Fear of my migraines...anxiety worse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I've been having migraines and weird pains/feelings in my head for about 1 month now. I finally went to my doctor 4 days ago and she wants me to track them write them down and then she will prescribe me a MRI. She did some strength and cognitive things with me, and checked my pupils And she said I look too good for something like a tumor to be my problem.

The migraines and weird feelings are not debilitating and I can worke through them but my,anxiety is making me feel/think worse about them.

Its mostly on the right side like 90% right and 10%left.

I'm freaking out a little more Today because I started to feel light headed and they weren't accompanied with The migraines but it's all just happening and I'm afraid. Also a lady had a seizure at the store that I work at and that's been on my mind. I fear tumor, aneurysm and stroke(my dad had a stroke last year) and lately I've been hearing stories about people who had to have surgery on their head and that's all on my mind.

Also I've been have like gum/tooth pain on the right side (top part) so idk if that's contributing to anything.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had weird problems with my head to like pains and lightheaded and my vision messed up if u findout something let me know but I think it may be anxiety causing ur problems
    • Posted

Thank you, and I will update you. I'm trying to put it as my anxiety too but it feels too real for it to be that, but I'm just hoping for the best
    • Posted

I've had many people tell me that its anxiety but its hard for me to accept
    • Posted

Same with me, like my dad is disabled and has brain damage from his stroke so it worries me even more since that runs in my family (given that I'm only 19)
    • Posted

Ya my family has brain problems to and I'm 24 we are to young to be worrying this much
    • Posted

I agree with you! Well I might call my doctor and have a MRI done early, have you thought about any testing? Maybe you should especially with a family history.

Its weird because a few months ago I was having chest pains and when the cardiologist did an echo, ECG and 30 day monitor and everything came back fine, my chest pains stopped, that made me believe that my anxiety was the real culprit, giving me "fake" symptoms. So hopefully my head pains (and yours) are a figment of our imagination.

• Posted

Definitely seems like anxiety (sorry to sound like the rest). For me it seems that whenever I have a problem with one area of my body and I get all the test done and rule out everything, then my anxiety (as a separate entity) recognizes that and move it's focus to another part of my body. Its weird that I'm explaining this to,you in this way because my mind still won't believe its the anxiety, and I know it's the same for you
    • Posted

Yes I feel the exact same way. Do u have vision trouble also?
    • Posted

Ever since my,migraines started, yes I have been having eye trouble in my right eye. Some days it feels normal and then other days it feels a little blur. I'm constantly checking them.
  • Posted

Hey. I've been having head pressure like feeling for 6 to 7 weeks now. A bit lightheaded too! My Neurologist is ordering a MRI of my brain and I can't wait to have it done! Don't know if it's my anxiety but I can't stop but to think that I may have something horrible going on in my head! Right now I got awakened by acid reflux and nausea and I'm afraid it's something really wrong with me sad
    • Posted

I know how u feel with everything u said I have all those problems
    • Posted

I too am very afraid of having an MRI done because I'm afraid that I DO have something serious and then I think about The what if's.

Ex.

What if something's wrong?

What if I have to have surgery?

What if I die?

Sorry to sound scary but sometimes I think I should ignore it and not get tests done, but then other times I like well I better be on the safe side.

• Posted

Ur not alone when I was in the er they done tests I was so scared what they would say and they was all negative
    • Posted

It's like that all the time! All tests come back negative and although we should be happy about it, its just frustrating at the same time too cause we're still feeling these physical symptoms! It's hard to accept that anxiety is the cause I guess.....

Anxiety sucks!

• Posted

Yes exactly Its very hard to get in my head that its anxiety even tho I'm almost positive it really is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.