Feel awful anxiety levels so high caught in spiral been like this for last 2 weeks.hy

Posted , 9 users are following.

please can someone talk to me I need to know I'm not the only person feeling such severe anxiety right at this moment in time. Sleeping and eating and just getting through days & nights is so so difficult when caught in this spiral. Never been on anything like this before as I can't  work computers very well so my husband has set this up for me. Please talk to me.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen no ur not the only one going through it so dont b worried I no it's very hard just want to no r u on any meds.if not I think now would b the best time to go to ur GP.
    • Posted

been to doctors just started me on mirtazapine but only 7.5mg as the last ones I tried made me worse think they were called citalopram. 
  • Posted

Your not on your own feeling like this. It's awful just getting through the day. Are you on any meds?
    • Posted

Just started on mirtazapine 3 days ago but only half a tablet before bed 7.5mg doctor been carefull as when I started on citalopram they made. Me worse so stopped after three days. Have got 8 1mg lorazepam tablets which I know would help in the short term but doctor said once these have gone there will be no more, want to take one but scared I will not be able to manage without them if I start. Going to try a get some cognitive behaviour therapy but will have to pay( more anxiety) as NHS FULL until October. Scared it's nearly bedtime & won't be able to sleep if I do it will still be waiting for me when I wake up, really panicking.
    • Posted

Hopefully the mirtazipine will help you sleep. You are on a very low dose. I take mirtazipine along with 2 other meds. I take Diazipam as well. I know what you mean about it being there when you wake up. How long have you suffered from depression/anxiety?
    • Posted

Any meds you take will make u worse b4 it's make u feel good it's take around 4/6 weeks to take affect

I'm on Zoloft 25g I get good days and bad

I hop u start to feel better soon😊

• Posted

I am 49 now and I've had it on and off ever since childhood but sometimes gone 10 years without it been as bad as this. Major things in life trigger it like when I went through I V F  17 years ago found it so stressful,  when my sister got cancer 10 years ago and in Jan this year my dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer he is having treatment but they can't cure it. I have always found illness and death difficily, remember been frightened of death when I was a little girl and been too scared to tell my parents.
    • Posted

Once the meds take effect will it feel more manageable.?
    • Posted

I've had depression on and off for 28 years since my daughter was born. This bout the doctors think is caused by the menopause. You can only try and wait to see if the mirtazipine will begin to help you. It's such a low dose. Perhaps your doctor will increase it in time
    • Posted

I was just recently prescribed to citalopram idk if they are helping or not my doctor says it takes about 2 weeks to take effect, how did it make you feel?
    • Posted

Just reading your post here and wondering how long you've been on 25mg Zoloft I ask because I've only been put on it a few days ago at 25mg with perhaps an increase to 50mg at my next appt with psychiatrist in 3 weeks time as ive read that 50mg is the starting dose so perhaps you may also need an increase if you still have bad days as you've said.
  • Posted

I had a dream about seeing a psychiatrists the way her office looked and everything. When I had this dream I was going to a different counselor. Now it's like my dream has came true and I'm having so much anxiety from it, I'm freaking out about it.
  • Posted

It should just takes time I haven't taken the meds ur on but Zoloft it worked for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.