Feel like I'm losing my mind

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. Just beginning perimenopause. I feel as if I'm going to lose my mind 😔 Started back on antidrepressant and anti anxiety meds but only a couple of weeks ago so more side effects than relief just yet. I'm ok one minute, then just want to go to bed as early as I possibly can just to end the day. I hate it so much. Anyone else feel this way? 😔

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry but know things will get better.

This is my 3rd year into perimenopause and I went through just about everything you can name and the anxiety was my worst moments now I'm dealing with hot flushes!! and it's the weirdest !! Terribly hot one minute then chills the next. I don't take anything but I did go through a year not wanting to do anything or go anywhere!!

So your not alone! Pray up! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Posted

Hi Trishann. A year? Oh honey I hate to hear that. I've also been walking and doing yoga, and yes, praying for sure! I hope you are feeling great now and I want to thank you for responding. 😌 Sending you hugs and positive, serene energy.

• Posted

I also suffer a lot with hot flushes day and all night are the worst.

i was recommended to try a lady magnet, and been using for last 2 weeks and hardly getting any now, last night I went all night without a hot sweat was great. I got mine from Boots the chemist uk. They have them on amazon too. It's a magnet and you clip it on to your briefs quite discrete but give it a try working for me and reviews are good 😀

• Posted

Hi brenda. I feel ur pain but I have to say u will come out the other side!! I promise u this! !!! I hv had days wen I just did not want to get up. My son was getting married I was abt to be a granny and I just did not want to be here if the truth be told! ! I had sooooo many good things In my life but I cud not c them!! Hormones r a curse!! They will rule ur life!! But! Wen it settles u will b able to look bk and say iv come thru it. I took hrt for 3 months 2rs ago bit it didn't agree with me. I hv bn Peri for 5 yrs am now in menopause. Am coming 51. Peri is the worst. Plz trust in God! He will get u thru this!! Will b thinking and praying for u xxx💕💕💖

• Posted

Oh Tina I am so sorry to hear that you felt so bad! 😔 Thank you for reaching out to me. It makes me feel so much better. I can't talk to my daughter or boyfriend about this because they just don't understand. I am just full of anxiety and depression. Have had depression alot of my life due to events in life like everyone else but I have a wonderful man in my life and all is really ok now, I just feel a little dead inside and I hate it 🙁

• Posted

Hi Brenda..yes absolutely felt like that through Peri menopause. My moods were the worst thing for me by far. Nervous anxiety, incredible frustration, anger and the depression and crying was horrid. Sometimes I'd wake up crying in the morning with brain fog that would last all day. I questioned my sanity on a few occasions and it scared me. On BHRT and DIM now to balance my hormones and I feel almost normal again.

• Posted

Exactly. Oh God it's awful 😣 Can't sleep right now. Something about the 4 o'clock hour...

• Posted

Yes Brenda I am a fellow suffer can identify with you exactly.

I been like this 18 months

All you can do is try stuff to help. I recommend magnesium for sleep and no caffeine or excess sugar. Read up on diet it's important.

I can post other stuff later if you like? Debi .xxxxx

• Posted

Thank you Debi. Yes I've stopped the caffeine completely, I'll welcome any tips! 🙂

Thank you for reaching out and I hope you're feeling good today!

• Posted

It;s better to consult to doctor fory you to have the right information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.