Feel like I'm relapsing on Naltrexone

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi All,

Been doing really well for the last 5 months on Nal, a slow but progressive cutting down of the alcohol. 

However the last 3 weeks it has been going up again :-( not sure why. 

Naltrexone has killed my urges and ability to drink wine, I actually dislike the taste and struggle to drink it, however I have now switched to vodka to avoid this issue -.- 

I find Naltrexone doesn't work as well with spirits and I can still easily drink half a bottle of vodka in one night while on Nal. I really want to get this down. I'm also back up to drinking four nights a week instead of two. 

Don't get me wrong this is still an improvement but after 6 months almost on Nal i was hoping to be doing better and  be more stable with drinking less nights. 

I can still easily drink 10-15 units per night and suffer a blackout. 

Do you think upping the amount of Naltrexone will help me? I'm struggling and feel like I'm going backwards 

1 like, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey natalie,

I know this thread was posted a year ago.. hope youre doing alright.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.