Fatique

Posted , 12 users are following.

Having a shower leaves me wiped out, I have to rest after having a shower. 

Does showering leave you fatiqued, and having to rest after a shower. gentle hugs to all xxxxx 

6 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I get like this a lot I have to rest before I can get somtimes it's so knackering some days never new how bad by fibro till I take a shower or even have a bath gentle hugs sent your way x
    • Posted

looks well when showering and having abath can leave you totally whacked out. Thats fibro for you anything we do it loves biting back. take care gentle hugs x
  • Posted

Hi Kaz..Yes just had a shower and it has exhausted me completely. Hope you are feeling better.smile
    • Posted

I think exhaustion is worse than the pain that goes along with Fibro...I can't do a thing without having to lie down....I thought it was just me until I found this forum...Thank you eall for letting me know that I'm not alone...If I didn't live in the USA I would suggest we all get together afor a support group...lol...
    • Posted

Hello Carole28488

You are not alone. I, in the last 10 months have to lie down in the afternoon as I am so exhausted..form doing nothing..and I feel so guilty about it too..

• Posted

I so agree Carole.  The pain is hell sometimes but even in pain I can at least keep doing things.  Being so wiped out after doing very little is unbelievably upsetting.  I guess when I'm pain that adds to the exhaustion - I remember when I used to get tooth abcess pain many years ago how it brought on fatigue. Double whammy eh, we're exhausted from the continual pain then we're exhausted just by having fibro anyway.  My doctor tried telling me it may be 'just' depression.  I could have swung for her - I ended up asking her if SHE wouldn't be depressed if every day she woke up hurting to hell and back and evening fixing a sandwich was like climbing everest.  If I wasn't fed up with that situation, I'd need psychiatric analysis for being an obsessive optimist!!
    • Posted

HI Anne120284 I have to rest after my shower it just exhausts me having one. spoke to gp this morning I have aslipped disc, hes giving me something to help with pain and relax the muscels to give some mobility, as having to be wheelchaired to the bathroom. Hopeing it rights itself soon take care x
    • Posted

hi Carol28488 It would be great if we could all meet up start our own support group. Pity we are all over the world still we can all support each other on the forum. take care gentle hugs 
  • Posted

Yes, a shower wipes me out also! Have to plan when I have one, not the morning if I want to get anything else done. As so many people have said, it's the wave of fatigue that rushes over you, often more so than the pain! Pacing and planning are what I do, helps me to cope a little better.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

I find the fatique worse than the pain,I am going to start having shower on a nightime so I can just fall into bed.As having it in a morning wipes me out so much I cant do anything. Paceing ourselves is a must as over do it and fibro fights back hard.Take care Kaz 40 
    • Posted

Yay..it tuckers me right out..makes me go to sleep quick too..be blessed:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Kaz, almost every day. Seems like getting up is leaving me fatigued 😕 

Still no reason to stay in bed though. 

Onwards and upwards, putting one foot in front of the other. 

Take care and gentle hugs xx

• Posted

hi lisa52101 I always have to have a lie down after my shower. If I shower before bed I just get straight into bed. onwards upwards plod on take care gentle hugs xx
  • Posted

Always..I have mine just before bed..such a tiring but necessary ordeal..:-) xx
    • Posted

morning christine How are you today? hope you slept well. Dr has just rung me it is a slipped disc he is going to prescribe me some diazapan to help with the pain and ro help give some movement. Im to ring back in 2 days time if thinks worsen. Pain yesterday was excrusiating and left me in tears. Feeling pretty fed up down at min I hate being in bed. It sinshinning here its 10.20 am. Hope you have a lovely day take care gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

showering leaves me absolutly done in have to have alie down.straight after it. If I shower on a night time I just get straight into bed after it. gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Poor you precious...at least you should get some relief now from those meds..they relax the muscle really good...gentle hugs to you from over the seas..be blessed ..have a great day..mine is at an end niw....lovely sunny day too...:-) xxx
    • Posted

oh poor you Kaz, on top of everything else a slipped disc is such a painful problem.  I hope the meds kick in soon for you.  Have a try at listening to some meditation (you can find guided meditation and mindfulness for example on you tube etc).  It really can help with severe pain.  Big soft hug xx
    • Posted

Thank you loxiesmile xx I will take a look on you tube thank you for that.xx Big hug from me to you x
    • Posted

Slept well last night...thanks Kaz..hope your back is getting better....grandson has arrived for our big day out..yay...lovely winters day here...my first day out in a while...since anniversary dinner...have a lovely day Kaz..hope the Valium is doing it's trick on your back..be blessed :-) xxx
    • Posted

morning Christine pleased to hear you slept well hun. Have a great day out with your grandson have fun. My back not good and mobility very poor never mind it will sort itself out. Have a lovely day day today tale care gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

Have had a lovely day today...beautiful weather....lovely day with gorgeous grandson too...hope your back is on the mend..those tablets should really relax your muscles around the slipped disc...cannot believe hiw  much you have to go through..grr...staying positive is just sooo hard sometimes...am having an early night, soon..it's 7.05 pm here..shower soon.I always get pleasantly exhausted whenever we have Noah..they grow up tooooo quickly..be blessed Kaz...have a lovely back pain free day..:-) xxx 
    • Posted

Pleased to hear youve had a lovely day with your grandson, cherish each moment you spend with him, they grow up so fast. Grandchildren can be exhausting but their worth it. Hope you sleep well hun big hug coming to you xxsmile
    • Posted

Hi Loxie I looke up on you tube medication music so will give that a go. How are you doing? take care gentle hug x
    • Posted

Hi Kaz. good idea.  If you type in 'guided mindfulness meditation' there's a whole range to choose from.  Mindfulness is a specific meditation technique which was redeveloped in the USA specifically for pain treatment, it's really good.  Doing ok today, very tired out for some reason but not done much.  My partner went down with a stinker of a cold so maybe I'm fighting off a virus.  Going on holiday Friday so I'm praying I don't come down with anything, it'll wipe me out with the travel etc.  oh well 9 days in the sunshine will help I'm sure. xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Loxie Hope you dont come down with your partners cold hun, you dont need that with going a way. Hope you have a lovely time away have fun. The sunshine will do you some good send some back over to the uk. weve had heavy rain in shropshire. sun trying to come out now. I will have alook at the guided mindfulness you mentioned. Take care gentle hugs xxxxx
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz.  If I catch it I will honestly kill him smile  He keeps sneezing all over the place and gets ratty if I remind him to put his hand over his mouth when coughing and sneezing - typical man.  He says I'm nagging but he just doesn't realise that with fibro I cannot fight it off as normal, these things knock us for six in a worse way than before I developed fibro.  Oh well, it's he who shall be bored on holiday if I get sick and can't go on trips etc.  xxx
    • Posted

They dont get it do they, if we get anything with having fibro it makes everything 10x worse takes us longer to get over stuff. Men rolleyes fingers crossed hun you dont come down with it he will be the 1 to blame if you do? you take care gentle hugs xxxx
    • Posted

Morning christine How are you today? Hope you slept well? Its bright sunshine here where I live. Hope you have a lovely day today christine what ever your doing. Take care gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

Hiya Kaz, I had a good sleep last night hope you did too, I've been in all day..this rotten Asthma is taking soooo long to go..however I'm fine.hope your back is getting better..it's been lovely and sunny today, but if course winter...be blessed Kaz, have a lovely day..it's 6.30pm here..just watching the news..never any good news though...but depressing the state if the world..grr..:-) xxxx
    • Posted

sorry to hear your asthma is still playing you up bless you. hope it soon eases for you. rest plenty hope you get a good nights sleep tonight. back still not good dr said it would take a while to get better and not to push things as more damage could be done. take care gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

Have a great holiday loxie have fun take care gentle hug xx
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz...hubby says it's much better..I just see or feel it yet..but t must be....just sick of staying inside....had a great nights sleep...just cooking today...just made a huge Japanese omelette...good for the weekend...doing a roast leg of pork..mm..sounds like I'm food crazy..I'm just sooo bored..hubby's out..,will be home in a minute.....it's 11am here Friday...windy outside...warm in...how is your back Kaz.....do hope it's eased somewhat..must be horrific on top of everything else!! Be blessed have a great weekend...a back pain free one too:-) xxxx
    • Posted

Morning Christine Its 8.40 am here its sunshinning at min. so pleased to hear you managed to sleep well. Its an added bonus when we do. Ive been a wake since 3 am had a weird dream it wokw me up that was it. Hope your asthma is soon lots better for you. I really feel for you I know what its like as have it my self. Keep warm rest plenty, your food always sounds amazing I love omelette and pork. I have tried walking with hubbys help back not good at all, very painful legs dont want to work. Having fibro isnt helping things, never mind plod on. I can understand you being bored. Im sick of being in bed just want to be up? Hope you hubby have a lovely weekend christine. Look after yourself gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz..Been sunny today, hubby says it's been windy..I haven't been outside...he took his motorbike out to a meeting this morning...came home sooo cold..had another meeting this arvo and took the car...lol..I'm going to church this Sunday and out to lunch with friends...so I better be ok..too bad if I'm not..sometimes it's worth being a rebel..lol..have a lovely weekend KazKaz.,be blessed..sorry to hear you back is still playing havoc..gentle hugs,,:-( xx
    • Posted

E njoy  your lunch out with friends on sunday Christine have a lovely weekend. gentle hugs take care xxsmile
    • Posted

good morning christine how are you today hun? did you sleep well. Whats it like in tas. its sunshining here in the uk its 8.44 am. My hubby has just gone to work, hes working till lunch time. I managed to get up yesterday for 20 mins then had to go back to bed, as felt quiet poorly hey ho plod on. I will get their fibro not helpingmad we have a bank holiday on monday so hubby will be home yey Hope you have a lovely weekend christine enjoy your meal with friends tomorrow. be blessed take care gentle hugs xxsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.