fear of dying, anxiety causing panic, pls help

Posted , 72 users are following.

I'm suffering with this nearly everyday at the moment. Anxiety is causing me to have panic attacks most if not every day, I feel exhausted. I feel a constant chest pain, and if I move ie travel in a car or something it feels like somethings moving around inside my chest. Daily  though I get headaches, dizzyness, tingling hands, numbness, shortness of breath and general chest pain. I'm so scared im going to die with each and every feeling of panic. I've alalways thought/worried about dying since being little. But now with the anxiety I'm struggling every day with it. I feel so lost

11 likes, 131 replies

131 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I feel like this everyday the constant worry of what is going to happen every minute I can't get the thought out of my head it's driving me insane!

It's changed me a person I used to be bubbly fun out going now I'll get invited som here and I'll either dread going and drag myself there or not even go st all because I'm scared of something happens!

It needs to stop now it's going on far too long it's effecting my life my work my relationship, I was on steraline for anxiety/panic attacks but didn't feel like it worked the GP now wants me to do it without medication and go to counselling instead. But it's getting that bad I need medication but I feel like they don't listen to me!

• Posted

I just signed up to reply beacuse my situation is the same, i'm 19 and i dont think anyone really understands what your feeling, recently i've started getting scared from strangers if someone walks past me i just become very anxious, and the constant fear of dying, i think this is the first time i've said it out loud! I just feel i'm the only one feeling this way and i feel scared, i cant sleep at night! I get nightmares and i feel so scared all the time, and the worst part is I cant talk to anyone because no one really understands what i'm going through! I wanted to join therapy but my mom said its too expensive and u'll be fine, U just need to snap out of it! And i'm crying while typing this cuz i feel helpless

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel I tried talking to my mum about it but she doesn't understand. Best way is to seek professional help all the way or if not just talk to people on here going through the same thing. I constantly think I am dying. One day I think I have a brain tumour...heart attack...heart failure and many more but I'm still here but I still genuinely believe there is something wrong with me. Anxiety is by far the most scariest feeling! I feel like it's making me crazy!

• Posted

I have the same exact issue its causing me headache cant have a time to relax like i used to already went to the ER twice. I barley got this like 2 weeks ago and its been at its worse im so lost at whats happening i cant sleep.
  • Posted

For the past 6years i suffer exact same as you:i am scared that i will die right now,any minut,any moment,pain everywhere,pain usually moves around,i get freezed and scared to breath...so on and the thoughts and the pain feels so real eaven thought i have never died!My husband is my own babysittersmilepanic attacks and anxiety are living with me daily!Have had different medications,currently taking Mirtazapine 45mg and still having the thoughts,pains in my chest and feeling that i would die and my freezing zones(do not see anything or hear anything as i am dying but still alive)it is hard and i do not have the quality life of living!Hope i will have it all one day soon!You are not alone,i am with you!Best regards,Kate!

• Posted

I really feel for you as I am going through the exact same thing. Every evening in paticular I find myself unable to breathe and I can't move as my head feels so disconnected from the rest of my body. I have a constant fear that I am going to die. I feel so mentally and emotionally drained and dread every evening.

Such an awful thing to live with. I hope you can overcome this as I hope to one day. Although sometimes it feels like this is something I will have to live with for a long time.

• Posted

This is exactly how I feel I've had this since January and every time feels like a new worse pain it's driving me insane I'm on sertraline 50mg day 8 not noticed difference yet I have pain in chest as we speak , are u on medication x

• Posted

Same here and I am so fed up with it.

I used to be a great guy; verty funny and had ,many friends. Now, I can hardly do anyhting for the sickness prevents me.

• Posted

You have decribed me to the T. This is my feelings everyday I have missed so much work due to felling like I'm going to jump out of my skin. Then mind races and so forth. I stay dizzy everyday. And when you try and explain it to your freinds or family they don't understand. Dying is my biggest fear. My dad tells me all the time stop thinking about it. It's hard. I wish you the best and I will tell you this site is awesome. The people on here have so much good advise. And when your feeling down and low you can come here and see others are going thur it and they care. 

• Posted

Since October 2016 I have been suffering with a whole array of varied and scary symptoms which have also been diagnosed as panic disorder and anxiety. One night I could not breathe, had shooting pains across my chest and down my left arm and pains across my shoulders-took myself off to A&E and had ECG, chest xray, blood tests etc all came back fine-doctor put me on Propranolol which I have taken since but nothing has changed in terms of pain, panic or emotions in fact if anything it's worse and I haven't had one day of feeling 'normal' since October. The only comfort I have had is buying those wheat bags you microwave and putting them on my shoulders, neck, lower back, left arm (wherever pain is most that day) and it does help to ease some of the pain and panic (albeit for a short while!). Really want my life back and forums like this help to feel I'm not alone at this awful time (nor going mad!).

• Posted

Hey everyone,revently i have same problem here.Scare of dying n feel time are gone very fast.i worry the day i die will come n time past too fast.im 30 now..all we can hope is on technology.Scientist say more 20 to 30 year we able to immortal..hopefully that news is true.Everyone dun give up..try be normal asap.
  • Posted

I feel your pain. Everyday is a struggle, aspirins in my hand constantly. Scared of going anywhere for fear that the pain this time is "really happening!". I don't go a day without experiencing chest pain 2 or 3 times a day that makes me freak out and think this is the time I'm having a "heart attack". I've been getting better though, I have a messed up left shoulder have a torn rotator cuff which was causing pains up and down left arm. Which in turn would freak me out and my mind creates chest pain to freak me out. Which also happens to be gerd causing it as well. I take no meds for anxiety besides atarax which helps a little.and I'm on oxycodone 10mg for my shoulder pain. I take a tablespoon of acv anytime l get the centralized chest pain because it means my gerd acting up. I still take aspirin everywhere and if somewhere is farther then 15 minutes away good luck getting me going. But over the last few days I've started doing shoulder and chest stretches and they have helped immensely. As well as a few yoga exercises, yoga really is great to stretch and get practice breathing and relaxing. It gets heart pumping but not out of control. Best way I can describe how it helps Is it makes me concentrate on keeping proper form for the poses and proper breathing. Concentrating on the yoga and breathing makes me even forget my problems awhile and I gotta admit even tho I get sore I feel great after. One step at a time Kerrianne, no matter how big or small is worth it. Don't ever give up, we are all kindred spirits in this terrible disease anxiety but it can be controlled and beaten. I have faith in myself and all of you. If anyone needs to talk by all means message me. I've fought anxiety for 5 years and have a wealth of knowledge. And really I was skeptical about the yoga but at least try it

• Posted

Hi I have the same thing I can't stop being afraid, I feel so weak and I'm worried if I do anything I'll make myself I'll I'm at a real low point and I'm not really sure how I can overcome this, I also have a 3 month old son I just want to get back to my normal self so I can actually start living any advice?

• Posted

Hi 

I have facing the same problems around one year

Can u help me to overcome from this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.