Fed up!! Reassurance and support?

Posted , 6 users are following.

5 weeks on sertraline after a major depressive episode after having my baby , two weeks on 50mg and 3 weeks on 100mg, although I am not very down and low and thinking silly things I still wake with anxiety and insomnia hasn't cleared up and my mood gets low for around an hour every night! When will this end?!?! Really want myself back

0 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ide say give it at least 10 more days hun maybe 2 weeks to level out

X

• Posted

Hi lattifa , I don't know why I'm anixious today feeling heart palpitations and not happy as I used to be the previous days . Having fear attack with panic . I thought the med started to work effectivly but I'm not feeling well today at all .
    • Posted

I know the feeling , if you are able to get out and walk that will help take deep breaths in through ur nose and out slowly from your mouth, if u can get out and walk try and walk fast burn the adrenaline that anxiety create. Or just keep talking to me on here you will be OK I promise you , this will pass and you will feel better soon. Keep telling your self that too. I really feel for you . Has the Dr given you any benzo to relax you when this happens?

Also taking a shower will help talk to god , sounds crazy but God is the creator and he can change anything in an instant.

• Posted

I started since last November on 50 mg

And upped to 100 since January . I had really good days this past week but today I'm not as good . I thought I'm getting normal again .

Thanks a lot there is always a thought that I'm not alone and really we all are here for each other as no one can feel what u feel unless he is tha same . Thanks again .

• Posted

No need to thank me , do you mean November 2015? Or 2014? Ok so you was fine on 50mg? Or was you not ok on that dose?

I'm always here to talk. How u feeling now?

• Posted

I mean since nov 2015 . Ahh I feel better now but so scared of not being normal and always thinking when is the next bad moments gonna attack .
    • Posted

I'm glad u feel a lot better now , what did you do to feel better just now? Why did Dr up ur dose to 100mg? Was it because u wasn't getting better?

Listen I've also been on 50mg since Nov and I'm a lot better but not 100% doubt I'll ever be, I'm learning what I need to do to keep me ok but I still get anxious and dread coming off the meds! ! You will be well again soon there's no doubt about that. You just need to find the right dose for you and level out, takes time hun and it feels as if it never will happen I know, give your self a break too it's an illness that you have been aflicted by its not you, try and think that way too it helps, all the small things help, time to think of you and getting well everything else is minor.

But first it's getting the correct dose and leveling on it.

• Posted

Yes only when I speak aloud about my feelings I feel better , but not the happy person that I should be . Also my kids keeps me busy and I try to do things I might not feel doing it at the moment but I do it anyways just to keep me off thinking about my fears and anixity . It helps a lot .

The doc upped my dose from 50 to 100 as I wasn't feeling well at all .

The 100 dose it worked well but I don't know what happened .

• Posted

Ok I get it now , you do get a few dips on this med at the beginning, I had a couple and it lasted a week. It's just your brain getting used to the meds, give it 10 days if you can and see how you get on. Me too talking helps a lot.

Big hugs to you xx

• Posted

Thanks sweetie I appreciate that so so much . Hugs to you too xx
    • Posted

Anytime hun, I'm here I may take time to check my emails but I will respond xx

Let me know how you are tomorrow x

• Posted

Hi lattifa,

I'm ok today but not as good as I was before . The happy feeling is not here yet . Is this the med or what ?

• Posted

I am okish, went to my doc yesterday and she upper my meds to 150mg, still getting a little low and anxious around teatime for a few hours but not as bad as I was, said it can take up to 3 months to feel totally normal again xx
    • Posted

My doc gave me refil for 2 month so I still have one more refill . Will see how it goes . Want to feel happy and not thinking a lot .
    • Posted

Hi, yes it is the meds I'm afraid, it makes you worse before better. Gosh it's such an awful process I know. I think it's the worst feeling in the world. But also it's something that you will get better from and very soon now .

Keep strong my friend you will make it, you will notice subtle changes , you will find that a couple of hours a day you will feel back to normal and these hours will turn into days and weeks, you will get a few bad days now and again, but just look after your self, sleep is sooooo important and taking meds at roughly same time each day.

• Posted

Let me know how you are doing on the new dose .

How do you know if you need to up your dose? Wish you all the best dear .

• Posted

How r u ash today with the 150 mg?

I hope it's working .

• Posted

Hi dodo, I am doing good 😃 150mg is working fab! How's u?
    • Posted

Great to hear that finally you found your dose , I'm happy for you .

I'm ok and feeling better .

Thanks god I can cope with my situation now even when there is a bad days it's not that bad as it was before can handle it.

I was thinking if I need to up my dose but I shall give it more time as I'm on the 7th week on 100g

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.