fear of dying, anxiety causing panic, pls help

Posted , 72 users are following.

I'm suffering with this nearly everyday at the moment. Anxiety is causing me to have panic attacks most if not every day, I feel exhausted. I feel a constant chest pain, and if I move ie travel in a car or something it feels like somethings moving around inside my chest. Daily  though I get headaches, dizzyness, tingling hands, numbness, shortness of breath and general chest pain. I'm so scared im going to die with each and every feeling of panic. I've alalways thought/worried about dying since being little. But now with the anxiety I'm struggling every day with it. I feel so lost

11 likes, 131 replies

131 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I pray GODs own peace upon you. What happens to us to make us this way? One thing JESUS SAVES certain, Jesus knows how we feel. You are not alone!!
  • Posted

im so sorry 2 hear all this with every1, but so glad that youve  shared it as my son suffers really bad with this (hes 19) EVERYDAY and most of the day its awful to see, he has chest pain, fast heart , ect, and he always wants to go to the doctors all the time convinced he got heart problems, but they just offer pills n that which he wont take, and to top it all off i myself had 2 have open hraet surgey in 2010 2 replave 3 valves n i was only 32, so im to blame really because it roughly since then hes had this im so gutted . want to help understand more to help him 
  • Posted

i had severe pain due to anxiety too .it was so bad i screamed out of pain and took 3-4 pills to sleep.anyway i started antidepressants and helped me extremely lot it took 3-4 weeks but the change was enormous for me. i do psychotherapy too and try to get normal me again too.

it is a temporal condition you will get over.

you should ask for help though .

i hope the best for you and hope you feel a lot better soon !

• Posted

I have thoughts of dying everyday and I'm scared that everyday will be like this.
    • Posted

Hi bianca,just read this blog,I feel the same its not a nice feeling but exercise and diet plays a big roll. If I don't exercise I start with extreme anxiety. Hope your feeling better
    • Posted

Thanks Anthony,

I have been meditating daily with a great app called headspace and have been put back on a snri after 8 months of being med free. My side affects have been suicidal thoughts and depression however the panic attacks have stopped! I don't know what's worse. But I agree with you that excercise is important and I haven't been regular and I need to make a commitment to make it a daily thing. I know it will be a life long struggle for me even though I'm 33 and have battled this for a while now. I hope everyone suffering like this finds hope and their on road to recovery xx

• Posted

I've suffered with a anxiety for about 13 years,stopped my medication about 12 years ago as they was making me have stupid thoughts,started exercising even at my worst. I know now what triggers my attacks not through doctors but through dealing with it. When I feel one coming on now I just let it happen sit there tell my self what's the worst that can happen! 12 years been doing this. I've never had heart attack or what ever other thoughts pop in my head. Although I've had attacks that have lasted for hours. I've just got on with it. Horrible anxiety wouldn't wish it on anyone. Im also 33 so nearly half my life with it. Xx
  • Posted

I read a lot of texts here and they all seem like my situation. I am really bad I have no motivation or excitement in life. I really hope you have found a solution to get rid of all this. You may want to share it with me.
  • Posted

I myself have gone through this and i can understand the pain , the agony , the loneliness , and the desperation associated with it .. I hope you recover from it very soon . My advice would be what i tried on Myself and that releived me from anxiety (panic disorder) or more particularly health anxiety . you must do Progressive Muscle Relaxation (look up YouTube for PMR's)... I have drastically reduced my anxiety by this technique.... Its about 20 min procedure. But you must do it continuously for results.... You will see results in like a week... Hope you will benefit from it...

Regards

• Posted

I signed up just to reply I feel the exact same im only 16 and Im terryifed of dying every single day even reading this I feel like crying and I feel like a sap saying this but I feel really miserable lately I know I shouldnt feel this way at this age but I do every single thing I stress about like a shooting pain in my chest and my stomach pulsates all the time and im scared I have a disease im going to die from I think that all the time and I dont want to go to the doctor because what if I do and I get told something I dont want to hear and I just feel so hopeless all the time ive been torturing myself with the thought of death and what happens if your still consious and you cant move and every things black this type of thing has been consuming my thoughts lately and im so scared ive tried replying and commenting on alot of pages but I never get a response I just want reasureance 
    • Posted

Im going through the same exact thing jack im 16 as well and it came once my throat never got fixed i never had anxiety like this its really ruining hopefully your well now if you can respond what you did or what your doing
  • Posted

Hello I've also been having chest pains and feel like my breathing will stop anytime, I went to so many Doctors, some tell me I have asthma I've been taking the medication but instead of getting better it gets worse,one doctor told me that it might be anxiety,I am tired of feeling like each day is my last, I am a bubbly person but now m always miserable, I fear being alone, especially sleeping alone cos I am scare that what if I don't wake up. I want to feel normal again but I can't, m always tired, m always moody. I am Glad there are people who know how I feel and I hope we will all find solace in God.
  • Posted

I feel the same way, my fear of dying consumes most of my life. I worry about every aspect of it from obsessing about getting a terminal disease,to what is going to happen to my body when it happens,and for me the most terrifying part is being afraid that there is no life after death, and no heaven.I don't know why I am this way? But it's such a hopeless feeling..I would give anything to not feel this way. Do u have any of these feelings?

• Posted

I do im only 16 as well i think this should be my least amount of worries but it keeps crossing my mind ive never had anxiety this bad.how are you feeling now.

• Posted

Hi there

I have just joined this after reading everyones comments because i am also om the same boat as evryone else.

I was fine and living a happy life until my father passed away in february 2014 which docs say he passed away from cardiac arrest and that same yr i jus gave birth to my 2Nd child in dec 2013. So when i got told my dad had died i had a panic attck whch up till now i alwys think if im gonna die like how my dad died. I get frquent dizziness, weakness in my body, faint feeling and just dont feel like having fun. i really want help cos now i have 3 kids and i still dont feel like spending alot of time with them bkos of what im goin thru and wen my hubby goes work i get scared that i might faint and die straight away😢😢PLS IM DESPERATE FOR ANY HELP TO GET MY NORMAL LIFE BACK AGAIN PLS ..😢

• Posted

How are you doing Rose? My anxiety was brought on similarly to yours as both my parents died this year. Prior to this i was one of the happiest well-balanced person. Ive been suffering for six months now both mentally and physically with the worst part being the insomnia and chest pains. I now have terrible acne and acid/stomach issues. It has been a battle but my God is able and is helping me through this. Drs are more confused and are frustrated by not being able to cure this. Faith and God's promises of peace and wholeness is what's fuelling me. Please pray and trust in God and you would get better in time.

Love you all in Jesus name.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.