two back surgerys and knee surgery and I am in pain all the time.  I know all of that has to do with my sleep as well.  I don't know just having a bad bad day..sorry..

• Posted

I was suffering from fatigue recently and I found out my calcium level was high. I stopped taking my calcium supplements and within a week I was feeling better. I never would have suspected that. Apparently it threw my whole body out of whack.

• Posted

Hi, I started taking Oriencia about 3 months ago and I have noticed that I have less energy then when I was on Remicade.  I toss and turn all night and sometime I don't get up until 11:00 am. This is very unusual for me my family likes to call me the "energized bunny"  not any more, it's difficult to even go for walks.  Before Oriencia I could run circles around my husband and now all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch tv.  I wonder if the dose of Oriencia isn't too strong?  Last infusion I had I just felt bad and had no energy at all for 2 days.  I get a treatment next week and will ask what my dose is and then talk with my doctor, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.