fed up

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had my hip operation on 14th April all went well no pain but uncomfotable when i sit down i feel i am sat on something like a mobile phone told the consultant when i went back after 6 weeks he said take painkillers and sit on a cushion i thought he would send me for a xray but no i have written about this a few weeks ago and other people we having the same problem anyone else had this and will it go away is just taking time to heal going on holidy soon not looking forward to sitting on the plane thank you 

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Delkie, i have this too and am six months on Friday!!! The arthroscopy nurse told me it was because they remove fat from the area as part of the operation (a bit like liposuction) and then with less padding you are more aware of the implant. She said strengthening exercises will help and they have as it's definitely better but not gone. Also said that slimmer people are more aware but i don't know if that's the case. Plenty of exercise should definitely help.

Catrin

• Posted

Hi Catrin, thank you i wish they had told me at the hospital as i said the consultant said take painkillers and sit on a cushion i am not in pain just very uncomfortable and sometimes it makes me feel sick going on holiday soon do you think swimming will help thank you for your help may i add i am far from slim  Delkie
    • Posted

Im sure swimming would help although not breast stroke I believe. I use an exercise bike every day and walk and do Pilates. It's definitely helped. Are you going on a plane? At least you can get up and walk about. I think every consultant every hospital have they own way of doing things and all say different  things!!  Enjoy your holiday 
    • Posted

so should i swim on my back and kick my legs yes going on a plane thank you once again you take care 
  • Posted

Ah, so there are some advantages to having a big bum!  I rarely have this problem and I'm only 3 months. 
    • Posted

☺️ Not sure what to say, maybe I'm just not so sensitive in my derrière !  As I sit here, if I think about it, I can feel the lump but not in a bothersome way.  

Laura

• Posted

no i do not have a lump going to start doing my exersises again but have been doing quite a bit of walking you take care Delki
  • Posted

I had my op 26 June and that awful discomfort under the thigh is definitely the worst problem I have found, and still do.  Impossible to sit comfortably as NOTHING seems to ease it - tried every position, chair and cushion to hand, to no avail.  However, there is a "magic" cushion, costly (appox £85) and will definitely purchase one prior to second hip op early next year.  It really relieves the discomfort and all prospective hippies, in my opinion, should be notified of this as it will be worth every penny.

• Posted

Hi Vonnie,you would think that someone would have told us this i have been so worried that something was wrong no pain at all only this discomfort i also am having my other hip done next year but only when this has cleared up wonder if you can get the magic cushions on e bay thank you for     your help Delkie
  • Posted

Apparently, it is the muscles getting themselves sorted out again following the major surgery.  Hope they get themselves organised very soon!!
  • Posted

I'm skinny and had mine on the 24th April - I felt for quite a while that I was sitting on bones. However on most chairs now I'm ok  though would probably notice it if I sat on a wooden chair seat.
    • Posted

no mine is on  any seat hard or soft but out of pain when in bed so i have to be thankfull at least i can sleep now free of pain take care Delki
  • Posted

Hi Delkie ...

when are you going on vacation and where are you going? 

so sorry that you are not looking forward to go though ... any chance you can change the date (without penalty) and go later -

pain in the butt apparently is quite normal in the healing stages - is it sore, tender, uncomfartable or painful jabs ? I found out from my Physical therapist that the tissue underneath the scar sort of stuck together - so she massaged it a couple of times and it helped - 

hope you find a solution soon -

warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee thank you for your reply no we will have to go looking forward to the holiday but not sitting on a plane for 4 hour never offerd any phiso i am sure it can only get better you take care and a warm hug fore you Delkie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.