fear of heart attack but doctor say anxiety

Posted , 31 users are following.

i am 22 years old and i been experiencing left arm pain a lil left breast pain i be thinking it my heart but doctors say it not i have done servel ekg heart monitor and nothing come up about my heart i am so scared of dying they diagnosed me with generlized anxiety disorder can someone help me

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get the same thing too I have been in and out of the Er about 4 times this week my EKG is fine too I had a break down a couple days ago cried all day it's tough but don't give up you will be OK

• Posted

bro I feel u man I always have constant worry that I might have a heart,stroke or cardiac arrest mostly heart attack I always have these symptoms of a heart attack but everything I go to the er they tell me everything is fine they always do ekgs on my heart and it’s always fine been to the hospital about 5 times in 2 weeks because of me freaking thinking I’m about to die because of all these weird symptoms but sadly it’s just anxiety, it’s hard to control right now I’m feeling arm pain and chest tightness but I’m just letting it be even though I’m worrying it’s a heart attack but I just risk it now since I’ve been diagnosed with anxiety disorder 
  • Posted

i know what you feel it happened to me just 2 weeks ago but i think i already beaten it iv'e been rushed to ER several times but the doctors said that my heart and my lungs are totally fine it just 2 weeks but i think that iv'e cured my self because i started to accept what the doctors said i trust them the reason why they see nothing wrong with us is because there's absolutely nothing wrong with us the symptoms that we feel it's just in our heads i still feel it to day to be honest it occurs in random times but everytime it attacks i just think that it's a devil trying to scare me and i must beat to by means of not getting scared because once you get scared you start to feel the symptoms again the hyperventilating and palpitation starts what i do just go with the flow breath properly try not to breath fast do not run and just accept whats happening once the situation feels okay again just don't think about the symptom and convince your mind that nothing bad will happen to you and just continue what you are doing once you've done that it's game over for the devil you finally won the panic attack will go away and you can be more comfortable and ready when the time the devil wants to scare you again i hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.