Fed up

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had anterior and posterior surgery in late feb this year. I feel like it's prolapsed again as there's a bulge, although smaller and constant wanting to wee all the time. Getting up in the night to go too. Also got a pain on my left side which I had before the surgery. So fed up I stopped doing pelvic floor excercises as it seemed a waste of time! I really don't want to go to my GP again , I feel like a hypochondriac!

I was silly as I carried a really heavy weight for my friend who'd had her thumb injected and she asked me to help her with shopping! That was about 2 months ago and I so regret doing it :0(

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So I've been to the GP who examined me. Said the cervix is down but not that bad. Took a urine specimen to be sent off. If that comes back clear will refer me back to a gynaecologist! The joys!

• Posted

Hello Rosiepix. So it sounds as though it isn't as bad as you first thought, is that right? It's good that you're going to be referred back though if you haven't got a UTI which is a step forward. Stay positive and definitely no lifting!! Xx

• Posted

So sorry Rosiepix to hear that your cervix is down, at least it is just little and you may still be able to prevent it getting any worse.

Maybe it is just infection and will pull back up again I definitely have a little swelling that goes up after my two shifts at work and then goes down again after a few days of rest.

It's like a little warning so maybe time to change employment if not too late. I hope that it is just a little infection you have after straining your repair and that it can be rectified through physio.

Please take care especially at work try not lift heavy toddlers, leave it the others or sit first and get someone to place them on your knee. Try and protect your repair as long as you can, at least you don't have long till retirement.

Keep in touch,

X💖💖💖

• Posted

Thanks Matron X fingers crossed . The GP said there's drugs she can prescribe to stop the urgency of passing urine but also spoke about possible side effects X

• Posted

Thank you Phyll . The ladies I work with are very good and don't let me lift anything heavy. We try not to put children on laps too much as we want them to become independent and we are usually so busy we can't spare a person to sit with a child in their lap for very long. Not looking forward to going back next week as we always have new children and always some screamers. Maybe I need to invest in ear plugs lol xx

• Posted

So glad to hear that your collegues are very good at supporting you. Must admit I had a family of 6 and have 5 grandchildren and I love being surrounded by family, would have loved to work with babies. But know what you mean about screamers.

My daughters middle one who is 3 is awful although playgroup/nursery say he is very good so just action g up at home especially with his mum.

Good luck with next week,

Phyl x☺☺☺

• Posted

Don't forget your cervix is supposed to be mobile as it "moves" during your cycle so it may not be too much to worry about. Could be just a reminder to take things slowly. Best wishes.

• Posted

Some of the drugs are very effective but you may have to try a few until you find one that suits you. 
    • Posted

Thank you X I'm a bit past the age of monthly cycles but thanks for your kind wishes xx

• Posted

I hope it can be sorted out like that, to be honest is the urgency that's getting me down and the waking up every single night to use the loo. It's very tiring as I can't get back to sleep for ages after X

• Posted

I used to be like that Rosiepix and was prescribed something (can't remember now what it was) because I was up and down sometimes 6 times on a night. So hopefully you will get the help you desperately need x

• Posted

Thank you Phyll. I have a big family too, love to see them but the peace when they go is good too! I've worked with children for 25 years and it's been great but I haven't the patience I used to have and as I've been off for 6 weeks the prospect of going back is daunting xx

• Posted

Try and go back to work on a graduated return basis if you can Rosiepix because it's very hard returning to work following any surgery but more so after a repair. Don't want to nag but careful with lifting the little ones xx

• Posted

Definitely agree with matron, try get a graduated return to work; shorter shifts to start and less shifts and work up gradually .

Phyl x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.