feel like im going to die soon?

Posted , 203 users are following.

Has anyone felt this way? Its like after i started suffering from anxiety and going through panic attacks, my brain has convinced me that i am dying soon. Like yesterday i was conviced i was going to die today. Please tell me i am not the o ly one that feels this. I also read that people feel like theyre going to die and then they died suddenly. This has me soooooo stressed out!! Help!!

25 likes, 271 replies

271 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I get like that. Heart races, feel depersonalised, chest pains, feel like my throat is going to close up and that I am going to faint and or die.  It's horrible.  I know it's (probably) not going to happen but the symptoms are so physical it's hard to ignore.  Only thing I can suggest is to try distraction techniques but sometimes easier said than done I know.  Good that you're talking about it though and know you're not alone x
  • Posted

I feel like this all the time! I think it's because I'm scared of dying that I feel it will happen suddenly to me and I won't get to see my girls grow up! Some days I only think about once others it's on my mind all day. You are not the only one but I have no idea on how to stop it! 
    • Posted

Hey Angie, I'd like to know how everything is with you now. I'd like to know how you're feeling because I feel the same way.

• Posted

Me too I've a 3 year old and im so convinced somethings going to happen me (my worry is a brain anurysim, because I've horrible headaches). All of yhe worry over this had made me distance myself from her as I feel she can sense something is about yo happen me too... but she can probably just see my heads else where and im worried I hate how all this is affecting me ahead i really get upset at the fact that it might be making her worried. I ahendlso panic that of is died she would forever be depressed. I wanna be here for her. I had ahendlso ct scan that they said was perfectly normal and I mean it's kind of reassuring but not really because I'm still having these horrible headaches and dizzy spells that get so intense then drop. Kind of like labour contractions in my head. I feel like when the contraction is at its worst that's when I'm going to die 😣😣😣😣

• Posted

Same here, as a young kid I always had a fear of dying. My first panic attack was at 13 this is the worst thing I've come across it's so scary!!!

• Edited

This post is a mirror image of myself. I feel exactly the same and I think leaving my 3 year old daughter behind and not watching her grow up. I feel ill daily I had a good day yesterday where although anxiety was still there I felt calmer and smiled more because I didn't feel terrible like usual . But today I feel back to normal I cried to myself briefly earlier because I felt so ill ie tired to the stage of drowsiness, weak all over, nausea and light headed and I honestly thought like everyday this is it something is going to happen to me. I ended up having a nap and feel calmer but I still don't feel right. I never do. Its been 18 months now that I have had these symptoms to this extent where it affects me daily and never well. I am so fed up of it and not having no support the doctor just says you have had all the tests and can't do anymore its anxiety. I miss those care free times when just leaving your home you had no obstacles to face, no feeling of feeling scared and unwell on the verge of a panic attack. You are not alone I just wish I could say something that may help but I'm still in the same loop as you :-(
    • Posted

I actually only registered for an account because of your post Moo88.

Incredible, it was as though I wrote it myself.

I have been to numerous doctors, lost count on ER visits. My CBC counts are normal, clear chest X-ray, good EKG... No Dr has been able to tell me what's wrong or why this is happening.

I've been dealing with the same symptoms you listed weak, light headed, dizziness, full body pain, chest pain, back and shoulder pain and stiffness, terrible pain to touch around the base of my head/neck for 1.5 years now I've been living like this and it's only getting worse.

4 months ago my left leg started swelling up to twice its size, it hasn't returned to normal size yet. Leg ultrasound was clear .... still no answers. It hurts like hell.

Then last month this constant feeling that I'm dying started.

I try to sleep but the feeling of dying becomes so overwhelming I start vomiting.

I find myself feeling like I'm dying a lot throughout the day, everyday now.

As you stated, even on my tolerable days I still don't feel right. I can't find any other way to phrase this feeling, I just don't feel right.... Normal. I feel off.

I've dropped 15 pounds in the last 9 days. i can hardly eat but when I manage too I just vomit it right back up.

A few months ago I started getting this feeling like something is in my throat, like you have to keep swallowing but nothing is actually my throat. It's weird.

MOO88 have you found any answers???

I can't live like this much longer.

It's terrible! I want to feel like myself again. I'm a single mom of 2 girls we need eachother. I hate what this is doing to us. I want my life back!

Please can anyone help??? Please !!

• Posted

I feel the same way too it's a horrible scary feeling like any second you'll just drop ofc it never happens sad and what's helped me so far on this hell of a journey is after every Attack my brain realized ok see u haven't died nothing bad happened so the anxiety gets a little more easier to deal with it's still scary distraction hard I know sad
    • Posted

Dear, Moo88

I feel exactly the same as you do and it almost its me alive, im afraid to live, its like anxiety rules my life and the symptoms are so physical its almost impossible to ignore. And its fairly new, If anyone would like to talk to me about their anxiety so i can have more insight feel free to reply

• Posted

You probably started out with the scary anxiety symptoms everyone does, but the brain is a powerful thing, how you react to anxiety makes it better or worse. If you have a full blown out panic then it will spiral out of control, you're taking a toll on your muscles, your stomach, your brain, and especially your heart. Your heart can give out from too much stress, and based off your symptoms you're stressing, very hard so something that was minor might make your fears come true and it'll be be your own doing. So what you need to do is something that sounds dumb, but it will help, i promise, push through as hard as you can, when you feel youre getting all spinned up, talk to yourself tell yourself "I WILL be alright" remind yourself youre doing it for your kids, tell yourself "I have decided NOT to die" . Luke i said before, the brain is a powerful thing so you should use it to take back control of your life.
    • Posted

Mine all started after 3 months of intense stress with family issues I had a TIA in Dec 14'. Since the TIA my anxiety has been out of control and getting worse.

I hear what you're saying about stress and anxiety causing worse physical problems.

6 mos ago I started sleeping with 12hr 528Hz sleeping sounds, subliminal sleep hypnosis,

• Posted

Binaural beats for PTSD and a few other sleep aid sounds. I do meditation... But nothing seems to really be helping. When I feel the aniexty heighten I do tell myself I'm fine, I try to distract myself but like I said it doesn't really seem to be helping.
    • Posted

Have you taken cipro or a fluroquinolone antibiotic recently? The adverse reactions to that family of antibiotics is similar to what you're describing, I'm going through it myself. I hope you have better days.
    • Posted

RachelBo

I know this is an old post but I was wondering how you're getting along these days???

I'm doing this exact same thing and am curious if you ever found a solution!

• Posted

I so can relate left work today because of these horrible feelings. If only we could tell our minds we are ok. Our thoughts take over and we can't control after that then the body systoms start reeling in. My prayers thoughts are with u.

• Edited

Hi I'm new on here, but U knw wat I've been battling these same feelings for 8yrs. I'm so tired of always feeling like I'm dying. It scares me so bad. I cry I can't drive myself anywhere anymore. Pills aren't working. I understand where u'r coming from. I pray all the time that Jesus help me nd take these feelings away. It helps but the fear is still there. There's help there's a light at the end of the tunnel. There is sunshine after the storm we just hv to hv Faith! I will pray for U

• Edited

Try taking magnesium supplements. Your symptoms sound like a magnesium deficiency. Try 400mg magnesium glycinate and see whether you feel better.
    • Edited

My anxiety started 2 yrs ago. I woke up one day and was having all the symptoms of a heart attack, I made a trip to the ER and like you all my tests were normal and I was sent home. I was really frustrated because I really felt something was wrong.

About a month later I was having pain in my leg and was pretty certain I had a blood clot in my leg (I have factor 5 which is unusually thick blood, I have had 3 blood clots in this leg) but again they did an ultrasound and found nothing. I was angry when I left the ER this time, I remember thinking "is this my life now? Is this ever going to go away? How do I deal with this plus try to 'act' normal around my 3 daughters and my fiance when I really believe in my mind that I'm dying!'

Well after several visits to my primary Dr and breaking down in tears because the meds that were given to me (Lorazepam) which help you deal with an anxiety attack can actually cause your anxiety to happen more often, I told her I don't want pills I want to know how to fix this so I can feel normal again!

She told me that going to a therapist may be what was needed because sometimes it's things that we bottle up and possibly forget over time have resurfaced and this is the way our bodies react, it's your fight or flight kicking in. For me it was a car accident that occurred 2 years before my anxiety happened, but it was like PTSD. So I started seeing a therapist who helped me, she did the EMDR treatment, which I thought was really strange at first but it actually did help as well as learning some breathing techniques. She told me that most people take shallow breaths and when you feel the anxiety to take deeper breathes and try to relax your body but to really focus on your breathing.

I hope this helps, I know what worked for me may not work for you but I needed direction because I felt extremely lost and had lost hope, you're not alone! Best of luck, Jaye

• Posted

Are you feeling any better? I feel their same and I want to find a solution
    • Edited

I have these exact same symptoms. No problems from what Dr. says but I keep feeling like there is something wrong with me. I feel these exact ways and all. Even the leg issue. This Is a serious life wrecking thing to deal with. Stress does damage the body though. So even that stresses me out when I start stressing! I am tired of living like this. My whole life is in fear.if you need anyone to talk to I'd be more than happy to give you my email. I know I would appreciate someone who knows exactly how I feel to assure me that I'm ok.... I need help.

• Posted

I would be interested in talking with you. These issues are ruining my life
    • Posted

Hi Jaimie39155:

Sometimes I think that there couldn't be another human being who has the feelings you speak of, except for me of course. With me it's been going on for ten years and I've actually developed a fear of doctors and hospitals. That may be a different problem but natually very related.

I recently had abdominal hernia surgery with a very large piece of mesh about 9" x 12" in size. I was sent home from the hospital only three hours later. By the time I arrived home most of the OR pain drugs had worn off and I was really hurting. Half an hour passed and I had the urge to urinate. My wife helped me up (5'2" 120 LBS.) and I managed to get to the toliet. It seems when the surgery was perform I was catherized and ripped up internally pretty serverely. I'm 71 years old but when the urine flowed it burned and caused me to have more pain than I could imagine existed in all my years. 

Well here it is two months later and I still feel this must be my last day on earth. The doctors think I'm fine even with severe stenosis in my obtuse marginal artery. I have the freedom to go anywhere for treatment but I'm afraid to let another doctor touch me. So you're not alone.

Best Luck

Ron351

• Edited

Hi! I'm going thru the exact same thing at this moment which is probably why I'm on this forum. I even feel better after reading that you're going thru it too, not to wish it on anyone. But that's what helps tell me its anxiety. I'm scared to death that I have cancer or something and I'm going to die. When I am standing today I feel like I NEED to find a place to sit ASAP. My bed is the only place I relax. I'm not tired. Just weak and scared. I feel like my vision is bad but it's really not I just over think it all. And my heart is at 100 all day. It sucks. But what makes me almost sure I have anxiety is that some days I wake up feeling good and start the day and then I can go go go all day no problem at all!!! I need help for this fast. I keep making my boyfriend stay home from work and my dad wouldn't understand. My mom recently passed away. I'm only 19 but it helps to see someone else experiences the same thing and isn't dying!

• Edited

I always go through this thing I'm feeling like that my time has come I'm going to die now I have dreams about it aswel I feel like that my auntie and my grabdad are in the room here I can't see them but it feels like that, they are dead I'm scared badly I can't believe I'm still alive I think I'm going to die my death is coming it's in it's way

• Posted

It feels really real I don't no what to do I feel like that my grandad is here is this a hint for me to die I think I'm deluding

• Edited

This is me! This is me all day every day. I've been afraid of death for as long as I can remember. Even as a little girl I would cry about the fact that I would die one day. It's always been bad but after I had my twins 21 months ago, it has become unbearable. I freak out and my body goes limp and I'm frozen. I'm terrified that I am going to die and leave my little girls behind and they will have to grow up without a mommy. They need me and I don't ever want to leave them behind. Even more than that, I am terrified that one day I am going to be dead. I am terrified that one day I will not be alive and I won't even know it, because I'm dead. I am terrified of being dead. I have really been struggling with my faith lately and that makes it so much worse. I feel so alone. This is ruining my life.

• Edited

I can totally relate! I have extreme health aniexty and always have. My father passed when I was 4 so I have always neen scared of death and petrified to die..always. It's all gotten so much worse since I had my son 5 months ago. I feel like I'm having heart issues, or a blood clot, or a million different things. I'm constantly short of breath, chest pain, random headaches that come and go, dizziness, heart palpitations and just have the feeling I'm going to pass out and die from whatever it is that is causing these daily symptoms. I see a therapist once a week and have recently worn a 24 hour heart monitor which came back I had palps but apparently that's normal. I'm not convinced cause those don't show anything except the beat of the heart. I am also so tired of living with this fear and feeling these physical symptoms. I want to enjoy life and not always be worried and on edge. I'm scared to leave my son behind. I can totally relate and have no advice except you arnt alone. Wonder Why it's so much worse after having a child? The physical symptoms came out where. And have not stopped since. I have always had this my whole life but not like this. I'm ready to turn to meds. I feel like the stress I put on my heart from aniexty is just as bad for me.

• Edited

I have every one of those symptoms. Literally every single one, especially the shortness of breath which is sometimes all day every day. It's like a can't fully expand my lungs. I found a way to get a breath but taking in short quick breaths until I have to gasp and then I can get full breath. I tried taking Ativan but the next day I feel super depressed. I think we are and frail for leaving our babies behind because we love them so much and we don't want to hurt them by not being there for them. One thing is certain, these symptoms are caused by anxiety. The thought that I will die one day is ruining the days that I am alive. I wish I believed in ghosts, or something. I mean damn, I'd settle for witches or demons at this point. Anything to show me that there is something after death besides nonexistence. I've prayed and prayed for this to go away but it won't. It's not as bad when I completely cut out caffeine. But I have twin toddlers, work full time, and I'm in school full time for my Doctorate. I literally NEED caffeine to live! Sometimes I will get this strange and sudden shock like feeling through my body. After it happens I feel super weak and floppy, like I can't hold my head up or anything. Does that ever happen to you?

• Edited

Sorry been busy with the baby! Yes the shock thing does happen to me! Like an electric jolt that leaves me so fearful and tired. And also as you said the shortness of breath is also my worst symptom! I have always had aniexty as I said but since having my son I have all these new symptoms like the shortness of breath. My therapist says once you concentrate on your breathing it gets worse. I still get it tho and like you it's all day sometimes. Other days it comes and goes every few hours. I get to the point I feel like I can't catch it and I'm going to faint. I guess we have to remember we are good mothers and that like you said it's only aniexty. I cut out caffeine all together but can understand why you haven't! You are a busy mama! It's nice to know I'm not alone I feel like you are literally going thru the same thing. It's hard to convince myself in the mitts of it that it's aniexty and not something else. But I'm still here so I guess it must be (then my sick brain says but it could be slowly getting worse and the "big one" is just around the corner!) pathetic I know. Good luck to you and just know your an amazing mom and working hard! Hopefully someday we can look back and know we did our best and be glad our aniexty is gone or managed. I always have wondered of an afterlife also? Haha like you said any sign would be ok at this point! Good luck to you

• Edited

I know exactly how you feel, but what calms me down is praying and thanking God everyday for another day of life. Also don't let fear take control over your life..it's all about attitude you can tell yourself everyday that you're going to be okay and with time your brain will start to get used to the idea so that fear will be pushed out of the way. I hope that you find peace within and you live a happy life. God bless!

• Edited

Thanks girl! I've been trying extra hard lately to not let it control me. But then we have Business with Trump and Syria ANNNNND I live in Washington DC so I'm freaking out about keeping my kids alive if something were to happen. But if it wasn't that it would be the super volcano that's overdue for eruption by like 600 years or something. Then I think about how, compared to the 4.5 billion years the Earth has been here, 600 years in nothing and our lifespan is just a fleck in existance. Then I start freaking out about that😠 It's always something and it's scary and frustrating. A couple years ago i saw a video of a little girl, she was maybe 3 or 4, and she was crying about her little brother growing up. Then she started crying about not wanting to die. I remember feeling that exact way when I was her age and I hurt so bad for her just knowing what she is going through. I think we need to keep in mind how much our Littles need us and try to be brave and strong for them. I have only known one other person with thanataphobia in my life. You are the only other person that I have heard of experiencing the shock wave thing. Our bodies are crazy. This is all just our brain do this to us. I've heard people say that we could do incredible things if we used our whole brain. You mean I'm only using part of it and this is what I get?!😂😂😂 I don't want to use even another tiny piece of it😂😂😂

• Edited

Same feeling...it's worse when my faith is shakey 😢😢

• Edited

Hi Sarah, 

I just registered on here so as to reply to you. I'm a believer too, Christ is Lord. I believe He will deliver me from this depressing feeling. It's been a few months now since the layoff, and i can't quite shake this feeling off. I'm having having though, God is God still. Was with Job when he lost everything u know. All his children died too. What's a little depression girl, God is able isin't He? Amen. Amen. You're able Jesus.Bless your Holy name.

- Edwin.

Los Angeles, CA.

• Edited

Funny you say this becashe I did the exact same thing. It wasn't until I read @Moo88 that I decided to make an account just to thank you. It's not even the fact of you actually having a remedy to help me it's the fact that you understand. I've read all the comments prior and it's safe to say I was in agreeance with them but it's something about Moo88's comment that just stood out to me. I just want to actually say hat appreciate you all because I was hit with it pretty early; I'm only 18 and I can say that I do see a slight improvement from when I first starting having them but it still doesn't change the fact that it's still there. A lot of people don't understand and they treat the illness as something so minuet but it's only because they don't understand what the sickness actually does to us physical. I'm that moment it's very hard to understand nothing is wrong when that's exactly what you feel. Sometimes people think I'm being inconsiderate and unappreciative when they show "concern" or "support but that's not even the case the fact of the matter is my brain isn't even a mental state to proces what is even being said so I'm sorry if you feel I'm being obnoxious I'm just fighting myself. It does suck to "not feel normal" you take the Sinologist things for granted like having a clear mind once until anxiety actually affects you. I never really understood what living life was and enjoying myself until I was diagnosed but even with my miserable thoughts I felt it was too late that now is not the time to try and enjoy lkme because you can't. But as others have spoken somedays are ecstatic and some are just overwhelming with negativity. But if I can just feel free and the most on the good days then it gives me hope that it's not too late. As long as I continue tobe blessed from the most high God with breathe in my body even after experiencing an episode I know there's hope just as there is hope for all of you.

• Edited

Sorry for all of the typos I'm writing from my iPhone and the screen is cracked really bad

• Posted

I read your post and it describes EXACTLY what I am feeling. How are you feeling today?
    • Posted

Rachel the throat issue is globular hysteria. I suffer from anxiety to the point I feel like I can't breath .

I was sent for a nasal scope to check my throat as I felt on swallowing there was a ping pong ball there..

Anyway camera up the nose and down the throat and all clear.

The consultant told me anxiety tricks the mind into believing there's a lump as that's what you believe it is.

After all clear appointment I've never felt it again. However I've moved onto other things being wrong. Health anxiety is a nightmare

• Edited

Reading this made me tear up I feel JUST LIKE YOU Never well enough always so drained and tired I feel like this monster called anxiety has turned me into a schizophrenic! May God be with us!
    • Posted

Simply reading this makes me tear up. I was just about to go to the ER but whats the point you know. Btw whats that shock, it happens to me when i sleep.. i wakeup feeling extremly anxious like its time. Im out of words i just wanted to see if anyone has found a way.. any meds anything? I dont care even if the meds ruin me as long as i dont feel like dying every 15 mins im happy..
    • Posted

I feel the exact same way. . . . i fear of not being here for my two girls they r my life and i ldnt imagine not being here and being able to take care of them i try to sit with good thoughts but it dosent help at times i feel like a faliure of a mom because i just dont feel myself and i cant get the energy to get up and do what i use to i sit at night and cryl because im scared i feel like im alone most the time i want things to go back to normal but i dont know how to make it that way.
    • Posted

Sarita  thank you for your faith.  I am only 30 and I have a weak heart.  I have PTSD and chest pains all the time. I think my heart is broken forever because of my life... pray for me pls-
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this honey, I will be praying for you. Think on the good things that's going on in your life and try to occupy your mind thinking about the happy moments of your life. God is there with you every step of the way let him guide your ways, surrender to him he will not forsake you I promise. Free your mind from all the negativity, I know that's easier said than done but with practice and patience you can train your brain to focus on the positivity rather than the negative. Spend time with the people you love live each day being thankful. Stay blessed my beautiful friend you're not alone you'll be just fine my dear ????

• Edited

I feel exactly like you, like the world keeps giving me signs, like I am meant to die in a month. I’ve convinced myself so hard I can’t have a day without having panic. It started when a few months ago when I had this feeling if I didn’t break up with my boyfriend i was going to die so I broke up with him but the feeling stayed. Then it manifested into specifically April was the month. Then I woke up one day and my legs were super sore. Then I developed a red round rash on my legs and my left leg was numb. I was convinced I had a blood clot. I went to the er and they did an ultrasound and said I was fine. From then on (2 months ago) I have been to the hospital 5 or 6 times. I was even admitted to the psych ward after going to the hospital because I was POSITIVE I was having a heart attack and about to die. The feeling won’t go away. I have numb limbs, severe chest pain, headaches, shortness of breath, joint and nerve pain. I can’t even walk up a flight of stairs without almost passing out and I’m only 18. They have told me everything is fine all of my blood work is completely normal I had a stress test and so many ekgs and my hearts fine. I was diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus (basically mono and it stays in touch forever 90% of the population has it without symptoms) but I’m still convinced something will happen. Every night I invision the world ending or me hitting a deer or me having an aneurism. I can’t shake the feeling that my dogs are looking at me because they know I’m dying. I’m f*****g scared. This is the worst. 
    • Posted

Hi Rachel I know this post is old but this is exactly what I'm dealing with word from word besides the vomiting. I even developed a fear of swallowing liker today I thought I had throat cancer because I've been having heartburn and indigestion from GERDS! I have 2 sons a single mom also and I cant have this keeping happening, I've ran out of my home because something I have out of my body!

• Edited

dear Lita2020 i´ve been there 5 years ago..u have to be sure that all u´re going through are mind games..it seems that u r too stressed..first step u have to see a psychiatrist to prescribe u an antianxiety medicine..in my case i took cipralex..second..i want u to be sure that everything will be fine with time .. we all have gerd that's why we all experienced many symptoms that are similar to heart conditions..throat cancer..but all that are ILLUSIONS! u r fine just breathe and try to give it time..plz don't google any symptoms..and be sure that u're going through health anxiety..

• Posted

i have epsteins barr too and for the last two weeks ive been achey and today i ahd horrible anxiety and just constantly in my head thinking somethings wrong somethings wrong and im gonna die i want to go to the ER but i dont want them to tell me its just anxiety. im so sorry youre going through this how are you feeling these days???

• Posted

my dog stares at me too , and i am completely convinced she knows I'm dying.what is wrong with us. I'm freaking out. i hope you are doing better now. my problems just started six months ago. God bless you young lady

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.