31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Paul

A lot of us here can identify with you. Fighting illness makes you battle fatigued. But hold on to the absolute fact that better days are coming. What's been happening with you to make you feel so low?

This site is amazing and so many of us with different experiences hopefully we can offer some advice

Stay strong

God bless

Lorraine x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Paul

I am so sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking how old your son is. Is he old enough to understand what's going on? Does she have custody of your son? Sounds like you are having a dreadful time Paul but you are always going to be his dad and the bond cannot be destroyed that easily if at all. Are you able to spend time with you son? Sorry so many questions but just trying to understand what you are going through.

Lorraine xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Paul

I imagine the strain on you must be heavy and you are still grieving for your gf. Your son will always love you and maybe you should limit the time he spends with your gf daughter. You have enough on your plate to deal with and your son doesn't need to be exposed to her negativity. His age can be difficult for him too and due to his body changing he may say things that he really doesn't mean. Have you got a good support network that can maybe speak to your son. Importantly is there someone you can lean on whilst you are going through such a difficult period in your life? You and your son will get through this Paul and trust me your his dad he will always love you.

I'm here if it helps in anyway

God bless you and your son

Lorraine

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Paul, Stay strong you have done well so far. Your son loves you as you do him. Are you still going to Woodlands for counselling? You are good at giving others advice now take your own advice. Keep talking here whenever you need to.

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Agh Paul I'm so sorry you're in this place again.

Please try and remind yourself of all of the things everyone on here has told you, and also know that your son loves you very much and if you feel your girlfriend's family are crossing too far over the line, you have every right to limit the time they spend with your son.

Stay strong my lovely, you're doing a great job.

Just keep on going.

Thinking of you xxxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You don't have to be sorry for THINKING that, but please don't DO that.

There's so many steps before you reach that drastic stage you know.

You can ask for more help and support.

But mainly, give yourself some time!

It hasn't even been half a year since you lost your girlfriend, you're still at such the most raw, difficult stages; you really do not need to put yourself under so much pressure at the moment.

Equally in such states of grief you should not make big, life changing decisions.

Just continue to take care of your son and yourself to the best of your ability.

Take some time to heal.

Sending you lots of love xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Paul this is going to sound harsh, so forgive me.

Sometimes you have to put your children first.

Sometimes life is utterly rubbish but you have to focus on other people's needs, no matter how much you are suffering.

I know it's difficult, sometimes impossible, but please try and focus on his needs.

I hope you're ok xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

This is not fair on your son Paul. Times are hard yes,? U have both been through a lot ! And still are. Don't make that rash decision!!!!!!!!. The impact on you both would be Devastating to say the least. You would be happy not seeing your son again? Living with someone else? Think very, very hard about this Paul. You are at your lowest, this is your child's future!!!!!!!!!........ Hold on in there please PAUL.Ā 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Paul there is no one better for your son than his father.Ā  You are irreplacable to him and always will be.Ā  Who could take your place?Ā Ā  He can't go shopping in the supermarket for a new father you know!Ā Ā  He is grieving too and this is the time you should both be drawing closer to mourn yours and hisĀ loss.Ā  x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thankyou PAULĀ 

. Yes he your son and he belongs to you. Your flesh and blood. Glad your back with us. Well done, you fight this Paul, we are all behind you. We're here fornu when u want to chat/rant/ whatever. Take car. And P.S no morev silly talikng off you xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up