feel like im going to die soon?

Posted , 203 users are following.

Has anyone felt this way? Its like after i started suffering from anxiety and going through panic attacks, my brain has convinced me that i am dying soon. Like yesterday i was conviced i was going to die today. Please tell me i am not the o ly one that feels this. I also read that people feel like theyre going to die and then they died suddenly. This has me soooooo stressed out!! Help!!

25 likes, 271 replies

271 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi try not to worry it your anxiety about two years ago I stopped my medication just like that not thinking it was helping me I didn't cut down was done abruptly.

Well after about a week I convinced I was going to die my heart didn't beat right my breathing wasn't right shooting pains in my head I thought I had a tumour I was in a right state but all my tests were normal my anxiety was through the roof and guess what I am still here and doing better and you will be fine too just remember you are not alone and your going to be ok 🌹

• Posted

Thanks it makes me feel good that i am not the only one.... the feeling get sooo overwhelming that my body reacts to it and i began to feel weak and then really believe that my death is near. I hate this feeling so much. I get so scared because i have a 3 year old son and a family and i do not want to leave them suffering... these episodes do come and go throughout the day...some days are good and some are bad. Which makes me believe there is a hope into overcoming this feeling..
    • Edited

When do they stop ive been having a panic attack all day literally this has been goin on since i was about 23 i feel like i always gotta run to the hospital i loose so many great jobs they just hit me like a train i can b doin absolutely nuthin then all of a sudden here it comes wat do i do any suggestions
    • Posted

Its such a horrible feeling. I have found no way to deal with these feelings. I wake up in the morning and i feel relaxed and fine. But throught the day its gets bad to the point i think im dying. My heartbeat feels irregular. My chest and back hurt constantly. At points i feel dizzy and weak to the point of passing out. Have you found any medicine or technique that solved these feelings? I just want tk feel like myself again.
    • Posted

Hi, i feel exactly how you feel.... i wake up in the morning just fine and fresh then later on will start the bad feelings as well as thoughts of me going to die.. chest hurts front and back. A couple of times it got so bad that i had to be sent to the A&E as i have stents in my artery. All this anxiety started a few months after my angioplasty. And everytime i was sent to A&E for the attacks, ECG and Blod Pressure was all good and as im just done stenting about a year, doctors brush it off as panic attacks and there nothing wrong with my heart. But it feels so bad that daily life is affected. Sometimes even my stomach start to have gas buildups and it really feels bad. I like u is still looking for ways to overcome this😔

• Posted

Do you get physical pain and insomnia with this?

I feel this way too and can't shut my mind off!

How are you managing?

• Posted

Hi.... i do get physical pain like aching and sharp pain in the upper chest and lower left especially near my stomach and also my back near the lower shoulder blades and have spoken to my pyschiatrist about it and base on all my blood test, ecg and blood pressure, all the pain were related to anxiety and panic attack. The pain will start to come especially when I start to feel worried, scared and stress. And to make the pain worse, I will also lose my appetite as eating makes me worry about my health since i have blockages before in my artery ( which have already done angioplasty and doctors say im much healthier now) and hunger also makes the pain worse due to the gas buildups. So now i just fight that anxiety by eating to avoid the gas buildup. I dont eat till im full but just enough to avoid and gastric and at the same time i when the negative thoughts comes into my mind I will let it come but I will start to talk to my wife or kids or do something which can distract it. And also my doctors have told me during my last panic attack that my test were all good and my heart is at its best now so I also use that to convince myself that im all fine now. Its been about a few days now doing that and i feel much better.
    • Posted

I know how you feel. Mine isnt anxiety. I cant eat very many food types without throwing up and feeling a major dead confusion in head. My hands and feets aways hurt. My arms hurt. I lost lots of weight. I use to weight alot such as 280 but now am 230 pounds. My bodie is changing. I swear i feel like when i look in the mirror my body is green on some parts. And i have very bad sevire pain. So mine is not anxiety mine is health problems. Also my blood pressure is aways too high.
    • Posted

So Inhad all these same thing. I would go to the ER and they would say anxiety. We'll insaw a Cardiologist and got a 30 monitor and they found PVCs and SVTs and those can make you feel that way. It is hard to diagnose unless you have a monitor to catch them. They are benign but my anxiety level has gone down knowing what they are.

• Posted

I used to have anxiety that would cause my heart rate to go up to 200 bpm sitting still and bp of like 160/110, and I'm an 18 year old in great shape, and I would get tonnes of skipped beats, which drove me nuts, so they put me on beta blockers (propranolol) and it has worked nearly perfectly for my anxiety as it takes away the majority of my physical anxiety symptoms. My life is somewhat liveable now even though I'm still battling with my psych to overcome the negative way of thinking that fuels anxiety. Talk to your doctor about beta blockers and see if they are applicable for your case 

• Edited

I hope everyone sees this reply, buy the book DARE by Barry Mcdonagh. It will make panic attacks and anxiety disappear almost completely. 

• Edited

yesterday i was really stressed and once i got into bed, i got the feeling that i was going to die and although i had been very tired i couldn't sleep at all. i got repeated shivers down my spine and stomach pain. i have anxiety but i wasn't diagnosed by a doctor, i guess i self diagnosed myself. i'm freaking out and my mood is all over the place and i really wanna know if anyone on this thread is still alive lol because im convinced that once i get this feeling then im doomed. i cant eat or do basically anything because i keep thinking about it. someone help please

• Edited

hey jana, im in the same hole. my anxiety started getting severe in june. ive been into the emergency room and doctors office so many times in the past couple of months. all this time i have had a sense of doom everyday. i think to myself about tomorrow and then my anxiety starts. it says "what if i don't make it till tomorrow. then my heart starts to race. i get panicked and nervous. then i get major cheat pains and try not to google my symptoms because it will say i have some type of cancer or that im dying. ive beenput on anxiety and depression medications since then. they've helped. but i still have thoughts. i just have to pray and tell myself that i am and will be okay. so i totally understand what you're going through. i hope that everything gets better for you!

• Edited

i have exactly the same feeling soon as i go to bed i get this s**t feeling ,that in going to die..to a point i feel my heart about to stop and sharp noise in my ears

• Posted

me too. this is hell. im sorry you're going through this. i really hope you feel better

• Posted

i have been feeling the same and its driving me crazy, its really affecting my day to day life... its scarring me going to work and all sorts im sat here typing this with chest ache in the middle. im literally so fed up of it.

• Edited

Did your anxiety get worse after children? I have death anxiety as well but its 10x magnified since becoming a parent. If youre not on medicine its time for a medical intervention sonyou can enjoy your life and not have these disturbing thoughts rule your life.

• Edited

I'm here!! Going through the same❤. It helps to know we're not alone.

• Posted

if you dont mind me asking how old are you cause im 26 and overweight and im scared sometimes that I may have a heart attack at a young age.. but im losing weight!

• Posted

hi, i can totally understand what your going threw! every day i wake up thinking i feel ok, i might be good today! then i start thinking about it, and my heart starts beating fast! it's always beating fast now! i think i have a heart condition so I'll go to hospital and they say I'm fine! so then ill go home and hours later I'm having the same feelings! so i think we'll maybe i have cancer! i do hurt all over all the time! my arms legs stomach chest! i got bit by a tick today! now I've read all the diseases u can get from the tick i got bit by,! and of course I'm having the symptoms of it! i just Kno every day that this is my last day! and today's my birthday! lol and i have felt like I'm dying all day today! i can't ever enjoy myself!! i hope you're doing better by the way! i just wanted to let everyone know they are not alone!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.