Feel like I am losing my mind

Posted , 5 users are following.

Right now I feel like I am going crazy. I am sitting in my lovely home & feeling like I am so alone. My DH is on nightshift. My home shld be my safe place but I feel like Ive gotten worse. I go to councelling once a week that I thought was helping. From the outside I look like this totally together happy person but in the inside I'm screaming! Please tell me I'm not alone in my feelings?

I have to be up for work at 6am but know that tonight is going to be 1 of those nights I get no sleep. I cant rest. I cant relax. I have the tv on, the laptop on, my phone in my hand ... 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are definitely not alone in your feelings! I can totally relate to what you're going through. I would feel so alone in my home that it would almost get to a panic state .   I would have to have some sound in the house like the TV on or my radio so I didn't feel so alone. Sometimes I would just get out of the house and go to a store just to be around people.  Being in the house became depressing. It is the worst feeling! It's a helpless scary feeling. I started to go to  to counseling Which helped for that day but it would just start all over again the next day. I decided I wasn't going to let anxiety and panic ruin my life.   The more I sat around the house the worse I was getting. I just started to start working out daily, keep going to counseling, use meditation audio is related to anxiety, eat healthy and socialize.   Busier I kept the less the anxiety was. I have to say it is working. I'm not letting anxiety take me over anymore. We have to be relentless in this because we deserve to live  A life of peace and health. We can overcome this by never giving up. Every now and then I have to fight it off again but that's just what I have to do. Our minds tend to go to the negative if we let it. You may want  to follow up with your primary doctor to discuss this.  There are also some great books at the bookstore related to the power of the mind and anxiety. Worth checking out!

• Posted

Thank you Jan. To be honest its been going on for years. Started out at what I thought was claustrophobia ... but its more about anxiety. I have to fight myself every day. I have a wonderful husband and a job I love and I'm really good at ... but its when I'm not going and I stop for a minute that my mind takes over. I started with councelling over 4 years ago when 2 very close people to me passed away and my gp recommended councelling. It has really helped in fairness ...

You sound like where I want to be. You have put a smile on my face tonight ... I have 6 more hours before I leave my home for work. How do you stop yourself thinking ahead? 

• Posted

Always remember… Be relentless in your pursuit for peace of mind! You can get there! Yes I used to always think  " What if… What if this, what if that… What's going to happen tomorrow… ".   Kind of thinking was torturous and in reality it absolutely does us no good! It's actually bad for our mental health and will definitely increase anxiety. Nobody can really predict what's going to happen so it's important to live day by day and remember To enjoy each day as though it was our last. Take in the simple beauty of this world .....it may sound silly but I will just go on a walk and just watch  The beauty of the sun shining through the trees or the crazy squirrels chasing each other. I really appreciate the simple things in life. It also keeps us from the negative thoughts.  Just don't try to guess what's going to happen tomorrow or in a month or a year because when we do that we miss out on today.. You can do this just tell yourself you are in charge not the anxiety or the negative thoughts! You deserve to have A peaceful happy life. Never ever give up.

• Posted

Thank u so much Jan. Reading your words has made me cry. I hate this feeling. I'm 38 & feeling so much older & worn down. I want to get my life back, the old me from the inside out. 1 day at a time. Tk u

• Posted

I feel the same way you do. My hubby is out with the guys for a few hours and I'm here alone getting more and more anxious by the minute. I don;t like being alone anymore. It never bothered me before this whole anxiety thing. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel and it goes away soon. I have to say it's getting a little better each day. Im also menopausal so im sure that has a lot to do with my anxiety also. I have insomnia some nights also. I go to a therapist once a week like you do and last week when I was there she said if she didn't know better and just saw me on the street she would never even know I had anxiety.I hope you feel better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

• Posted

It never bothered me a few yrs ago. I used to actually love 'me' time. Now I hate it. I'm constantly clock watching. 3 more hours til I have to get ready for work. I'm sitting here waiting for the time to pass. I cant even put my jammies on for fear of needing to go ...

What time are you expecting your hubby back? Try to put the negative thoughts out of your mind. Put on some relaxing music. Relax your mind

• Posted

He should be home in about an hour or so. Im going to try and relax til he gets here.
  • Posted

Hes working again tonight. I'm feeling so tired tonight, feeling like I'm going to have an awful few hours cry I wish the thoughts would stop, that I could put my mind on pause for the night. My heart/chest keeps tensing. Its like my mind is waiting for my body to give in to the panic. I've to be up again at 6 for work. I cant even bring myself to think about going to bed ... 

• Posted

Hi , what happen the other  evening , when you were alone ? 

Nothng really bad , right ? Except , that  you were panicking . 

Please just try to relax I think nothing will happen . Listen to calm music . 

Don't give up ! I hope you will have peaceful evening & night. 

Please let us know ! Thinking of you ! Donna XX

• Posted

My head is telling me that I got through last night and nothing happened. I was fine ... but that other voice in there makes me feel like I am going crazy. I keep thinking of something I read on here of late ... fight or flight. I'm trying so hard. Thanks Donna. Hope you are ok

• Posted

Thank you.  I'm ok today . But yesterday it was different story ! 

Never ends ! Yes , some days I'm thinking I'm going crazy too . You are not alone in this . But we are here to support each other . 

Lately I color a lot . Have you tried that ? 

• Posted

I've not tried it but am willing to give anything a shot. Right now it feels like theres an empty ball in my lower chest bursting to get going. Am trying to keep it at bay but its so hard confused

• Posted

Yes , try it . Maybe you will discover a new passion ? 

I' m hooked on that . Since last year I coloured five of them ! ( books ) 

some of them , are soo beautiful , I freamed them & gave it to my granddaughter . 

But for now , relax , make camomile tea , and remember nothing bad will happen. XX sleep well Donna 

• Posted

Hi caz my hubby is home tonight and I'm still anxious!

• Posted

Have you tried hot milk I find this helps me to go to sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.