fed up

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had my hip operation on 14th April all went well no pain but uncomfotable when i sit down i feel i am sat on something like a mobile phone told the consultant when i went back after 6 weeks he said take painkillers and sit on a cushion i thought he would send me for a xray but no i have written about this a few weeks ago and other people we having the same problem anyone else had this and will it go away is just taking time to heal going on holidy soon not looking forward to sitting on the plane thank you 

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Deliie,

Sorry to hear of your discomfort.  That must be annoying and concerning.  I wonder if it has to do with the size of joint as well as the muscle damage that is done during the surgery.

i really haven't experienced that because my rehab included physical therapy, deep tissue massage (ouch), micro-current therapy and acupuncture.   I think the massage and micro current help with scar tissue and getting the muscles back in service.

Maybe over time that area will fill back in and provide some cushion.  Also I would think if you built up your butt muscles it would help as well.  That area is probably tender and will become less so over time.

Best wishes,

Judy

• Posted

Hi Judy thank you for your reply I got nothing no Phisio all that happend went to see Consultant 6 weeks after operation asked how I was told him about discomfort said i was not in pain hoped he would give me a xray all he said was take pain killers and sit on a cushion  sorry not very good on computer take care Delphine
  • Posted

Hi de like . I'm only 10 days post op but can feel lump and have to keep sitting on different chairs and cushions . Oh and I have big bum ! I get tightening too under my knee can't call any of these painful just uncomfortable. Actually sitting on loo on operated side also diff . I even bought memory foam cushion to no avail. May e ask an occupational therapist prob more useful than doc

Go try enjoy your hol

Denise

• Posted

Hi Denise thank you for your reply yes loo very difficult but my Daughter found mr a seat with hadles on a frame which you put  over the toilet the seat they sent me home with was not good I think that is a good idea the therapist I may try when I gt back from holiday let me know how you get on if you go please we go away on5th Sep to 19th so thank you take care Delphine
    • Posted

I had a frame that you put infront of the loo and it was a great support. I could even  myself of the loo seat with it. Got it from the hospital. I found it sore sitting on the op side too but it did get better! Good luck.
  • Posted

Hello Delkie

I had my left hip[ done on exactly the same day as you.

I know what you are saying and yes it feels like you are sitting on a rock or on your mobile phone. I had a lot of problems after I had my left hip done. But I have to say that now I don't have the issue as often as I did. I think you will get to the point that you won't feel it either. but what you have to mremember is you have to build those butt muscles back up that they cut through. So the more you excersize that upper part of your leg the more padding you will get to protect it..

• Posted

Hi Hailea thank you for your reply mine is still there all the time i will do as you say went on a very long walk the other day and still getting over it once again this is a very good site to  be on it is nice that we all try to help each other take care 
  • Posted

I had my left hip op. on 6/26/15.  I also have the same discomfort in my butt.  What cushion have you found that helped you?  I googled Magic cushion & something entirely different came up. 
    • Posted

Hi I bought memory foam cushion from dunelm but to be honest not brill I am currently using just various shaped and sizes diff cushions . I still find sitting hardest . Sleeping going great now . Most evenings now watching TV I am lying on sofa propped up with pillows . I am 13 days post op and feel good .

Regards Denise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.