fear of heart attack but doctor say anxiety

Posted , 31 users are following.

i am 22 years old and i been experiencing left arm pain a lil left breast pain i be thinking it my heart but doctors say it not i have done servel ekg heart monitor and nothing come up about my heart i am so scared of dying they diagnosed me with generlized anxiety disorder can someone help me

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm fearing to get a heart attack. I saw your post can you tell me how you're feeling now after one year
  • Posted

Yes we all are suffering from this situation Following are some of the stuffs i do:

1) Accept that i have a disroder , because all my test are good and postive , but my mind is not accepting , So I ACCEPT I HAVE A DISRODER

2) When ever i feel like i am getting panic , I will start controlling the breath before it over takes , take a deep breath but flush out slowly , this will make sure you are flushing the cardondioxide in controlled , Dont ever breath out fast while we body enter into panic mode

3) Understand I am not alone .....

4) Meditate and complete surrender to almighty , 

5) We all came here , I dont know from where i came , so i should not worry where i am going

• Posted

Heya, I know the feeling, I am currently going through the same thing with pains in my left arm feeling out of breath and chest pains I have been the doctors a billion times and they have all said to me that it is generalised anxiety disorder too and I just can't seem to believe them and keep needing reassurance from different doctors it's ridiculous x

• Posted

I'm absolutely terrified. I'm a bit younger then you guys, Howver I have the same symptoms. It's been happening for 3 months. I'd get a weird feeling in my chest..like a tightness, and I'd feel bit of pain in my left arm/shoulder, and every time I'd feel that, I'd have a panic attack and jump up from what I was doing, and run around, trying to stop myself from dying, or at least, in that moment, that's what I Think I'm doing.

It just happened maybe...10 minutes ago?? I had a panic attack, and went to google for help, and it just worsened the feeling. It's so scary.....no one understands ether. I told my mom I feel weird, and that I need help, but she just thinks I'm over reacting. I cry myself to sleep often. She doesn't notice ever. I'm always sad for no reason. It doesn't make any sense, but it happens...and I have no one to turn to. My dad has Morphen's Syndrome...and he tells me I'm in danger of getting what he has, and it scares me, and causes me to have panic attacks. Like right now I'm really terrified. My mother had colon/rectum cancer..and...I'm just terrified of...getting a heart disease and being told I do..

• Posted

My mother literally laughed at me just now when I told her my chest hurt and I needed to go to the doctor.........
    • Posted

Eileen i know exactly what you mean... ive been to the e.r. and doctor so many times for chest pain my father will literally get mad at me for freaking out. In the moment its hard to control the fear, once the anxiety or panic takes over its hard to control yourself. Best thing you can do is go to your doctor and tell them whats happening. I currently take Vistaril 25mg 2 ti.es a day as needed. Its not the greatest but it does help. You just need to remember that panic can not and will not kill you. Everyday i have pain in my left shoulder blade and upper arm and chest pain in my left peck area. Its gotten so bad i carry an aspirin container everywhere with me. And two in my hand. Whenever i feel pain i eat a piece of it. Its horrible and i cant continue doing this because im hurting my body in the process. You need to seek medical help no natter what your mother does and says. You need to assert yourself and say mom i need help. I hope you seek the help
    • Posted

Hi Eileen and travis,

Sorry to hear about your symptoms,you people are not alone i am facing heart escape beat and it give me to such panic that problem is little bit solve but i have chest tightness hot sensation feeling in my chest-----i always feel the murmuring of my heart when i laydown------i also burp alot---i have been visited to the docs lot of times i go to emergency room 4 times that i have heart attack but no thing is serious i am facing it from 4 years----no on can understand you i can say doc will not undertand also---because i have been to the doc most of the times docs laugh at me as well as my family members and friends think i am pscyhco----3 months ago my cardilogist see my slow heart beat in ecg my one heart beat is little bit slow in ecg he wanna monitor my heart for 24 hours result was 98.75%----my cardiologist say to me some time my heart beat will become slow its not a big deal i am safe and he also tell me that every one has like that some time fast and some time slow heart beats and i request for echo echo was clear till now i have 16 ecgs 2 echos,24 hour heart monitoring test,endoscopy,ultrasounds,colonscopy,urine test complete body blood tests 3 times no thing is wrong in that------my doctor say to me i have acid reflux problem and also anxiety problem-----he say to me i have slow digestion as i don,t have gall bladder i do surgery 6 years ago-----believe me no one understand you and it so painful i am sure  as the doc give me proponlol 10 mg 3 times a dy and lexpro for y anixety 10 mg at night time and 1 tablet for my reflux problem it help but not totally i am using it from 1 and half month i must say my life i change but some time i awake at night time bcoz of gas and tightness in my chest-------i will say don,t listen to any one go to the doctor and do complete check up if doc say your are fine then its anxiety nd it didnot kill you and don,t search symptos on google other wise google poop out some thing dangerous to u 

• Posted

I'm going through the same can you all help me with mine

• Posted

I have the same problem I'm only 16 but my chest will feel very tight and it hurts so bad at times but also some times I'll be feeling fine and I get a sweat going on and m heart starts to race and I hate it recently my chest discomfort has been getting worse I never been to the doctor because my parents just laugh at me and say it's my anxiety I mean they live in the past or something when I was 7 I was diagnosed with an adult anxiety disorder but why would it come back all of a sudden two weeks ago?

• Posted

I'm also suffering from what everyone here is having and I'm younger then all of you man and women but I prefer not to say my age my anxiety disorder is super bad and I just feel like I'm slowly dying or that I'm gonna die so if someone can please tell me what I can do I'm just a Teen in middle school in the 8th grade I'm scared cause my heart has heart problem like symptoms. Hope everyone feels well.

• Posted

I also have the same condition..I am very afraid of my heart.I always thnks that I may suddenly fall into death.I amvan also very much anxious when a bad news is heard.my body suddenly reacts as if I cant resisist that particular n
  • Posted

I also have the same condition..I am very afraid of my heart.I always thnks that I may suddenly fall into death.I amvan also very much anxious when a bad news is heard.my body suddenly reacts as if I cant resisist that particular news.have anybody fone through th
  • Posted

I also have the same condition..I am very afraid of my heart.I always thnks that I may suddenly fall into death.I amvan also very much anxious when a bad news is heard.my body suddenly reacts as if I cant resisist that particular news.have anybody fone through these types of condition..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.