Fatique

Posted , 12 users are following.

Having a shower leaves me wiped out, I have to rest after having a shower. 

Does showering leave you fatiqued, and having to rest after a shower. gentle hugs to all xxxxx 

6 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have to say, I feel refreshed after my shower, but I do like to chillax after my shower, rather than do anything else.

Gentle hugs wink x

• Posted

Having a shower absolutly shatters me have to lie down after it.If I shower before bed I just get straight into bed. wink gentle hugs xx
  • Posted

A good long soak, oh just devine... but yes it is tiring....  a Good sleep aid.  So to is showering which at home is the only option.  I am generally so dam wiped out at night when I'd normally like to have a shower and go to bed nice and clean. And most times wake up in my usual fatigued mode, get through the day doing what ever I can but will have a show early afternoon when I'm feeling a tad more on to it, then I have to lie down for a kip.  haha weird aye... OR I make do with a doebie/top and tail...

• Posted

its doing what we can when we can, I just have washes when really wipped out. I have a rest lie down in between doing things. If I dont I end up paying for it. take care gentle hugs 
    • Posted

Totally relate kaz, totally relate....  xx

• Posted

Hi Kaz. How are you today? I have been reading the replies to your fatique question.

I notice you said your GP has confirmed a slipped disc and given you some diazepam to relax the muscles.

I had a slipped disc about 20 years ago, I know the pain you will be going through, obviously enhanced 10x by the fibro.

I was in bed for a week and after that had to get up as the kids said they had no clean or ironed uniforms, so had to get up and do the washing and ironing. Their Dad wasn't domesticated and still isn't.

Make sure you get plenty of rest so you can enjoy your trips out in a couple of weeks.

Take care and gentle hugs x

• Posted

why does going to bed hurt so much totally fed up go to bed coz in pain and gets no better got up coffee now slumped in chair to much effort to move need a kick up backside today like most days suns out uk washing to be done beds to change wonder if they do a robot for house work x
    • Posted

sorry meant to start new discus
    • Posted

I wish they did do robots for house work, we would all have one. its important that we pace ourselves as if we over do things, we end up in more pain and feeling very ill. so do what you can when you can, if you dont feel like doing anything dont do it. Its hard going to bed in pain waking up in pain. pain is so draining. all we can do is take each day as it comes get through each day as best we can. get as much help support as you can aids to help you. see if your area has a local support group. dont ever feel quilty if you cant get anything done, we dont want this condition we didnt ask for this condition. none of it is our fault and doing. take care 
    • Posted

thank you as you say feel guilty but im learning and luckily only my self and husbamd at home now so if i don t really want to do can leave it saying that im back in work next week as school cleaner so not sure its only 3hrs aday but constant heavy and repetive x

• Posted

its not easy working when you have fibro, some ladies that are still working struggle to. their  is esa and pip you could try claiming if you wanted to. I would just see how you get on when you go back, and if you cant manage it you cant. It cant be helped we are having to cope with a difficult condition that affects our entire body. take care hope you have a good weekend x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.