Fear for breast cancer

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies! I am 42 with early menopause and on hrt! I have no symptoms and feel like my old self again but I am very very afraid of breast cancer!

I think I am obsessed with that, when I take my pill every night I feel  that I am in panic! I read a lot to get informed and everyone says a different story. 

Can I ask you how you handle your fear? Today I feel completely lost because of my fear and I spent all my day googling...any ideas?

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Vicky,

If you are on the right kind of hormone replacement therapy you shouldn't have the worry you do. If you are on Bio identical hormones that are natural our bodies know what to do with them and put them to good use and actually offer many benefits for women especially after menopause. Estriol, which is the safest of the three estrogens should be included in the hormone replacement. There is a lot of good videos and information from people who have been on bio identical hormones for years without any issues. Its the synthetic hormones that are causing the issues with women. Let me know if you would like the name of a couple of good books that will put your worries to rest, that is if you are on natural and not synthetic hormones. 

• Posted

Thank you Jude! Yes, I am on conventional hrt, on estradiol and dydrogesterone, cyclical type.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.