Favourite Films?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Following on from the "one thing you cannot do without" how about What is your favourite film and why.  You know that one film that you can watch over and over again.  Come on Fibro Folk get those thinking caps on and let's have a "film night" discussion.  I can no longer sit through a film at the cinema as I would seize up completely but it doesn't stop me watching in the comfort of my own home.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey maggers I love films. It's hard to pick just one that I will watch over and over again. But if I really had to choose I guess I would say Green Mile with Tom Hanks. Every time I watch it, it still makes me cry over John Coffee. There are a few other films I could mention, but you asked for only one. Have a peaceful day X

• Posted

Feel free to put 1,2,3,4, and 5.  Just wanted to get those brain cells working on something enjoyable
  • Posted

Might be showing my age now...just can't beat, Mrs Miniver..with Greer Garson...very old  B&W.....but I love the story....Love the times,  great acting..waiting for it to come out one day in colour, lol...could watch it every month...:-) xxx
    • Posted

I love the oldies too.  Something about black and white which creates atmosphere which is sometimes missing in the later films.
  • Posted

For me it has to be 'It's A Wonderful Life'. I save all my Christmas gift wrapping to do while watching with a box of chocs and a steaming mug of cocoa
    • Posted

I've heard about that film and I've seen clips of it. And it's one of those films I keep meaning to watch and have never gotten around to it. Will have to watch it X

• Posted

Glad I am not the only one doing gift wrapping whilst watching a good film - we ladies are perfectly capable of multi tasking!!!
  • Posted

Okay then, here goes.

1. As I said Green Mile with Tom Hanks. Not only because Tom Hanks is such a good actor and is great in this, but because the story is so poignant. The man gets wrongly accused, arrested and put on death row for the murder of two children. It makes me cry every time I watch it.

2. Brigadoon with Gene Kelly. It is a film about a town that only appears one day every hundred years. Also about true love and how with true love anything is possible. When I was a child I had a huge crush on Gene Kelly and was determined that when I grew up I would marry him smile

3. Beauty and the Beast. Disney film. It is my all time favourite Disney film. I love the songs, the characters and the plot. Maybe it's the true love conquering all thing again. Am I soppy or what? Lol

4. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. A film about an autistic child coming to terms with the loss of his father in the 9/11 tragedy. Very powerful, thought provoking film. Again with Tom Hanks, but he only has a small part.

5. Last, but by no means least, Premonition with Sandra Bullock. A film about a woman who has a premonition about her husbands death and her struggle to save him. Very intense film. I love Sandra Bullock in this film. I could go on about more of my favourite films and why. I do have a lot of favourites. I could watch films for a living. Films beat soaps any day in my humble opinion. X

• Posted

Amazing ever thought of a job as a film critic? Seems you love a film with a  moral undercurrent with strong true characters.

Couldn't agree more with the comment on soaps.

• Posted

that would be so many

but two of my favs are 

truely madly deeply , alan rickman, juliet stevenson 

educating rita   ,        jule walters and micheal cain

• Posted

Hi Maggers

I enjoy watching Toy Story 1 and 2 especially with my kids. I can't wait for Guardian of the Galaxy to come out on DVD, that is one I wouldn't mind watching again. I like to watch anything with a bit of fun and calming.

• Posted

Hi Maggers

Favourite films:

Casablanca

African Queen

Chocolat

Apocalpse Now

Amelie

Midnight in Paris

Jean De Floret and Sequel

Like Water for Chocolate

Enjoy

Meg

• Posted

Well folks that is me sorted for the next few years checking out your favourite movies.Good to take our minds off the day to day grind of fibro for a few minutes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.