Fear of my migraines...anxiety worse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I've been having migraines and weird pains/feelings in my head for about 1 month now. I finally went to my doctor 4 days ago and she wants me to track them write them down and then she will prescribe me a MRI. She did some strength and cognitive things with me, and checked my pupils And she said I look too good for something like a tumor to be my problem.

The migraines and weird feelings are not debilitating and I can worke through them but my,anxiety is making me feel/think worse about them.

Its mostly on the right side like 90% right and 10%left.

I'm freaking out a little more Today because I started to feel light headed and they weren't accompanied with The migraines but it's all just happening and I'm afraid. Also a lady had a seizure at the store that I work at and that's been on my mind. I fear tumor, aneurysm and stroke(my dad had a stroke last year) and lately I've been hearing stories about people who had to have surgery on their head and that's all on my mind.

Also I've been have like gum/tooth pain on the right side (top part) so idk if that's contributing to anything.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello

​it does sound like your anxiety is causing all the symptoms, i had the headches for almost 6 weeks, also one side of my scalp became sore, it was weird, the headache wasn't painfull but more of a mild neusance and it would not go away, i could press my scalp in certain places and it felt painfull , now everything as gone and so did my dizzy,nausea, chest pains , poor sleeping and panic attacks. you will get there

• Posted

There was also a spot on my head that's sore too, it's not as bad as before, it's in the process of going away I guess. I also had that weird pains whenever I pressed on my certain parts of my head.
  • Posted

hi

​exactly they hurt when you press, it will go, it is a common thing but it does worry us.also the gum toothache things lasted 2 weeks but that too went away.

• Posted

Thank you, we have very similar stories and this is kinda a relief for me!
  • Posted

hello

​yes, thats why i wanted to write to you to put your mind at ease.also light headed feeling dizzy again anxiety can bring this on, i have been dizzy for years on and off, however if it relates to you, spending too much time in bed can also cause this which is a kind of hypertension being in a suspine postion too long,you will be ok.

• Posted

I must say, you have eased my mind as well because I was worried about the head pressure that I've been having as well. It has subsided a whole lot but I guess you still worry about why and what exactly is it. I went to Neuro and she's sending me for an MRI to rule out possible CSF leakage. My Neuro assessment was normal which is great but I can't wait to see what the MRI shows. I had a CT of my brain 1 month ago that was normal, but In my mind I feel like they've missed something. I know, that's my anxiety kicking in....

I even went to ENT because when the migraines began I had nasal pressure and tinnitus but I was never congested. Of course, everything was normal as well. However, the ENT still decided to give me Prednisone which I never took because why take steroids if you don't need them ya know. Im very antidrug! So anyway, thanks again for putting my mind at ease as well. Sometimes it's good to hear something you already know but still have doubts about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.