feel like i have to make myself breathe

Posted , 16 users are following.

Well hi my anxiety family i was just wondering does anybody else feel like anxiety makes you think you have to make yourself breathe instead of letting it happen automatically ????? My mind is struggling with sooo many things that normal people with out anxiety would not worry about normal and natural things FREAKS me out things before my anxiety i never was scared of all of a sudden im scared of now and it sucks.well i was just venting have a blessed day.

5 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you feeling now man.. Did you overcome that problem in your breathing. And what did you do..
    • Posted

Same Dude Sometimes the only way i could breathe is going outside , and Most of the time i only reach 1 breath per minute it kills me sad
    • Posted

could u tell me how difficult it is for u because i don't know what i have honestly 

• Posted

Honestly bro I have my good days and bad days, but I have faith on God that I will have more good then bad days.  It is a cause of anxiety and OCD, this is a specific OCD called sensoromity I believe it called where you focus on your automatic bodily functions such as breathing, blinking, swallowing, stuff your body does without thinking. But because of anxiety and OCD we bring it to focus. And it isn’t that breathing is annoying cause we do it all our life, it’s the fact that we are focusing on a automatic thing that is so bothersome. Just like if you focus on playing video games you get annoyed. Distracting yourself helps a lot, but it’s more open retraining your mind that hey if you focus on it your breathing at least your living. Im trying to learn to separate my anxiety from it. It’s a journey us who suffer from anxiety are always on but it’s how we stay positive to defeat the dumbness in our mind. 
    • Posted

Ohh i see And you know something  else i've had this for 3 years and also i rarely have good days The only times i breath good lasts 20 min i also wanna ask the only way u make it feel better is forgetting about it ?

• Posted

I’ve had it for along time and I was tell myself if I was able to over come it then then I can do the same now. Sorry for the late reply just been trying to stay busy. And the ways I try to feel better is distracting myself , doing my best to not let it get to me, trying to relax, I mean when your busy you tend not to focus on it. I’m gonna see a therapist soon. A big way I feel good is in spiritual so I talk to God/Jesus in prayer. 
  • Posted

I notivce since I was a kid I would have to take deep breathes Come to find out when Im anxious now, I tend to do it also. Or it feels like im not breathing right... 
  • Posted

This has been happening to me since I was a small child, I remember it keeping me up at night as young as 4. It still happens at odd times, it is quite disconcerting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.