Feel like going crazy

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am really hoping someone can help me understand what is going on with me.I am fixing to be 43,and I think my symptoms although not as bad started a year ago.But the worst part started 2 months ago.I was having a lot of stress from a sick child and out of the blue,bam all these weird symptoms started happening.I developed a uti,hadn't had one since I was 16.For some reason it caused me a great deal of anxiety.After that came the bouts of crying,feeling helpless,shaking internaly,having weird hunger pains,and terrible anxiety.I have had anxiety in the past,but able to cope and control,now it feels uncontrollable.Then comes the adrenaline rush/muscle twitching every morning at 5 Am,or sometimes all night.I have been to ER,had all labs that were normal CT came back normal.Thyroid was normal,pap was normal.Dr refused to test hormones said I was too young.I know this is nothing like I was 2 months ago,and the not sleeping is killing me.It makes my day so full of anxiety.I was used to sleeping till at least 8 am,and I could fall asleep easily,now I feel anxious when lying down because when all of this started I had a massive panic attack in the middle of the night and woke straight up and didn't know where I was for a minute.Now I also pee sometimes every 30 min.Not daily,but the longest I can go is 2 hrs.This is all very confusing,and I hope someone out there can help me.Is this peri menopause?My periods still come every 28 to 29 days.I have had 4 c sections and a tubal 11 yrs ago.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes sounds like Peri ... I literally lost my mind at 41 . The panic anxiety was awful could not leave the house . I leveled out mentally after many months but the anxiety never went away.  You may want to ask the dr for Xanax or Valium which will help for now . We really need it at this time .... we just can’t do this alone . 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply,

The lack of sleep is what is making everything so bad.Like right now,I feel like I'm not here,I'm so tired.It a very weird feeling.

• Posted

Hi Beth I’m with Lori on this .. I have been (and still going through) just what you have described... I had no idea what was going on.. so scared, so much anxiety and panic attacks... felt let I was dying .. I am blessed I came across this forum... you are not alone!!!!!!  The painful fatigue .. not now though I’m in full menopause...     I mentioned to my mom so many Times  in the past that I felt like I needed to be in a straight jacket.. rocking back and forth saying “ I know I’m not going crazy, I know I’m not going crazy”.       Hang in there friend this forum does help so much.. hugs💕🙏

• Posted

I get that way...like I am going to close my eyes and die...scary full body fatigue.
    • Posted

I hear ya Pam ! Being completely ALONE where I live sometimes I don’t see anybody for days or weeks . I want a medal from the Queen for getting through this when I finally do . 
  • Posted

Hi Beth!  I am 41.  Started with terrible symptoms at 40.  Normally in perimenopause you will notice periods are different...skipping, closer, heavier, lighter, etc.  I believe stress can set some of us on this journey early.  I have a special needs child.  Testing FSH is not really accurate until you are officially in menopause... 12 months period free. Make sure you join the menopause group, do you can see all posts.  THere is so much info...we are a wise bunch!  I wish I knew then what I know now!  Would have saved a lot of ER visits and panic! 😁

• Posted

I know Lou ..... I went to the emergency room as felt so so terribly ill . Better on the patch but still have that ‘lost’ ‘where did I go to?’ Feeling . If this was explained better to us and maybe ‘by one of us’  on here women wouldn’t panic .... nobody ever told us how bad it can be . It’s a CRIME that it’s kept so hush hush !

Thank God for the women on here as I would definitely think I’m losing it ! 

• Posted

Thank you,

My daughter had cancer at the age of 2,she's 11 now,but Everytime she gets sick ,even with a normal childhood illness,I go into panic mode and think the worse.That on top of the stress from the uti,and the adrenaline rushes every morning are driving me insane.

• Posted

Awww, Beth I am so glad your baby is cancer free.  I cannot imagine what you have gone through. They always say we are never given more than we can handle and tough times make us stronger...blah, blah, blah!  Now, on top of everything else women have to deal with menopause and lack of understanding.   I am so sick of hearing I am too young.  Or that I am stressed because of my son. Well, DUH!  I was on Lexapro for 3 months ...never took an AD in my life.  I just weaned off recently because I also have vertigo...and it was making it worse.  Obviously, anxiety is not the root cause for me. So back to the drawing board.  If your main symptom is anxiety...an AD may help you get by...Mornings suck now for me too. Unfortunately, everything is trial and error. I am thinking about going back on birth control pills to even out my hormones.  Have you seen a obgyn?
    • Posted

When you hear stories like this you think .... why am I moaning ? But it is so bad and am sure you are constantly worried . That is a terrible burden but she is 11 and hopefully healthy . Make sure she is on a good  diet no processed foods lots of veg . I have a friend who cured herself of cancer with diet .

So teach her now ! Blessings to you .

• Posted

Yes,I went hoping for answers and she was a woman Dr. that was in her 50's and she still said I was too young and that it was either anxiety or pms.

I was hoping she would say it was my hormones,so I wouldn't think I was dying.I have so much health anxiety,and that is something I haven't had to deal with since I was in my 20's and worked as a nurse.

• Posted

Thank you,she is healthy.We eat organic,nothing processed.When we left the hospital she was 3 and they gave her 0 % chance of survival. It was stage 4 neuroblastoma,and with God and our new lifestyle,she is doing awesome.But it's always it the back of my mind.Almost like ptsd.It seems heightened by all of this hormone bs.I always heard menopause was hot flashes,why doesn't anybody want to talk about all the other things that go along with it.Im hoping the surges end soon,I can probably deal with the rest,just not lack of sleep.

• Posted

You are so normal....i completely understand your bouts....you ask yourself who the hell am i.....i fight with the daily emotional part of peri-meno....its a hard road to drive and i wish it would stop and i can be done already....u said it, feel like you are going crazy.....
  • Posted

Hi Beth. Did you have by anychance antibiotic prioryo anxiety? Could be a montb ago. Most antibiotics cause anxiety Panic attack tbat might last for a while. I had Amoxicillin 1 month ago after finishing 5 days course I had severe frequent panick attacks. Although he side effects are deminishing I still struggling with dizziness and anxiety and tension headaches. Take care.Pat
    • Posted

It's funny you mention this,because I had Keflex and that is when the panic started.I wondered about the connection,but it's been 2 months,how long does this crap stay in your system?I felt like it messed up my system because I hadn't been on antibiotics in 8 yrs prior to this.

• Posted

No antibiotics shouldn’t do that to you... I think it may a coincidence . However they do kill all the good bacteria in your body so if you MUST go on them take a good priobiotic or if you know you’re going to be stressed or people are sick around you take Lysine.
    • Posted

Could last for a while someone told me his symptoms lasted 2 months. Someone said a year. Specially if you have past experience with anxiety antibiotic heightens the symptoms. Look after your gut and exercice or swim in cold water. Swimming really is helping me. Sun bath is good too.
    • Posted

Hi Lori

Even in their manufacturer web site for amoxicillin anxiety has been me tioned as one of the side effects. There is a website called "ask a patient" almost half of people have complained about panic attack and anxiety and suicidal thoughts after taking this drug.

• Posted

Beth. Doctor has given me Beta Blocker 10 mg twice a day. The aim is that to stop heart papitation in night so I can have good sleep. Then I will be strong enough day time to use mindfulness and breathing technique to fight day time anxiety. Looks like it is working. I recommend to disscuss it

With you doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.